Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=167018)

YoungstownFoo April 15th 2015 03:02 AM

Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Rumor has it, he will be playing in his hometown of Niles, Ohio for RSD. The owner of that record store has been posting all day about it, suppose to make the announcement of what "band" he is talking about tomorrow morning. I will keep you all posted.

YoungstownFoo April 15th 2015 03:05 AM

RSD possible live show
 
I live close to where Dave was born (Warren, OH) and the local record store in Niles, OH has been talking about a special band coming to play on Saturday. Rumor has it it's the Foo since they will be in Cleveland that night. I will keep you posted, as the official announcement is tomorrow morning.

matineeidyll April 15th 2015 02:04 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungstownFoo (Post 4041610)
Rumor has it, he will be playing in his hometown of Niles, Ohio for RSD. The owner of that record store has been posting all day about it, suppose to make the announcement of what "band" he is talking about tomorrow morning. I will keep you all posted.

Yup.

jnine13 April 15th 2015 02:10 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
I'm so bummed. I'm going to be in Cleveland this weekend, which is a short drive away, but you can't get tickets unless you preorder the album, in person, at The Record Connection tomorrow, which I can't do. :(

Simon April 15th 2015 02:14 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
150 people only, going to be very exclusive.

Do we think they'll bust out any of the new tracks on the EP?

jnine13 April 15th 2015 02:22 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
I doubt it, From that RS article, Dave sounded like he didn't even know those versions.

Simon April 15th 2015 02:30 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnine13 (Post 4041667)
I doubt it, From that RS article, Dave sounded like he didn't even know those versions.

Yeah but I guess they could easily have learnt them, Kids In America and Empty Handed I mean. I do still doubt it as well though, they didn't do anything from Medium Rare in 2011, although that was right after WL came out so they did that in full instead.

The Return of Brad Nut April 15th 2015 02:37 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Well the Owner leaked it 2 days ago over the phone to me. :lol: Doesn't even know how to use voicemail.

The Return of Brad Nut April 15th 2015 02:38 PM

Re: RSD possible live show
 
Yeah its true.

Emily April 15th 2015 02:40 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
dangit im 6.5 hrs away. Would be cool to see them Sat for that!

Emily April 15th 2015 04:02 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Very cool they are doing this!

YoungstownFoo April 15th 2015 05:27 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Emily, there are already 20 plus people camping out… I might have to after work tonight...

The Return of Brad Nut April 15th 2015 06:16 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
We know the first 2 people in line. They were on my mailing list. I would have gone if I could see out of both eyes. I got 1 eye and the other it's recovering. I would be coaching high school baseball but not make it anyway. I'm surprised no one else figured it out or did research that I did. Second Foo Newsletter if you clicked the link and zoomed in... It was close to the record store but it was a good hint and the Facebook page of the record connection hinted 10 days ago of an announcement. Then Monday night the owner gave it away on the phone.

YoungstownFoo April 15th 2015 06:19 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Return of Brad Nut (Post 4041735)
We know the first 2 people in line. They were on my mailing list. I would have gone if I could see out of both eyes. I got 1 eye and the other it's recovering. I would be coaching high school baseball but not make it anyway. I'm surprised no one else figured it out or did research that I did. Second Foo Newsletter if you clicked the link and zoomed in... It was close to the record store but it was a good hint and the Facebook page of the record connection hinted 10 days ago of an announcement. Then Monday night the owner gave it away on the phone.


Figured it was going to be FF when Record Connection announced it on their FB. But wasn't for sure. Might go super early tomorrow and camp out, hopefully get one of the last tickets…

I write for a couple of the local media outlets, was in contact with FF's publicist, but she said in all likely hood they will not be giving out any media passes.

SlipKid815 April 15th 2015 06:52 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
That gig poster is awesome, and I want it despite the big ol' grammatical error.

Footard April 15th 2015 07:33 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
So, uh... has anyone actually seen the line with their eyes? Really wanna try to make it there tonight but I know tonight is probably gonna be too late. Would have to leave around 10ish and it's a 3 hour drive.

hsejackblt April 15th 2015 09:47 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
About 45 people in line now. Got here at 4:00PM and was #25.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footard (Post 4041754)
So, uh... has anyone actually seen the line with their eyes? Really wanna try to make it there tonight but I know tonight is probably gonna be too late. Would have to leave around 10ish and it's a 3 hour drive.


Footard April 15th 2015 10:02 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
jackbit, please keep me updated and let me know if it reaches 150 before tonight. I would really appreciate it!

ddeepbblue April 15th 2015 10:23 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
BEST OF LUCK to you all that are in the vicinity, or close enough to get to NILES! What an epic event! Looking forward to photos and videos! And reports!

YoungstownFoo April 15th 2015 11:01 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hsejackblt (Post 4041769)
About 45 people in line now. Got here at 4:00PM and was #25.

Thank you! I might not make it there until around 4 am or so. please keep us updated. my friend is there now and said around 50-75 are there?

hsejackblt April 15th 2015 11:26 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
75 sounds about right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungstownFoo (Post 4041780)
Thank you! I might not make it there until around 4 am or so. please keep us updated. my friend is there now and said around 50-75 are there?


Footard April 15th 2015 11:31 PM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Gonna be leaving at around 8, I hope that I make it in time to be part of the 150!

YoungstownFoo April 16th 2015 01:29 AM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
I got there around 830 and was number 90… I believe it's at around 115 right now...

ddeepbblue April 16th 2015 05:18 AM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
There are now 150 in line. With a waiting list line behind it. A friend of mine made it in time and is #150.

The band bought the fans KFC dinner, and have provided a port-a-potty.

FooZealand April 16th 2015 07:41 AM

Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ddeepbblue (Post 4041809)
The band bought the fans KFC dinner, and have provided a port-a-potty.

Fuck me that's pure class :D

DonnaInVA April 16th 2015 02:01 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Heather, Apple and Morgan are first in line
Heather's on tv
she's famous!:lol:

O.B.gene April 16th 2015 02:20 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaInVA (Post 4041845)
Heather, Apple and Morgan are first in line
Heather's on tv
she's famous!:lol:

oh how funny :rolleyes: :p :cool:

Ginger Ninja April 17th 2015 11:20 AM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Yeah, no... seriously, some reporter showed up at 4:30 am Thursday morning. I hadn't even considered the fact that they'd be showing up THAT early. But, it's a huge deal for the community!

At least 1/3 of the people on Saturday have never seen them before (but are giant fans). I'm so excited for them!! They will be ruined for life. It's so cool they the band is doing this little show.

Fire code on the room is 175; 150 tickets. The room is tiny so 175 will be packed like sardines!

Simon April 17th 2015 11:24 AM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
I hope someone records it, I've a feeling it's going to be something a little different than just the hits.

Ginger Ninja April 17th 2015 12:18 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Simon, I'm hoping so too but deeper cuts may be lost on this crowd. On the other hand, this is the perfect place to play those deep cuts.

I hope the windows survive! It's going to be so f'ing loud.

On Wednesday, I grabbed a quick workout at the little gym in the same shopping plaza as the Record Connection. I didn't have my headphones so I was working out without music (which SUCKS). Anyway, these two younger meatheads (one guy, one girl) were talking. They were "WHO WOULD DO STAND IN LINE?? Did you hear that they are spending the night?? Who does that? It would have to be for, like the BEST CONCERT."

I let them keep talking as I ran 3 miles then did a 5 minute plank in front of them. My parting shot as I walked out was "Oh, by the way, I am one of those people. And yeah, it will be the best show." I had on my best "you idiots" face. I smiled and kept walking.

Simon April 17th 2015 01:08 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
I dunno, I just get the feeling with that setting, things could get loose. Maybe nothing full on crazy, but little jams, parts of rare songs, stuff like that. They did a crazy little in-store in a similarly small Massachusetts store years ago and played a ton of jams including A320 and did Gimme Stitches in full. You never know.

BigCol April 17th 2015 01:09 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Have fun Heather! I am living through you via Instagram for this!

SomethingForKate April 17th 2015 01:14 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
They should probably have done wristbands to prevent people sleeping outside for days - made people put them on at the time and given folks numbers to prevent people queuing outside for days. That's what they do at Rough Trade Records - buy a record and get a wristband to get into the in-store show. Easy enough to manage with a couple hundred people.

SFK

Ginger Ninja April 17th 2015 01:26 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingForKate (Post 4042102)
They should probably have done wristbands to prevent people sleeping outside for days - made people put them on at the time and given folks numbers to prevent people queuing outside for days. That's what they do at Rough Trade Records - buy a record and get a wristband to get into the in-store show. Easy enough to manage with a couple hundred people.

SFK


THAT WAS MY IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He didn't do it which sucked.

hsejackblt April 17th 2015 11:33 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
I know the flyer says "No line ups before 9AM" but what time is everyone getting there tomorrow?

O.B.gene April 18th 2015 04:35 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
How is this not being discussed right now?!

pjonze April 18th 2015 04:39 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Just saw the Instagram post - someone has turned up with a massive sign & the place is about the size of an elevator. Could've just passed him a Post-it note.

Simon April 18th 2015 04:45 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4042312)
How is this not being discussed right now?!

Well I'd prefer the people there enjoy it in the moment rather than live tweeting and instagramming.

O.B.gene April 18th 2015 04:49 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4042316)
Well I'd prefer the people there enjoy it in the moment rather than live tweeting and instagramming.

It's quite different around here when there's small shows in the UK eh

Foo3001 April 18th 2015 04:50 PM

Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio
 
Saw this

https://instagram.com/p/1n3G9tNSEW/


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.