Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Boston tomorrow? (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=153541)

amglory November 15th 2011 01:09 PM

Boston tomorrow?

This is my 1st FF show. I can't explain how excited I am. A lot of that has to do with you all, I know a little of what to expect and I'm wound up. My son and I are sitting in sec 21 row 4, seat 6 and row 5. We can't sit together which is a good thing since I'll probably embarrass him.

So who is going and does anyone wanna meet up?

Christi

BMorris111 November 15th 2011 09:56 PM

Re: Boston tomorrow?

Christi - Couldn't let your message go without a reply, this being your first FF show. You're in for the most fun you can have in 3 hours without having sex!!! Get ready to rock! You won't have any trouble meeting people. Plan on going to one of the local bars beforehand (if your son is old enough) and they'll be plenty of us there. I love that part of the concert experience. At the show we'll be in the first row of the balcony (329) hanging right over the stage. Hope I don't have to "Learn to Fly" if I jump to high. I tend to lose control at a FF show. Hell, I'm jumping out of my skin now!!! I think I need a beer already.

Have fun,
Brian

AyannaD November 16th 2011 03:02 AM

I'll be there in Club seats. I just realized the start time is 7:00, so we'll have to leave work at 4:30 to get something to eat and walk over.

Have fun everyone!

LJ06 November 16th 2011 03:40 AM

start time is 7 but the foos don't go until 9. although ive been hearing the joy formidable is an act you don't want to miss.

GodzillaIsMyPet November 16th 2011 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amglory (Post 3630109)
This is my 1st FF show. I can't explain how excited I am. A lot of that has to do with you all, I know a little of what to expect and I'm wound up. My son and I are sitting in sec 21 row 4, seat 6 and row 5. We can't sit together which is a good thing since I'll probably embarrass him.

So who is going and does anyone wanna meet up?

Christi

I will be there, but have no clue about my plans yet, just want to say since it is your first time seeing the Foo's be prepared for every other show you ever go to be second par. Live it up!

ElScottcho November 16th 2011 09:14 AM

Finally... My first Foo Fighters show tonight!

Let me give some background. I'm 28 years old. Started with Nirvana. Remember the first time on MTV when I saw the "I'll Stick Around" video. How weird it was seeing Dave jumping around with a guitar next to Pat. Loved the first album. TCATS and TINLTL were the soundtracks to my high school years.
Unfortunately my luck with going to Foo Fighters shows is similar to Beavis and Butthead trying to score.
First, I was supposed to see them at Lupo's in Providence with some friends. (Damn You Damn Everyone show). They backed out and I never got tickets.
In 1999 I sold my Playstation for a ticket to the X Games show at the civic center.
Then my ride change their mind and my father refused to take me because he didn't want to leave me there alone (I was 16 WTF.) There have been other missed opportunities in the last 10 years. But this July I FINALLY got tickets off StubHub. Unfortunately my girlfriend is now 5 months pregnant so she won't be able to go. But I will finally be there and I'm really excited, and I know this is a long shot because they don't play it often anymore but I would love to hear I'll Stick Around live in person.I don't know if the band ever reads these forums but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear this classic. Don't get me wrong I'm also looking forward to hearing
cuts from the excellent new album.

SamSmithNZ November 16th 2011 12:20 PM

I'm looking forward to tonight. I think it's my 7th Show! Anyone know what time the first band (Social Distortion? Joy?) starts?

amglory November 16th 2011 12:44 PM

Thanks everyone! I can't wait. I've seen a lot of amazing shows over the years so my expectations are high. People at work are laughing at me when they see me lipsynching with my earbuds in. There might be a little dancing or thrashing that go along with that too so I can't blame them.

Brian you're going to be right above me. No spitting please. Maybe I'll make you a sign "BRIAN DON"T JUMP!"

I haven't been to the Garden in a long time. I'm hoping to be there by 4, get my bearings. My son and I are going to hang around after the show, maybe get something to eat. We'll see.

Hub. November 16th 2011 01:03 PM

Re: Finally... My first Foo Fighters show tonight!

Congrats! Better late than never. :)

boslaw November 16th 2011 01:16 PM

What time does the opening act go on? Is it Social D at 7:00, or do they start earlier?

maherj November 16th 2011 01:19 PM

Ill be showing up around 6, going to explore around Boston for a few hours before the show. Just hope the rain holds off...

BMorris111 November 16th 2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boslaw (Post 3630787)
What time does the opening act go on? Is it Social D at 7:00, or do they start earlier?

The Joy Formidible at 7:00, Social D after with FF around 9:00.
Getting no work done today.

Erin_In_MA November 16th 2011 03:38 PM

I'll be there tonight! Can't wait!!! Getting to the Garden around 5pm.

Skidpalace November 16th 2011 04:28 PM

Anyone know how late the FF set will be? I am trying to decide if I can take the commuter rail and my only trains outbound are 10:40 and 12:10.
It's a safe bet that they will go on at 9:00. Should I plan for the 12:10 train?

kfpandas November 16th 2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidpalace (Post 3630876)
Anyone know how late the FF set will be? I am trying to decide if I can take the commuter rail and my only trains outbound are 10:40 and 12:10.
It's a safe bet that they will go on at 9:00. Should I plan for the 12:10 train?

They play around 3 hours so plan for 1210!

Tim November 16th 2011 05:00 PM

12:10 might be pushing it. I gotta imagine they wouldnt have last train leave before concert is out though

get your merch and shit early.

Skidpalace November 16th 2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 3630906)
12:10 might be pushing it. I gotta imagine they wouldnt have last train leave before concert is out though

get your merch and shit early.

Agreed. I would hope that they would hold the last train for the end of the show, but this is the MBTA we're talking about.

Gotta love Boston's public transit system. If you are coming into town for some fun and expect to stay out late and have a few drinks, you have to drive because the MBTA stops running before the beer does. I am waiting for some law firm to start a class action suit that rips the state a new one for that.

kfpandas November 16th 2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidpalace (Post 3630932)
Agreed. I would hope that they would hold the last train for the end of the show, but this is the MBTA we're talking about.

Gotta love Boston's public transit system. If you are coming into town for some fun and expect to stay out late and have a few drinks, you have to drive because the MBTA stops running before the beer does. I am waiting for some law firm to start a class action suit that rips the state a new one for that.

Haha yeah the mbta is the worst. I got stuck in Lowell once because I missed the last train back to boston after a show. A cab back cost me 80 bucks! Ridiculous.

MBB7 November 16th 2011 07:26 PM

I think shows have to end at 11:30 at the garden.

AyannaD November 16th 2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJ06 (Post 3630589)
start time is 7 but the foos don't go until 9. although ive been hearing the joy formidable is an act you don't want to miss.

I like them a lot, so I'll be there at 7 to watch their set.