Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Foo Side Projects (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Them crooked vultures.. (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=165525)

juddboz80 November 9th 2014 05:30 PM

Them crooked vultures..

We need a new album please!!!! Loved the first one....anyone know of anything??

aprilshack November 9th 2014 05:46 PM

Re: Them crooked vultures..

Dave recently said nothing planned due to logistics as everybody is so busy doing their own thing.Never say never though.

LJ06 November 10th 2014 01:45 AM

JPJ said a long time ago that they had the second album ready to go, however that was all before WL so the chances of it ever seeing the light of day I think are pretty slim.

Rockhoundnz November 10th 2014 11:39 PM

Hopefully, the end of the current FF tour will give them an opportunity, but with Dave already saying he knows how they will make the next FF album, it sounds like it might be a while.

Foovana_Notts November 22nd 2014 09:15 PM

Saw them at the Royal Albert Hall in London and they were immense. I wish they would do a new album, it would be awesome. Mind you, we have had QOTSA touring the UK and now we have the Foos at Wembley Stadium which should be cool.

Go-kart Mozart November 22nd 2014 09:21 PM

Yes, this please. I feel Them Crooked Vultures was better than what both bands released since.

MasterGarrus November 24th 2014 10:05 PM

Absolutely love the first album. If they did another one I'd really hope for Dave to do more vocals on it though... a lot more.

Queen_Foo November 24th 2014 11:01 PM

Seeing them live was such an awesome experience! I'd love another album one day. :)

jrdet10 December 20th 2014 04:08 AM

I've been playing this album nonstop all week. It just feels like Josh was treating Dave like more of an equal that Kurt ever did, or could. But I wonder why we didn't see more of Josh on the HBO series?

Skezz December 20th 2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdet10 (Post 4018718)
I've been playing this album nonstop all week. It just feels like Josh was treating Dave like more of an equal that Kurt ever did, or could. But I wonder why we didn't see more of Josh on the HBO series?

He was out touring the world with QOTSA.

Kevthedrummer April 1st 2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterGarrus (Post 4010434)
Absolutely love the first album. If they did another one I'd really hope for Dave to do more vocals on it though... a lot more.

I disagree. It was better that he could focus more on the drumming. Give his voice a break. It's not been holding up too well recently.

jrdet10 April 6th 2015 03:47 PM

Dave is sort of everywhere these days and I assume there would be screaming, which in all honesty gets old for me after a while. I find Josh's voice pleasantly quirky. Don't know if I'd want them to try to harmonize, though...

lharris92 April 7th 2015 06:05 PM

the TCV store is back up, if that means anything

Kevthedrummer April 8th 2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharris92 (Post 4040432)
the TCV store is back up, if that means anything

I certainly hope it means something! I mean why else would they open the store?

I remember talk back when the first album came out that they were making a second one, so maybe it's a case of just finishing what they started and getting it released? I know JPJ wasn't fond of touring so maybe they won't play live as much?

Rockhoundnz April 10th 2015 03:39 PM

These guys could be recording right now. It looks like none of them have any gigs on until the Foos play again in mid-May.

Skezz April 11th 2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockhoundnz (Post 4040882)
These guys could be recording right now. It looks like none of them have any gigs on until the Foos play again in mid-May.

John is not on your with Seasick Steve this time it would seem.
Queens said they would be recording the follow up to …like clockwork sooner rather than later. Mini Mansions did just release an album though so Mikey might be touring that. Dean might be going out on tour with The Dead Weather. Which would free up Josh. Dave has some downtime at the minute. It could be happening.

Bexster April 11th 2015 05:19 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere that Queens' plans to record a new record straight away were put on hold.

Skezz April 11th 2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bexster (Post 4041122)
I'm sure I read somewhere that Queens' plans to record a new record straight away were put on hold.

Why?

Bexster April 12th 2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skezz (Post 4041141)
Why?

Just needed a break from the sounds of it.

Kevthedrummer April 13th 2015 01:05 PM

I like this vibe