Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Down in the dark (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171727)

peco_foo1 November 18th 2017 12:51 PM

Down in the dark
 
Hey was wondering if any board members got the down in the dark promo cd... I think I've only seen about 3/4 of these cds thanks 👍

suguru November 19th 2017 01:21 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
me:lol:

no code November 19th 2017 06:18 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Me too

FooZealand November 20th 2017 12:53 AM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Beat you all - I listed it on Discogs in 2011 :lol: (my copy is the pics). And I knew about it for almost a decade before that. One of the rarer releases for sure.

no code November 20th 2017 11:48 AM

Re: Down in the dark
 
One of the best deals ever.

Got it for 10 or so I believe. Talk about a solid investment. :D

suguru November 20th 2017 12:14 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
not rare you can buy it lol :lol:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Foo-Fighters...53.m1438.l2649

discount price :lol:

i think i have bought mine around 200 ( the most important buy for a cd )

aJazzyFeel November 20th 2017 01:56 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
let me get this right: the CD was a limited press to 5 units, yet at least 6 people own it?

no code November 20th 2017 02:05 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Pressing quantities are always vague. Who knows how many were really made?

Discogs lists 5 owners. I think most of the owners are on this board.

How did you get to 6?

no code November 20th 2017 02:07 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Funny thing is, that Discogs lists a "last sold" on 24 Apr 17. For 12,89!!!

That's cheap.

aJazzyFeel November 20th 2017 03:05 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Yeah I assumed there's at least 6 owners, because 5 people own it and one's on ebay for an insane amount of money :D

FooZealand November 20th 2017 07:53 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aJazzyFeel (Post 4179239)
Yeah I assumed there's at least 6 owners, because 5 people own it and one's on ebay for an insane amount of money :D


Made sense how you figured 6. I wrote the entire discogs entry and I was deliberately obscure since I did not have hard facts, but I have pretty good information that 100 copies were pressed and a large number (way more than half of that) were recovered and destroyed.

Everyone that states actual numbers is just full of BS and trying to sell their item (which is prob fair enough but still BS).

And whoever sold that copy on Discogs is a dipshit - could it not be ANY clearer that the damn thing is VERY valuable :lol:

FooZealand November 20th 2017 07:59 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by suguru (Post 4179213)
not rare you can buy it lol :lol:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Foo-Fighters...53.m1438.l2649

discount price :lol:

i think i have bought mine around 200 ( the most important buy for a cd )

It's a FRENCHMAN !!

INSIDE STORY... it is secretly Alban... he's selling off all of his Foo Fighters collection to fund his new Rick Astley obsession :lol:

My copy was in a bunch of 11 or so promo CD's that I bought for $19 in 2003 - so I paid a bit less than $2 for it.

suguru November 21st 2017 06:36 AM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooZealand (Post 4179265)
It's a FRENCHMAN !!

INSIDE STORY... it is secretly Alban... he's selling off all of his Foo Fighters collection to fund his new Rick Astley obsession :lol:

My copy was in a bunch of 11 or so promo CD's that I bought for $19 in 2003 - so I paid a bit less than $2 for it.


Never Gonna Give You Up:lol:

FooZealand November 21st 2017 09:31 PM

Re: Down in the dark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by suguru (Post 4179295)
Never Gonna Give You Up:lol:

SO many strange looks at me laughing at my desk at work - GOT ME GOOD :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.