PDA

View Full Version : Word Forward Radio Edit?

SlipKid815
February 13th 2010, 08:54 AM
So I just heard Word Forward on the radio, which is interesting because it appears my little local hits station got it before my area's big rock one, which makes me wonder if they jumped the gun, has anyone else heard it?

BTW, In case you're wondering, it's BAD- it makes the Rock Band (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq19nurvAeM) edit look subtle. Instead of the huge obvious blank it has a quick obvious cut, and the effect is like the CD skipped, but I suppose there's not much that could have been done for it, I was just hoping that it might be a little better. It was still cool and unexpected to hear it, though.

Jamilia
February 13th 2010, 12:26 PM
So I just heard Word Forward on the radio, which is interesting because it appears my little local hits station got it before my area's big rock one, which makes me wonder if they jumped the gun, has anyone else heard it?
They've been playing it in Belgium for a couple of weeks now, but I don't know if those 'rules' are the same like in your country.

pearlofangels89
February 13th 2010, 12:33 PM
One of the Hungarian radio stations kept playing Wheels. I don't know if they still play it or not, I don't really listen to that station, but I first heard about it from a friend than I turned the radio there and it was really played. I know, it's not Word Forward, but it surprised me that they play Foo Fighters.

Jamilia
February 13th 2010, 01:43 PM
One of the Hungarian radio stations kept playing Wheels. I don't know if they still play it or not, I don't really listen to that station, but I first heard about it from a friend than I turned the radio there and it was really played. I know, it's not Word Forward, but it surprised me that they play Foo Fighters.
Because Wheels is more radio friendly than most of their work, I guess.

Fooze Fighter
February 13th 2010, 02:36 PM
they play it on here uncut... www.rockradiocast.com

but they're internet radio, so they can get away with it.

SlipKid815
February 13th 2010, 02:37 PM
Well they're playing Wheels because it was the single, obviously. I doubt the stations playing Word Forward have a genuine radio-edit promo, rather they've just edited it themselves.

Well, It kinda sounds like they did :p but this station doesn't really have a history of playing songs that aren't singles, plus they never got Wheels, and for the longest time, the only Foo song they had was Long Road to Ruin, It's weird. I guess I'm just wondering if it's a single or not.

SlipKid815
February 13th 2010, 03:47 PM
Wheels is the single, there are two versions, one released in UK and Australia with just Wheels on, one released in Germany and other Euro countries that had Word Forward as a b-side.

Thanks for the info, I'm not real privy to how those things work, I know Wheels is the single, which is why I was surprised to hear Word Forward on a station that doesn't usually dig very deep, but whatever happened it looks like they took it into their own hands, which is what I was wondering. Thanks :)

E. Stacked Actor
February 13th 2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the info, I'm not real privy to how those things work, I know Wheels is the single, which is why I was surprised to hear Word Forward on a station that doesn't usually dig very deep, but whatever happened it looks like they took it into their own hands, which is what I was wondering. Thanks :)

Send them a copy of your radio edit. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

pearlofangels89
February 14th 2010, 06:29 PM
Because Wheels is more radio friendly than most of their work, I guess.

Yeah...I highly doubt if they'd play Word Forward that has a word in it which doesn't fit the radio. I always smile about it, because I think, people would be "what the hell?" if they heard a "fuck" on radio. Oh man, it's ridiculous. I mean, c'mon we got used to that we hear these words every day...oh well, nevermind. Just a thought.

Jamilia
February 14th 2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah...I highly doubt if they'd play Word Forward that has a word in it which doesn't fit the radio. I always smile about it, because I think, people would be "what the hell?" if they heard a "fuck" on radio. Oh man, it's ridiculous. I mean, c'mon we got used to that we hear these words every day...oh well, nevermind. Just a thought.
Long live my radio station's lack of censorship :D