Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   FooFighters.com (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   PM notifications (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=168640)

geo. October 12th 2015 05:20 AM

PM notifications

I've missed a bunch of PMs recently because I haven't been getting email notifications like I used to, and there's no immediately visible inbox link on the mobile site and I'm shit at checking - mostly because I expected to get emails.

I checked my settings and email notifs is ticked. Checked my junk mail/spam - nothin'.

What's up with that guys?

Simon October 12th 2015 09:58 AM

Re: PM notifications

I'll take a look into it.

Simon October 14th 2015 01:27 PM

Checked into it, seems the mail server had somehow been turned off and mis-configured. This meant no emails were being sent from/to the board at all.

I've turned it back on and properly configured it again, so mail should now be sent as usual. The email I sent with the diagnostics test was delivered, so everything else should be as well, but please report back if issues persist.

Thanks for reporting this, Geo. :)

Simon October 15th 2015 12:43 PM

Everything does indeed seem to be working correctly again. Sorry for any inconvenience folks. :)

Jill October 16th 2015 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4082867)
Checked into it, seems the mail server had somehow been turned off and mis-configured. This meant no emails were being sent from/to the board at all.

I've turned it back on and properly configured it again, so mail should now be sent as usual. The email I sent with the diagnostics test was delivered, so everything else should be as well, but please report back if issues persist.

Thanks for reporting this, Geo. :)

I was wondering why I wasn't getting emails. Wishful thinking it was because people hit the picture. lol

Simon October 18th 2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 4083199)
I was wondering why I wasn't getting emails. Wishful thinking it was because people hit the picture. lol

I got the best one at my site today, someone genuinely applying to be a member of the band. An evil man might call the number provided and have some fun but.....:p

aprilshack October 18th 2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4083482)
I got the best one at my site today, someone genuinely applying to be a member of the band. An evil man might call the number provided and have some fun but.....:p

Do it for gods sake!!! :p

Simon October 18th 2015 10:45 AM

I'm not an evil man. Plus my American accent isn't really up to scratch. :(

aprilshack October 18th 2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4083485)
I'm not an evil man. Plus my American accent isn't really up to scratch. :(

I am disappointed in your lack of evil Simon!

**foo fairy pheebs** October 18th 2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4083482)

Oh please post it anonymously

wol October 18th 2015 08:36 PM

Wow, I only received my first ever email notification today! How cool is that!

Also Si, please tell us more about this application.

geo. October 18th 2015 11:14 PM

How does one apply to join a band that already has more members then it needs? Please do share, Simon!

nuraman00 October 22nd 2015 04:54 AM

Notifications are working for me now too, thanks.