Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Chris talks about their live shows (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=172216)

smlevine88 April 17th 2018 11:20 PM

Chris talks about their live shows

http://alternativerevolution.net/chr...live-and-more/

Chris talks about changing the setlist up, what new songs are his favorite to play live and more

Johnrougeux April 18th 2018 12:49 AM

Re: Chris talks about their live shows

At first I read this: "We play four or five new songs a night, I’m guessing.” as them playing "new" songs meaning songs they haven't played in awhile....but it means songs off the new album.

would be nice if they actually played 5 different songs per night than the previous show

Lost Dog April 18th 2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smlevine88 (Post 4190697)
http://alternativerevolution.net/chr...live-and-more/

Chris talks about changing the setlist up, what new songs are his favorite to play live and more

You are plugging your blog again.......

FrenchEnemies April 18th 2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Dog (Post 4190736)

I would have preferred a direct link to the RS article, but in fairness this is relevant and hadn't been posted (that I saw), I probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

FooZealand April 18th 2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

And how many of their shows weren't live lol

smlevine88 April 19th 2018 02:46 AM

Quote:

sorry I thought it was cool if I plugged it as long as I participated in other conversations and if the news was new. I'll stop if you want me to. I just thought it was okay.

Foo3001 April 19th 2018 06:52 AM

Reading this and then checking out yesterday´s set I´m really glad I decided to skip seeing the show this summer. Sad to say it but that´s how I feel about their live performance these days.

offbeatblink April 19th 2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4190781)
Reading this and then checking out yesterday´s set I´m really glad I decided to skip seeing the show this summer. Sad to say it but that´s how I feel about their live performance these days.

Same shit, different day. I knew Chris' interview was bs. I'm still seeing them 3 times next week, but it would've been nice to look forward to some changes.

Johnrougeux April 20th 2018 10:56 AM

Seeing them twice this summer...next month is the makeup date for Lexington. Only reason we didn't get refund for tickets is that we hope they make up for cancelling the show last year at last moment, but not holding my breath.

matineeidyll April 21st 2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smlevine88 (Post 4190771)
sorry I thought it was cool if I plugged it as long as I participated in other conversations and if the news was new. I'll stop if you want me to. I just thought it was okay.

One of two short comments does not balance out the flagrant self-promotion. Before too long, it just becomes obvious.

trevgreg April 22nd 2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4190781)

Along with the usual "set list" comments, I see these claims on just about every band's message board as well. It happens. Other people will buy the tickets and go, so the world moves on.

Overall, I can't really make too much of it. Some bands play less than two hours, or less than 20 songs, etc. Unlike, say, Prince or Soundgarden fans, at least we still have a band to see live these days.

TheFaceYouAlwaysSee April 22nd 2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevgreg (Post 4190999)
Unlike, say, Prince or Soundgarden fans, at least we still have a band to see live these days.

As a die-hard Prince fan, I echo that :(

Johnson_Foo April 22nd 2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevgreg (Post 4190999)
Along with the usual "set list" comments, I see these claims on just about every band's message board as well. It happens. Other people will buy the tickets and go, so the world moves on.

Overall, I can't really make too much of it. Some bands play less than two hours, or less than 20 songs, etc. Unlike, say, Prince or Soundgarden fans, at least we still have a band to see live these days.

Yup, I post regularly on the Green Day forum and the same complaints are made (and are perfectly valid)

RHCP got their setlist RIGHT on the Getaway tour, so much variety and new songs being added all the time, the trade off was not all their hits got played each night, like I didn't hear Can't Stop but got some deep cuts, it's a compromise that suited me but I get why other bands wouldn't choose this

FrenchEnemies April 23rd 2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4191009)
Yup, I post regularly on the Green Day forum and the same complaints are made (and are perfectly valid)

RHCP got their setlist RIGHT on the Getaway tour, so much variety and new songs being added all the time, the trade off was not all their hits got played each night, like I didn't hear Can't Stop but got some deep cuts, it's a compromise that suited me but I get why other bands wouldn't choose this

that's what it is isn't it, a compromise - there's probably a RHCP ticket-buyer somewhere who was disappointed they didn't get to hear Can't Stop!

Johnson_Foo April 23rd 2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies (Post 4191014)
that's what it is isn't it, a compromise - there's probably a RHCP ticket-buyer somewhere who was disappointed they didn't get to hear Can't Stop!

Yeah exactly, we all view the setlists from a superfans lense, but for the more casual fan their setlists are great!

Johnrougeux April 29th 2018 12:25 PM

So they brought back a cover they used to do...young man blues :vom: why can’t they just play a song off their new album instead??