Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Foo Side Projects (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Them Crooked Vultures... (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=137130)

Sardo Numspa July 31st 2009 10:33 PM

Them Crooked Vultures...

?... apparently this is the name of the band Dave, Josh and JPJ are going to be going under the name of...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=124540

Sorry if its been posted already. I've had a few but I've not seen it on here... I came across it looking for who the special guests were gonna be at Sonisphere on Sunday but its not them sadly. Apparently that's gonna be Machine Head - the idiots who pulled out ion the first place after throwing a hissy fit! Whopeee (sarcasm)

O.B.gene July 31st 2009 10:44 PM

Re: The Crooked Vultures...

whoooo!!! :D

lostinsolitude July 31st 2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Apparently that's gonna be Machine Head - the idiots who pulled out ion the first place after throwing a hissy fit! Whopeee (sarcasm)

Dude, Machine Head backed out because the guitar played passed out during Halo. The dude's got a medical condition and still wants to tour as much as they do, and the band still wants him in because he's like family to them, so I'd say shut the fuck up about them canceling. They tour their fuckin asses off and they're one of the most respected bands out there.

As much as I love FF, and anything Dave does basically, the idea that MH are going to get bumped for a band that got a name about 12 hours ago is insane.

So either know what you're talking about or keep that shit to yourself.

awesome August 1st 2009 12:48 AM

cool, sounds like something josh would pick

Tim August 1st 2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostinsolitude (Post 3160136)
Dude, Machine Head backed out because the guitar played passed out during Halo. The dude's got a medical condition and still wants to tour as much as they do, and the band still wants him in because he's like family to them, so I'd say shut the fuck up about them canceling. They tour their fuckin asses off and they're one of the most respected bands out there.

As much as I love FF, and anything Dave does basically, the idea that MH are going to get bumped for a band that got a name about 12 hours ago is insane.

whoa dude...

calm the eff down

Dr Nick Riviera August 1st 2009 08:13 AM

yeppididdleydooo

lostinsolitude August 1st 2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tym (Post 3160258)
whoa dude...

calm the eff down

It was a quick stab at a band that is far from deserving of it. They bust their ass to tour, their guitar player has a medical condition and this dude calls it a hissy fit. Of course I'm gonna defend a band that's been though enough shit to break up most other groups out there.

Lara August 1st 2009 08:17 AM

Thanks for that.

Dr Nick Riviera August 1st 2009 08:18 AM

http://themcrookedvultures.com/

Could we be on to something here?

I found this it the html for the page

Quote:

<meta name="keywords" content="Them,Crooked,Vultures,Dave,Grohl,Josh,Hom me,John,Paul,Jones" />
http://twitter.com/crookedvultures
http://www.myspace.com/themcrookedvultures
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Them-C...s/142326228168

Sardo Numspa August 1st 2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostinsolitude (Post 3160136)

Oh, that's funny. MH pulled long before Demmel passed out a week ago. Considering this is a band you seem to support, you don't know much about them. Cue more sarcasm :rolleyes:

And yes, I'd rather have a band that's just created their name and involves some great talent rather than seeing this band again. Seen them enough times already and not through choice..

lostinsolitude August 1st 2009 09:07 AM

Then I misspoke, and I concede the high ground.

MH have been touring for two years extensively behind The Blackening and after awhile you begin to lose interest in whatever show they're playing in continuation of the tour cycle.
But their "hissy fit" was because they were billed to go on before Limp Bizkit, who I imagine everyone in this forum will say is not a band anyone should have to go on before at this point, and saw it as disrespect to a band that has in fact earned their right to play with bands like Metallica and Heaven & Hell.

I thought your "hissy fit" meant Phil passing out, which I thought was fucked up and bush league, but I understand what you were referring to now, so, you know, sorry.

Having said that I've seen Machine Head live and they put on one of the best shows in the business. They play hard, they play fast, and Robert Flynn knows how to get the crowd into the show. They carved their place by touring constantly and before 2006, only canceled one show in their history, and have also made three of the most acclaimed metal albums in the past twenty years.

O.B.gene August 1st 2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera (Post 3160263)

Deserve The Future

amanda 24 August 1st 2009 05:12 PM

i can't wait for more.....

the crooked vultures. sounds pretty awesome to me. now, let's release a single!

Josh August 1st 2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostinsolitude (Post 3160265)

MH have been touring for two years extensively behind The Blackening and after awhile you begin to lose interest in whatever show they're playing in continuation of the tour cycle.
But their "hissy fit" was because they were billed to go on before Limp Bizkit, who I imagine everyone in this forum will say is not a band anyone should have to go on before at this point, and saw it as disrespect to a band that has in fact earned their right to play with bands like Metallica and Heaven & Hell.

I thought your "hissy fit" meant Phil passing out, which I thought was fucked up and bush league, but I understand what you were referring to now, so, you know, sorry.

Having said that I've seen Machine Head live and they put on one of the best shows in the business. They play hard, they play fast, and Robert Flynn knows how to get the crowd into the show. They carved their place by touring constantly and before 2006, only canceled one show in their history, and have also made three of the most acclaimed metal albums in the past twenty years.

I'm glad you like this band, but dude, it sounds like you're the one having a hissy fit here.

I'm a fan of them aswell, but there is no need for the little press release you wrote at the end, just because you like them, their albums and live shows, doesn't mean they are, or could be everyone else's cup of tea.

Lots of bands tour alot, it's their job, and it's what they get paid large sums of money for. Touring for two years straight is nothing new.

From a business point of you, which is what festivals are, part of the music business, Limp Bizkit are probably a more bankable band to sell tickets right now, look at the Arctic Monkeys headlining Reading for instance alongside Radiohead, they only have two albums out, but no one is suprised because of how popular they are amongst certain people.

But yeah, Them Crooked Vultures is a great name, and I look forward to hearing ANYTHING from them :) Hopefully Jesse's slip will push some info out now the cats out of the bag.

Drummer159 August 1st 2009 06:09 PM

They just posted a message on facebook, just a link to their website but its good to see that they are getting out there. Cant wait to hear their music

Jill August 1st 2009 06:12 PM

If I hear about anything OTHER than The Crooked Vultures in this thread again, you fuckers are going to have an upleasant Foo Fighters board experience.

No fucking drama in this thread. Be excited about this dammit!

Hugs and kisses,
Jill

Peter August 1st 2009 06:17 PM

Man.. I sooooo wanna hear this!!!

Josh August 1st 2009 06:21 PM

I'm loving the creepy bearded guy with the vulture (hat?) on the homepage! very cool

awesome August 1st 2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshizzleX6661 (Post 3160357)
I'm loving the creepy bearded guy with the vulture (hat?) on the homepage! very cool

ooh thats what it is...lol

Foofranky August 1st 2009 07:08 PM

at last, we get a name! i was excited before, but now it seems like so much more than just some 'will it, won't it' kind of rumour. makes me all tingly in my pants thinking about how it'll sound lol. can't wait!

Sardo Numspa August 1st 2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostinsolitude (Post 3160265)

No worries dude. Don't worry about it :)

EllyPirelly August 1st 2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera (Post 3160263)

Wow.
Funny name.

Skezz August 1st 2009 09:32 PM

If they tour I'm going

craigb05 August 1st 2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshizzleX6661 (Post 3160357)

It is gnarly!

Foo's Addiction August 1st 2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skezz (Post 3160423)
If they tour I'm going

I bloody hope they tour it, it will be beyond amazing !:D

della111 August 2nd 2009 01:02 AM

Re: Them Crooked Vultures...

:d

Eline6 August 2nd 2009 11:15 AM

Cool dessertvibe name, this is gonna be great

Dr Nick Riviera August 2nd 2009 11:22 AM

Which of these are the real one???

http://www.myspace.com/crookedvultures

http://www.myspace.com/themcrookedvultures

geo. August 2nd 2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera (Post 3160600)
Which of these are the real one???

http://www.myspace.com/crookedvultures

This is the one linked from themcrookedvultures.com, so if the website is real, the myspace is real.

Skezz August 2nd 2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory Grace (Post 3160603)
This is the one linked from themcrookedvultures.com, so if the website is real, the myspace is real.

However the other one has theory as a friend and he's the guy who created the website. Odd :confused:

A Little Frayed August 2nd 2009 05:05 PM

It's on wikipedia too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Them_Crooked_Vultures

Also-Official website:

http://www.themcrookedvultures.com/

Dare I enter?:eek:

Eve August 2nd 2009 06:13 PM

Hmmm, interesting name....and they're everywhere now! :eek:

Davey Grohlton August 2nd 2009 07:59 PM

whos on vox??

della111 August 2nd 2009 08:49 PM

Josh

F'jo August 2nd 2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by della111 (Post 3160864)
Josh

sure?

Simon August 2nd 2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F'jo (Post 3160874)
sure?

I don't think it's been officially confirmed, but it seems logical, because Dave isn't going to do lead vocals from the kit, and JPJ doesn't do lead vocals.

della111 August 2nd 2009 09:15 PM

It says on the Wiki page.. thats where i got it from

della111 August 2nd 2009 09:16 PM

infact it doenst hah. sorry. he's on guitars. my mistake

F'jo August 2nd 2009 09:18 PM

seems logical, heard rumours of them trying to get mike patton to record something? dunno if that was this or desert sessions?

Josh seems logical, but wouldn't be surprised if there was guests or a turn of vocals throughout an album

della111 August 2nd 2009 09:27 PM

Not to worry, lets just try and wait and see!