Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Before And After (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=172584)

TheFaceYouAlwaysSee August 2nd 2018 05:12 PM

Before And After

I'm very late to reading Mick Wall's Foo Fighters book, and have spotted a potential mistake that might be old news to most of you.

There's a reference (on p171 of my copy) to "...the band's 2011 Before and After documentary."

I assume that should be Back And Forth. Is that just a daft mistake it was it originally titled Before And After?

SlipKid815 August 2nd 2018 05:26 PM

Re: Before And After

From what I understand that whole book is a mistake.

Though to answer your question, I would say it’s just a mistake caused by the author not really caring about his subject.

pjonze August 2nd 2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlipKid815 (Post 4198013)
I would say its just a mistake caused by the author not really caring about his subject.

Nail/Head. It really is a piece of shit - I was sent an advance and then on publication asked if Id like to give copies away. I never replied.

matineeidyll August 2nd 2018 11:10 PM

That book is a skidmark. He tried to write a book about the band but hates them as an entity so much and loves Dave that he just jerked him off for the whole thing while degrading the rest of them. One for the bin.

TheFaceYouAlwaysSee August 3rd 2018 07:42 AM

OK, thanks. Yeah, have come to the same conclusion about the tone of the book, but I've been filtering all that out. Nearly finished now so will persevere.

Next on the list: This Is A Call by Paul Brannigan (from which Mick Wall seems to have taken a whole load of content anyway).

aprilshack August 3rd 2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFaceYouAlwaysSee (Post 4198046)
OK, thanks. Yeah, have come to the same conclusion about the tone of the book, but I've been filtering all that out. Nearly finished now so will persevere.

Next on the list: This Is A Call by Paul Brannigan (from which Mick Wall seems to have taken a whole load of content anyway).

Decent book that Paul Brannigan one.

Tim August 3rd 2018 07:34 PM

I just assumed that was from translating Englsh to english :)

But yeah, read the Brannigan book and don't waste your time with any other ones.

Jill August 7th 2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFaceYouAlwaysSee (Post 4198011)
I'm very late to reading Mick Wall's Foo Fighters book, and have spotted a potential mistake that might be old news to most of you.

There's a reference (on p171 of my copy) to "...the band's 2011 Before and After documentary."

I assume that should be Back And Forth. Is that just a daft mistake it was it originally titled Before And After?

The band contributed nothing to that book so...

ladircio August 7th 2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 4198267)
The band contributed nothing to that book so...

But you read well ;)