Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Fotos (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Private Life Type Fotos (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=145221)

Jill October 14th 2010 05:18 PM

Private Life Type Fotos

From the FAQ…

What can you post about? Pretty much nothing. It's not that everyone doesn't wish the guys well or that we don't care about their happiness. We here at foofighters.com love the band as much as you do. However, we need to learn to respect the fact that they are allowed to have private lives. A clarification because of recent events:

Dave and I had a discussion a few years back stemming from some over zealous fans that were posting personal stuff related to his wedding. From that point on he wanted nothing about Jordyn on the site. Is it a stretch to believe this extends to any new family members? No, it's not. In an interview situation, Dave picks and chooses what he wishes to share. Since I can't have him sitting her next to me giving me a thumbs up or thumbs down on all the wacky shit you guys say then this is how it's going to be. SO...I don't care what is in the media. He and the rest of the guys PAY for this site to be up and operational. He should not have to pay for something were people disrespect his family or make inappropriate comments related to his wife and any children he will have. I extend this same courtesy to the rest of the band members.

Threads that discuss private life type issues will be closed. Should you have any questions about this feel free to PM or e-mail a board administrator.

rob3000 October 14th 2010 08:08 PM

Re: Private Life Type Fotos

Absolutely right.

Felipe. October 14th 2010 11:04 PM

yeah, there should be a sticky thread about this, some people just can't get a clue sometimes.

also, sad that this had to be clarified, I didn't see anything happen and I'm glad I didn't because the very few times I saw it, it made me sick. they're one of the greatest bands in the world with quite a catalog of music to be apreciated, why can't you just stick to that? the genuine attention deserving stuff, personal life is just like you and me, relatives and routine, the stuff you know how it is already.

can't wait for the new album and I think I'll keep repeating this until the day I have it in my hands. :D

jbzgrl30 October 14th 2010 11:28 PM

Well Said....

Jill October 15th 2010 05:56 AM

Nothing happened recently but I was scanning the site and thought it needed to be stated regularly in Fotos because there are a lot of pictures of Dave's family available on the internet and I just wanted to sure people couldn't say they weren't warned.

So, you've been warned. :)

pjonze October 15th 2010 07:51 AM

I know you can't really differentiate, but Dave & his wife have posed for the press on red carpets multiple times so I can understand that those kind of pics make their way here occasionally.
He's never done that with his kids though (despite turning up to events like Milk&Bookies where he could have) so the only family pics that exist are creepy paparazzi shots. I can't understand people wanting to see those, let alone posting them.

RichT October 18th 2010 08:52 AM

yup gotta respect this

Wokki The Lion November 14th 2010 07:14 PM

Crystal Clear

flash video player December 9th 2010 04:42 AM

I think it is true.

bostonkid February 8th 2011 08:53 PM

Besides, Dave shares or allows to be shared more about his private life with us in interviews than a lot of celebs and rockstars.. With his great sense of humor we always get little dribs and drabs of his "outside the band" life in jokes and stories. Sometimes I even find myself saying "TMI Dave!" He's such a normal dude I'm shocked people even find stuff to post..
That does create a fine line. But we should respect his right to a private life.

Herrman TheGerman July 26th 2011 07:49 PM

Great :o

alone&ezetrgt79 September 18th 2011 09:30 PM

Just leave the guy alone. Just because he and the rest of the Foo's have made some of the best music in a generation doesn't give any body the right to trample on their personal shit.

"HOLY SHIT HALILUYA"

steveeyer September 28th 2011 10:27 AM

who cares about photos...???

Thomee January 19th 2012 03:01 PM

Well I think sometimes it is hard to reduce yourself. Of course everyone wants to know everything about your idols. But I personally think that you love your idol the most, you need to respect that he needs his free and private time!

Bigyoga April 25th 2012 11:41 AM

Do you accept video posts? I have a few videos taken from the side of the stage at the UK Milton Keynes gigs Summer 2011. If so how do you upload them?

Carlandria May 10th 2012 01:08 PM

Well I just got verbally abused on facebook for asking people not to share photos of Dave's daughters! Apparently I'm a bitch lol oh, and a 'stalker' because I met Pat and Chris after a gig.
I may be a bitch but at least I'm a respectful one :D

The only reason someone could flip out that much is because the truth hurts....

thepie May 10th 2012 02:17 PM

whats that saying...something " I am rubber/ bounces/ sticks to you?"
anyway, it made me feel better when I was 6

Suzy Foo May 10th 2012 04:29 PM

I'm wondering where the photo of Dave's wedding that is currently on FB came from aswell!?

foostar July 22nd 2012 09:23 PM

I just came across a website that had a few new recent gifs/pics of Dave & his daughters, and it looks like they're from a movie or a video or something? anyone know anything about this? it's not Back & Forth. the pics are much more recent, and the gifs show Dave with his daughters while he packs and they get ready for bed. :confused: just wanna know where the pics might have came from, or if there's a new Foo documentary I was unaware of.

matineeidyll July 23rd 2012 05:25 AM

They would probably be from the official These Days video.