Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Lollapalooza Chicago! (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=148925)

Autumn in Sweden April 26th 2011 01:19 PM

Lollapalooza Chicago!

The official line-up for Lolla in Chicago is now up and Foo Fighters are headlining. Woot! :D

But, does anyone know which day they are performing?

I am planning my summer vacation around this, so I will see FF in both of my "homes" this year...in Stockholm and in Chicago. Yay me! :)

Tarquin April 26th 2011 01:49 PM

Re: Lollapalooza Chicago!

Which days and stage (north or south) has not been released yet...

There are a LOT of bands at the top of this list I would love to see:

Lollapalooza '11

I do not like Coldplay taking up space though...

Autumn in Sweden April 26th 2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeyT (Post 3494512)
I do not like Coldplay taking up space though...

Word.

Though I have seen them once as a favour to a friend that is a fan, because she couldn't convince anyone else to go with her. (Yes, I still consider her a friend despite the fact that she thinks Chris Martin is a musical genius...ugh!)

I will be there for FF and Muse, even if I have to pimp myself to afford the ticket prices :eek:

Tarquin April 26th 2011 01:59 PM

Muse live is amazing... I am also looking for A Perfect Circle, Deftones, Explosions in the Sky, Death From Above, Atmosphere, etc.

Lolla always delivers the goods...

jsho April 26th 2011 02:13 PM

I will most likely fly there for this. The one thing is the headliners will be playing against each other, so isnít it a good thing if a band like Coldplay is playing so you can go see the other band? It would almost be worse to have 6 headliners you really want to se.

Tarquin April 26th 2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsho (Post 3494529)
I will most likely fly there for this. The one thing is the headliners will be playing against each other, so isnít it a good thing if a band like Coldplay is playing so you can go see the other band? It would almost be worse to have 6 headliners you really want to se.

I work at the fest most years by the Hutchinson Field stage and a couple years back I got The Killers instead of Jane's Addiciton who were playing north at Petrillo Band Shell on the north end. I was pissed...

Autumn in Sweden April 26th 2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeyT (Post 3494543)
I work at the fest most years by the Hutchinson Field stage and a couple years back I got The Killers instead of Jane's Addiciton who were playing north at Petrillo Band Shell on the north end. I was pissed...

Are you working this year? And if so, won't you be REALLY pissed if you get Coldplay? Just sayin' :p

Totally looking forward to Muse as I have never seen them live, and I have only heard great things about their live show. It's been 11 years since I've seen FF on my hometown midwest turf since I moved to Stockholm in 2000. And this year I'm bringing my 8 year old son to Lolla, so it's excitement all around!

Btw, since you've worked there, what is your view on bringing kids? I haven't been there in recent years, so I don't know what the vibe is like anymore. Is it cool for little guys?

stevesim April 26th 2011 03:28 PM

If you click their name on the line-up page, their bio comes up. The first paragraph ends with:
Quote:

"It's a festival album because it f**king rocks!" -- and come August 7, Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear will be doing just that as they headline Sunday night at Lollapalooza 2011.
So looks like they'll be closing out the weekend.

sandsotime2 April 26th 2011 04:04 PM

Yay!!! so happy about this and yes you can bring kids. There is plenty of space there. Of course I wouldn't bring them to the front of the stage or anything but my girlfriend brought her 4 year old and 2 year old last year and they had a great time. They even have family and kiddie type things going on on other stages. 8 is probably to big to care about those types of concerts but they make it family friendly.

Tarquin April 26th 2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn in Sweden (Post 3494606)
Are you working this year? And if so, won't you be REALLY pissed if you get Coldplay? Just sayin' :p

Totally looking forward to Muse as I have never seen them live, and I have only heard great things about their live show. It's been 11 years since I've seen FF on my hometown midwest turf since I moved to Stockholm in 2000. And this year I'm bringing my 8 year old son to Lolla, so it's excitement all around!

Btw, since you've worked there, what is your view on bringing kids? I haven't been there in recent years, so I don't know what the vibe is like anymore. Is it cool for little guys?

I am not working this year due to other work commitments that weekend... At least I know that I won't miss Foo Fighters then instead of it being a coin flip.

Muse is really amazing live... Knowing my luck, it will be the same night as FF! :P Probably not, although I hope I don't have to make a choice between APC and Muse. That would be a tough one. I would have zero problem skipping Eminem.

There are lots and lots of people who bring their kids... There is actually a kids' section during the day that is musically geared for them. A friend brought his 12-year-old to catch Soundgarden last year and he had a blast. I would say you should have no problem bringing your little guy.

Tarquin April 26th 2011 04:29 PM

Okay Sunday night then!

Danman5 April 26th 2011 04:33 PM

I have a few high hopes for Foo Fighters at Lolla this year...

1) I have this strange feeling thak krist is gonna join them onstage for i should have known which would make my life

2) It would be awesome if Cee Lo did Darling Nikki since hes playing lolla

3) I HOPE they do some sort of after party or secret show during lollapalooza at a small club in Chicago, similar to Pearl Jam playing The Vic theater the day before they headlined.

4) This one wouldnt be as epic as the first 3 but it would be cool if deadmau5 played the rope remix during his set

Tarquin April 26th 2011 04:37 PM

After shows are pretty infamous for cool bands... TCV debut show was a late-night show at the Metro in '09. KILLING myself over missing that!

Autumn in Sweden April 26th 2011 04:48 PM

Thanks guys and gals for your feedback about the kids question. I really appreciate it. Also, thanks for pointing out the date.

My son wants to see both FF and Muse, and so it will be! He was bummed when we told him that he wasn't allowed to see FF here in Stockholm. They are hardcore here about not letting children under the age of 13 into shows due to the sound level. Even with parental consent and supervision, there is a big risk that they will turn you away at the door, and that is a risk I am not willing to take.

Thanks again! Roll on summer 2011!!!!

Autumn in Sweden April 26th 2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeyT (Post 3494719)
After shows are pretty infamous for cool bands... TCV debut show was a late-night show at the Metro in '09. KILLING myself over missing that!

Me, too!!!! We were in Chicago that summer, and we left exactly one week before that gig.

I saw them last summer at Roskilde Festival though, and I was on the rail between JPJ and Josh with a perfect view of Dave. Awesome! But I swore that was the last time I'd be on the rail, because I'm just getting too old for that shit. :cool:

Two Fives April 26th 2011 06:30 PM

Post Lolla TCV show was great, but think they sounded better on their return to Chicago at the Aragon. It was real cool to see Dave on the same stage almost 20 years later....Nirvana @ Metro Oct 91. I did get a piece of his drum that show forever ago!

If you want to meet up with some Chicago Swedes, my wife and I will be happy to accommodate. She has many relatives there and we have visited your wonderful country many times!

Autumn in Sweden April 26th 2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Fives (Post 3494823)
If you want to meet up with some Chicago Swedes, my wife and I will be happy to accommodate. She has many relatives there and we have visited your wonderful country many times!

Thanks Two Fives! I'm the American ex-pat (born and raised in the Chicago burbs) living in Stockholm, and my partner, he is the Swede, and the reason I moved here. It's funny when you say "your" country, because I do consider both Sweden and the US as "my" countries. I've been here over a decade, and my son and I are both dual citizens, so we're a hybrid family.

If you're going to Lolla, maybe a bunch of us could meet up somewhere. I would like to meet sandsoftime2, since she and I have corresponded on here before. And anyone else from the post board that is game to meet up!

offbeatblink April 26th 2011 10:57 PM

This will be my 5th year going to Lolla and I couldn't think of any better way to celebrate it than having the Foo Fighters close out the festival. Can't believe it took this long to get Dave here (not counting the TCV debut). Hopefully we'll get that club after show.

AfterShock April 27th 2011 12:45 AM

Hell yeah! See you guys there!!

AyannaD April 27th 2011 03:59 AM

I'm thrilled that they are headlining on Sunday. It will be a great festival closer and a terrific end my weekend before flying home. I'm looking forward to it.