Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why do you suppose... (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171746)

Tarquin November 22nd 2017 07:39 PM

Why do you suppose...

Foo Fighters have not incorporated any of the songs off of St. Cecilia into their setlist? I just had a listen, and it is still pretty good. Surely the title track and Neverending Sigh would translate pretty well live, and I would love to hear the latter...

I know they did (or had listed) a couple of those numbers for the Cheese and Grain gig, but they have never surfaced again. The only one that really would not seem be a live song is Iron Rooster, but the rest seem playable to me. So what do you think the reason might be for their absence?

aprilshack November 22nd 2017 08:05 PM

Re: Why do you suppose...

They soundchecked NS at the C&G & did Sean. Why they don't do more in their sets bugs me. I don't get it.

Simon November 22nd 2017 08:09 PM

Mystery to me as well. They even teased NS at gigs before it was released, they seemed really keen to play it but then nothing, bar soundchecks. :(

vyzyl November 22nd 2017 08:09 PM

I havent even thought of that but it does strike me as weird there were some really good tracks on that little EP

matineeidyll November 22nd 2017 09:58 PM

I was just posing this question the other day without realizing the anniversary was coming up, and now it's nice to see a lot of others would like the same thing! 'TNS' and 'SB' kick my arse and it's a shame they haven't been played during any shows (besides that one soundcheck). Too many screamers?

SlipKid815 November 22nd 2017 10:22 PM

I would also love to SC tracks, the title track was a fairly decent hit, wasnít it? I bet the audience would appreciate it, Dave would probably even get his nice sing-along.

Iíd love to hear any of the songs played live especially the title track and Neverending Sigh (a non-fade ending would be good), Seanís fun, too so Iím glad they played it a few times. I like that itís a song about touring with the Foo Fighters :D

FooZealand November 22nd 2017 10:55 PM

Why on earth would you want to play any of arguably the best release since TCATS live?? :lol:

Hell I'd pay full gig price to hear/watch them play just all 5 songs and walk off.

Rockhoundnz November 22nd 2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4179412)
Mystery to me as well. They even teased NS at gigs before it was released, they seemed really keen to play it but then nothing, bar soundchecks. :(

It's madness! TNS is possibly one of the best openers they've ever written, I reckon. Time to make a sign up for that at the next gig! :cool:

paid mourner November 23rd 2017 10:31 AM

Except for a couple of new songs, they are very much a 'greatest hits' band these days, so they will probably mainly play the hits when they're not playing songs off the latest record.

Disbet November 23rd 2017 10:14 PM

I would love to see SC songs incorporated. Maybe next year.

WinnebagoHalo14 November 25th 2017 11:31 PM

Valid question.
The title track, Sean and Neverending Sigh would all be so good.

Maybe, when they do another acoustic tour in 7 years we will experience Iron Rooster. :)

Concetta November 26th 2017 03:02 AM

This record was my running soundtrack this morning... I was wondering the same thing.

I'd love to hear St. Cecilia live...

Rockhoundnz November 26th 2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paid mourner (Post 4179447)
Except for a couple of new songs, they are very much a 'greatest hits' band these days, so they will probably mainly play the hits when they're not playing songs off the latest record.

TNS still gets plenty of airplay in NZ, up there with their top best of songs.