Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   FooFighters.com (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dear Foo Fighters STORE;) (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=160234)

Apple March 8th 2013 03:04 AM

Dear Foo Fighters STORE;)

This girl would Reeeeary appreciate it if you could/would make some of those SUPER RAD items (specifically the "alien shirt":D) in women's sizes. The ESP&G women's tshirt is my favorite shirt of all time! I'd love to add to that collection.

Soooo, anybody else feel the same?

edit to add: Sorry Simon/Jill-this Reeeaary doesn't belong in Foo Side Projects. my bad.

EnoughSpace March 8th 2013 03:20 AM

Re: Dear Foo Fighters STORE;)

Does anyone know what make/material the shirts shipping with the Sound City stuff are made out of? Because the shirts used for the last tour and recent stuff were made with a really tight fitting material which I really didn't like.

Retro March 8th 2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnoughSpace (Post 3853963)
Does anyone know what make/material the shirts shipping with the Sound City stuff are made out of? Because the shirts used for the last tour and recent stuff were made with a really tight fitting material which I really didn't like.

I know what you mean...my Wasting Light Tour shirt shrunk down from a large to a medium. :( Washed in cold water and hung up to dry. I was so disappointed.

EnoughSpace March 8th 2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro (Post 3853965)
I know what you mean...my Wasting Light Tour shirt shrunk down from a large to a medium. :( Washed in cold water and hung up to dry. I was so disappointed.

Yeah thought they sucked compared to just normal fit shirts - don't want to buy a medium and look stupid like the last ones I got.

Retro March 8th 2013 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnoughSpace (Post 3853979)
Yeah thought they sucked compared to just normal fit shirts - don't want to buy a medium and look stupid like the last ones I got.

I can't even wear my Wasting Light shirt anymore it's so small. :( I'm not gonna buy another because of the material. My horseshoe Foo shirt still fits just fine.

I do have to say though that I love the Roswell Film shirts with the red logo. I think I'm just gonna preorder the movie with a shirt and then buy the CD separate.

But same question, is this the same material as some other recent shirts? I'd really like to know before another of my precious shirts gets shrunk in the wash.

Retro March 8th 2013 12:04 PM

When did these preorder packages surface in the store anyways? I hate that I don't get an email notification when new items arrive...

...I get worried that I'm gonna miss something big again, like I did with the Wasting Light deluxe bundle. :(

grohlsgurl March 8th 2013 07:35 PM

Totally agree they should run womens stuff too. Im short and the mens stuff would look like a tent on me :(

Johnny Bravo84 March 8th 2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro (Post 3854072)
When did these preorder packages surface in the store anyways? I hate that I don't get an email notification when new items arrive...

...I get worried that I'm gonna miss something big again, like I did with the Wasting Light deluxe bundle. :(

I saw the news last night via FF's and Sound City's FB/Twitter feeds, and jumped on it.

I agree, though, an email of some sort would probably be a good idea too...

grohlsgurl March 8th 2013 08:28 PM

Anybody got deets of who to email? I've tried sound city movie on facebook but had no reply as yet :(

Jill March 8th 2013 10:53 PM

Store@foofighters.com

Robert March 8th 2013 11:29 PM

When I try to go to the full websit on my phone it says I need to submit a log in and password. What's up wit dat yo?

Retro March 9th 2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo84 (Post 3854296)
I saw the news last night via FF's and Sound City's FB/Twitter feeds, and jumped on it.

I agree, though, an email of some sort would probably be a good idea too...

Got an email today about the t shirts. I wear a Large and they're now sold out all around. So bummed. :(

Apple March 9th 2013 03:44 PM

Since I kinda started all this ;) and read others comments I had an idea ( though in just " talking") idk what if anything would actually happen as a result but I'll just throw it out there-can't hurt right?! ( * watch me get banned now* :D)

1) email notifications for new merchandise ( though isn't that in place already? ) ( I didn't get an email either but maybe b/c of the social media they figure its not needed?)

2) men and women's sizes ( I'm a fan of the Echoes style/fab/etc women's shirt. though I and others have noticed the belt/ button holes that developed over time at the bottom of the shirt)

3) state what the merchandise is made out of-the percentages of material used and whether it's preshrunk or not.

I think maybe some of these changes would lead to increased sales ( not that I'm worried about the kids college funds-pretty sure the guys have plenty for that:D lol)

Same too for the other side bands- ie -Chevy Metal - Shifty & Dead Peasants. I got a Chevy Metal shirt but I won't wear it much b/c of the fit. -which is too bad-I would enjoy being free advertisement to the masses. And eventually it'll end up at Goodwill cuz it's not being worn:( ( i don't remember seeing that it was preshrunk)

I dig wearing black T-shirts. if they fit me like a girl. So. weird. I know. haha

Jess96 March 9th 2013 05:07 PM

I have one of those womans wasting light shirts, still fits fine and still wear it loads. Also have men sizes in ones that I liked that I couldn't get in womens, and I just wear those around the house/as pjs. It might be nice if there were some more of those in womens sizes but it doesnt make much kf a difference to me.

Retro March 9th 2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple (Post 3854562)
Since I kinda started all this ;) and read others comments I had an idea ( though in just " talking") idk what if anything would actually happen as a result but I'll just throw it out there-can't hurt right?! ( * watch me get banned now* :D)

1) email notifications for new merchandise ( though isn't that in place already? ) ( I didn't get an email either but maybe b/c of the social media they figure its not needed?)

2) men and women's sizes ( I'm a fan of the Echoes style/fab/etc women's shirt. though I and others have noticed the belt/ button holes that developed over time at the bottom of the shirt)

3) state what the merchandise is made out of-the percentages of material used and whether it's preshrunk or not.

I think maybe some of these changes would lead to increased sales ( not that I'm worried about the kids college funds-pretty sure the guys have plenty for that:D lol)

Same too for the other side bands- ie -Chevy Metal - Shifty & Dead Peasants. I got a Chevy Metal shirt but I won't wear it much b/c of the fit. -which is too bad-I would enjoy being free advertisement to the masses. And eventually it'll end up at Goodwill cuz it's not being worn:( ( i don't remember seeing that it was preshrunk)

I dig wearing black T-shirts. if they fit me like a girl. So. weird. I know. haha

Yeah, they sent out an email for the preorders. But almost 48 hours after they'd been put up on the website. Anyone who followed that link would have pretty limited choices in terms of sizes.

So definitely a fast emailing list. I wouldn't mind emails even weeks ahead about limited edtion items arriving.

Also, it would be fantastic if all the shirts were preshrunk and then sold as their proper sizes. My Wasting Light shirt didn't even last one wash and it shrunk down an entire size.

aprilshack March 9th 2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro (Post 3854588)
Yeah, they sent out an email for the preorders. But almost 48 hours after they'd been put up on the website. Anyone who followed that link would have pretty limited choices in terms of sizes.

So definitely a fast emailing list. I wouldn't mind emails even weeks ahead about limited edtion items arriving.

Also, it would be fantastic if all the shirts were preshrunk and then sold as their proper sizes. My Wasting Light shirt didn't even last one wash and it shrunk down an entire size.

Is it the womens shirts you have problems with the shrinking?

Retro March 9th 2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 3854596)
Is it the womens shirts you have problems with the shrinking?

Nope, it's a men's shirt. :lol:

It shrunk the first time I washed it. Cold water, hung to dry. Super bummed.

aprilshack March 9th 2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro (Post 3854624)
Nope, it's a men's shirt. :lol:

It shrunk the first time I washed it. Cold water, hung to dry. Super bummed.

Odd, i wear the mens tees as the womens are no good for me & they don't shrink?

grohlsgurl March 9th 2013 06:28 PM

Ive just emailed the store about ladies merch and the possibility of a getting merch on the UK store

Retro March 9th 2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grohlsgurl (Post 3854638)
Ive just emailed the store about ladies merch and the possibility of a getting merch on the UK store

Does the UK store still sell that huge Foo Fighters flag?? I never saw that in the US store, that'd be cool.