Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What's next? (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=169881)

O.B.gene May 11th 2016 09:37 PM

What's next?

OK this silence is killing me. Not a fan of these quiet periods between projects/albums/tours etc.

What's next? Are we thinking a new Dave Grohl project? Them Crooked Vultures? Foo Fighters back to the studio this summer? (off the back of the surprise success of the Saint Cecilia EP?!) Another Birds of Satan?

Lets discuss SOMETHING Foo related, please!!! :D :cool:

Beto May 11th 2016 09:56 PM

Re: What's next?

Dave probably hates to follow.
But how many of us would be on board for a surprise or semi-surprise album (e.g. Beyonce, Radiohead)?

I would!

Tim May 12th 2016 03:56 AM

It's less than six months since the band said "We're gonna take a little break for a while"............my money is probably on that.

aprilshack May 12th 2016 06:14 AM

I really doubt we will hear from them this year, which is fine.They need a long break.There is going to be another Dead Peasants album by the sounds of it. Dave may pop up on other peoples stuff.

Bexster May 12th 2016 08:35 AM

Sun, sea, sleep. Probably some beer.

pjonze May 12th 2016 09:47 AM

2 weeks ago Chris told Kerrang! "...with Foo Fighters we're not doing much of anything at all this year. I'm trying to do other things, like getting another Dead Peasants record together."

Stacked Actors May 12th 2016 10:55 AM

I need new SDRE. I've been waiting 7 or so years since new material was announced. NEED NEED NEED!

wicked_gravity May 13th 2016 04:00 PM

I personally love Sonic Highways, and I thought they announced that they were doing a Sonic Highways II ... is that incorrect? I was looking forward to it!

MattYoung1 May 13th 2016 06:13 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of small gigs like they did in 2014.

O.B.gene May 14th 2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicked_gravity (Post 4115895)
I personally love Sonic Highways, and I thought they announced that they were doing a Sonic Highways II ... is that incorrect? I was looking forward to it!

I don' think anything like that was announced. I think there were ideas floating around about doing UK based recording studios?...but that was probably during an interview with a British journalist and giving an answer they'd want to hear. "yea, we'd love to do Sonic Highways around the UK! sure! why not?". :rolleyes:

Citizen Eric May 16th 2016 07:09 AM

I was totally not into the Sound City project when it was going on, but I LOVED the movie, and bought the album. I wonder if Dave has another homage project up his sleeve. That would be something cool to see while Dave and the rest of the Foos recharge their batteries.

wicked_gravity May 16th 2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4115994)
I don' think anything like that was announced. I think there were ideas floating around about doing UK based recording studios?...but that was probably during an interview with a British journalist and giving an answer they'd want to hear. "yea, we'd love to do Sonic Highways around the UK! sure! why not?". :rolleyes:

UK would be a cool follow up, hope they're still thinking about it.

mjgm84 May 16th 2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicked_gravity (Post 4115895)

Hell yeah, Sonic Highways was an amazing album. The songs were so much more advanced than what they had done before, more technical and clever. It was nice to have something a bit different from the norm. I'd be more than happy for a Sonic Highways II, but I don't think that will happen.

Disbet May 16th 2016 10:30 PM

I'm hoping for Dave drumming on another QOTSA album. Them Crooked Vultures would be awesome too.

Poppy4580 May 17th 2016 12:35 PM

Taylor told me this weekend that he is going to record something later this year or maybe early next year.

Dug May 17th 2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4116182)
Taylor told me this weekend that he is going to record something later this year or maybe early next year.

Well, La Di Da :p :thumbsup:

I look forward to something new from Taylor!

JerryTimes May 17th 2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disbet (Post 4116138)
I'm hoping for Dave drumming on another QOTSA album. Them Crooked Vultures would be awesome too.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for too. They always said there would be another Them Crooked Vultures record, and QOTSA are also on hiatus right now. I don't think they would have any reason to replace their current drummer with Dave either.

WinnebagoHalo14 May 18th 2016 12:54 AM

The dudes have earned the time off to do whatever they want and can.

I think many of us do expect a new Grohl project or three to pop up. Some minor, some massive.

I am one of those who is very excited about a new Dead Peasants LP. I love Shiflett's licks and the honky tonk thing is fun. I want to hear more original music though, which I assume the new music would be.

I sure hope they can tour a bit too.

O.B.gene May 18th 2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4116182)
Taylor told me this weekend

well.... Pat told me this morning, after making me breakfast in bed, that he's recording next week! :o

wol May 18th 2016 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4116281)
well.... Pat told me this morning, after making me breakfast in bed, that he's recording next week! :o

:lol: <3