Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Parade/Second Line in NOLA?? (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=173975)

jrocket44 October 15th 2018 06:15 AM

Parade/Second Line in NOLA??

A friend of mine told me Foo Fighters were leading a Parade or a "Second Line" in the French Quarter on Thursday Feb 14, the day before the 2/15 and 2/16 shows at the Fillmore in Harrahs. My flight arrangements will depend on whether this is happening and when. Has anyone heard or read anything official (or unofficial) regarding this?
Thanks!

Poppy4580 October 15th 2018 01:04 PM

Re: Parade/Second Line in NOLA??

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrocket44 (Post 4202830)
A friend of mine told me Foo Fighters were leading a Parade or a "Second Line" in the French Quarter on Thursday Feb 14, the day before the 2/15 and 2/16 shows at the Fillmore in Harrahs. My flight arrangements will depend on whether this is happening and when. Has anyone heard or read anything official (or unofficial) regarding this?
Thanks!

I have heard the same thing and I thought I might even have read it somewhere but can’t actually find anything confirming it.

I’m flying in on Wednesday regardless ....the parade will be fun with or without them.

offbeatblink October 15th 2018 09:12 PM

Hmm. Good thing I haven't booked flights yet. Are second lines on a Thursday common?

ChrisinMs October 15th 2018 10:47 PM

2nd lines can happen anytime and anywhere

Jayrob96 October 24th 2018 07:53 PM

I received a email concerning Signature memberships at the Filmore. If you join by Feb 15 : ANY MEMBERS WHO PURCHASE TICKETS TO FOO FIGHTERS WILL BE ENTERED INTO A RAFFLE THAT WILL ALLOW THEM TO RIDE ON A FLOAT IN THE PARADE TAKING PLACE FEBRUARY 14TH. FOO FIGHTERS WILL BE LEADING THE PARADE!

So... there seems to be a parade happening Feb. 14. My question would be where and what time??

Disbet October 24th 2018 09:19 PM

I've heard it's happening too, so getting into town Wed night.

matineeidyll October 24th 2018 11:24 PM

If you join by Feb 15 yet the parade is the day before?

matineeidyll October 25th 2018 01:47 AM

Signature membership is a HOB thing and costs $3,200 per year. Oochie.

jrocket44 October 26th 2018 04:53 PM

So, I engaged in a brief online conversation with the venue. They were vague on details but confirmed the Second Line on 2/14. My research tells me most weekday Second Lines are in the evening. We fly in on 2/14 at 2:30...STRAIGHT to the French Quarter for us! Look for the weirdos chasing the parade with their luggage in hand!!

kathyp1637 October 27th 2018 01:49 AM

Thanks for the info! Flying in Thurs early...

Jayrob96 October 27th 2018 02:57 PM

Sorry.... the email actually said..

Join by February 15th to get your name on the Founding member plaque—make sure everyone knows this is your club.

ANY MEMBERS WHO PURCHASE TICKETS TO FOO FIGHTERS WILL BE ENTERED INTO A RAFFLE THAT WILL ALLOW THEM TO RIDE ON A FLOAT IN THE PARADE TAKING PLACE FEBRUARY 14TH. FOO FIGHTERS WILL BE LEADING THE PARADE!

(copied and pasted this.)

matineeidyll October 27th 2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayrob96 (Post 4203523)
Sorry.... the email actually said..

Join by February 15th to get your name on the Founding member plaque—make sure everyone knows this is your club.

ANY MEMBERS WHO PURCHASE TICKETS TO FOO FIGHTERS WILL BE ENTERED INTO A RAFFLE THAT WILL ALLOW THEM TO RIDE ON A FLOAT IN THE PARADE TAKING PLACE FEBRUARY 14TH. FOO FIGHTERS WILL BE LEADING THE PARADE!

(copied and pasted this.)

Is this from House of Blues and the membership refers to them/their chain?

Jayrob96 October 28th 2018 06:13 PM

The Fillmore New Orleans grand opening lineup is outstanding!

February 15 and 16 Foo Fighters

February 19 Duran Duran

February 21 Blackberry Smoke

February 22 Gucci Mane (21 and over)

February 25 Cypress Hill and Hollywood Undead

February 27 Willie Nelson

February 28 Dan + Shay

March 1 Dropkick Murphys

March 4 Steel Panther

March 15 and 16 The Avett Brothers

March 19 Nothing More & Of Mice and Men

March 29 Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit

April 5 and 6 STS9

April 19 Chevelle

April 26 and 27 Disco Biscuits

May 10 Garbage

The Fillmore Premium membership is $3,000 and comes with $3,000 worth of VIP tickets with VIP reserved seating to shows of your choice.

The Signature Premium membership is $5,000 comes with all of the benefits of House of Blues Foundation Room Signature membership plus $1,500 in Fillmore VIP tickets with VIP reserved seating to shows of your choice.

A VIP Ticket Bank with premium, reserved seating
Exclusive VIP happy hour prior to doors in BG’s VIP lounge
Reentry privileges prior to the main act performance
In-seat wait service
Food and beverage discount throughout the venue

From the service you deserve, to the guests you impress, we are always looking to improve our offerings to make this membership rock! If you’re ready to get your ticket to all the winning shows in town, join today.

Here’s a couple of reasons to act sooner rather than later!

Here’s a peak into VIP membership in New Orleans: Foundation Room VIP Club New Orleans

Sneak peak of The Fillmore New Orleans: http://www.fillmorenola.com/vipspotlight

Can I reach out to you later today or tomorrow to discuss any questions you may have about the Fillmore membership?

Thank you!

Rachel

Learn more about Foundation Room VIP Club! HERE

Check out Artists coming to House of Blues Houston! HERE

Rachel Burton |Director of VIP Services

Foundation Room VIP Club

Email: rachelburton@livenation.com

C: (281)851-9901

Foundation Room VIP Club - Event Calendar | House of Blues Houston - Event Calendar

FRHouston HOB Ent Logo

Jayrob96 October 28th 2018 06:14 PM

I just posted the entire email I got from the Filmore

Jayrob96 December 29th 2018 07:37 PM

Valentine's Day Parade - Fillmore Grand Opening!
Join us on Valentine’s Day eve in The Fillmore’s Grand Opening Parade! This 5 float, 30 minute long parade in the French Quarter is themed “Broken Hearts Social Aid & Pleasure Club” and the Foo Fighters are serving as Grand Marshalls!

Thursday, February 14, 2019 evening. Exact time and route TBA.

Debbiedew January 12th 2019 05:56 PM

Any suggestions on what time to line up for this Fillmore GA Foo Fighters show? I’m a new fan and rather short �� I know this is a new venue and looking for advice.

Disbet January 12th 2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbiedew (Post 4213774)
Any suggestions on what time to line up for this Fillmore GA Foo Fighters show? I’m a new fan and rather short �� I know this is a new venue and looking for advice.

We normally line up about 6 a.m. the morning of, and end up on the rail. I'm not sure what time the venue will let us line up though. I think they're sending out an email in the next few weeks.

Debbiedew January 13th 2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disbet (Post 4213778)
We normally line up about 6 a.m. the morning of, and end up on the rail. I'm not sure what time the venue will let us line up though. I think they're sending out an email in the next few weeks.

Thank you, Disbet!!!

ChrisinMs January 18th 2019 01:57 PM

Looks like we now have the "Kwere du Foo"

https://www.nola.com/entertainment/2...de-feb-14.html

offbeatblink January 18th 2019 03:33 PM

Thankfully we booked our arrival for Wednesday. Now gotta plan for a decent spot in the parade route. Maybe check out the after party if we can get in.