Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   FooFighters.com (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Foo Store - Shipping fees (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=164854)

FooFightTheFuture August 25th 2014 02:08 PM

New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Hey guys,

Does anyone else find the shipping fees for the new Foo store kind of high?

Just to ship the new CD w/ a tshirt it's $15+ for the cheapest shipping option? So a $30 package becomes $45+....

Yet, a t-shirt alone costs $8 in shipping. A CD basically ways nothing (at least the way it's shown, it looks like it will be in a paper sleeve and not some crazy packaging.)

This is a bummer. I used to buy stuff from the store and I never felt like the shipping was expensive, but maybe I just have a bad memory?

I read the explanation on their page saying "we are a small company, shipping is expensive....we don't get the discounts that bigger companies get"

That doesn't make me feel better about paying high shipping costs...it just makes me think the Foos picked the wrong vendor to handle their products.

And then to add to that, there is a paragraph warning that it could take 72 hours longer than it tells us at checkout for the items to come.

SO we are going to pay expensive shipping costs, and then we aren't even guaranteed timely delivery?

Something is wrong here. I'm not a big complainer, ever, but i just think these are fair points to bring up.

I like small companies and DIY ethics and all, however we can't move backwards in affordability and timeliness.

Please fix this, guys!

aprilshack August 25th 2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooFightTheFuture (Post 3977034)
Hey guys,

Does anyone else find the shipping fees for the new Foo store kind of high?

Just to ship the new CD w/ a tshirt it's $15+ for the cheapest shipping option? So a $30 package becomes $45+....

Yet, a t-shirt alone costs $8 in shipping. A CD basically ways nothing (at least the way it's shown, it looks like it will be in a paper sleeve and not some crazy packaging.)

This is a bummer. I used to buy stuff from the store and I never felt like the shipping was expensive, but maybe I just have a bad memory?

I read the explanation on their page saying "we are a small company, shipping is expensive....we don't get the discounts that bigger companies get"

That doesn't make me feel better about paying high shipping costs...it just makes me think the Foos picked the wrong vendor to handle their products.

And then to add to that, there is a paragraph warning that it could take 72 hours longer than it tells us at checkout for the items to come.

SO we are going to pay expensive shipping costs, and then we aren't even guaranteed timely delivery?

Something is wrong here. I'm not a big complainer, ever, but i just think these are fair points to bring up.

I like small companies and DIY ethics and all, however we can't move backwards in affordability and timeliness.

Please fix this, guys!

It is expensive yes.Firebrand.Aren't they a part of live nation? I'm still waiting for them to send out my damn shirt even though I know other people in the uk have theirs when the made an order well after mine!! I miss Sam merch!

FooZealand August 25th 2014 09:47 PM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 3977053)
It is expensive yes.Firebrand.Aren't they a part of live nation? I'm still waiting for them to send out my damn shirt even though I know other people in the uk have theirs when the made an order well after mine!! I miss Sam merch!

Sam Merch were awesome. I had stickers and little stuff added all the time with bigger orders, the packing was always absolutely excellent and the shipping was always smack on reasonable versus real cost at any given time.

To top it off once when they forgot to ship one big order of two placed at the same time they refunded me ALL the shipping on the missed order - it was like 60 odd dollars.

I can't believe Firebrand shitting us with the we are not a big store BS. So far my experience is the store works fine, the orders etc are all correct, charging has been correct, but shipping has been slow compared to SM. The real test will be when there is any need to contact them - how they handle problems etc.

I'd love to know why the move was made - in my mind it has certainly not been a "better" result for customers. The shipping for my orders all seems to exceed the pricing I would get straight from the USPS website as a US citizen sending a single one off package with the contents ordered in it. So the no big discount is total crap - there is NO discount - in fact shipping has been padded. I'm spending so much on the new release I've ignored it for right now, but it will definitely affect what I order in the future in the "between album" times. Which in a nut shell means EVERYBODY loses; me band and Firebrand.

aprilshack August 26th 2014 06:15 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooZealand (Post 3977120)
Sam Merch were awesome. I had stickers and little stuff added all the time with bigger orders, the packing was always absolutely excellent and the shipping was always smack on reasonable versus real cost at any given time.

To top it off once when they forgot to ship one big order of two placed at the same time they refunded me ALL the shipping on the missed order - it was like 60 odd dollars.

I can't believe Firebrand shitting us with the we are not a big store BS. So far my experience is the store works fine, the orders etc are all correct, charging has been correct, but shipping has been slow compared to SM. The real test will be when there is any need to contact them - how they handle problems etc.

I'd love to know why the move was made - in my mind it has certainly not been a "better" result for customers. The shipping for my orders all seems to exceed the pricing I would get straight from the USPS website as a US citizen sending a single one off package with the contents ordered in it. So the no big discount is total crap - there is NO discount - in fact shipping has been padded. I'm spending so much on the new release I've ignored it for right now, but it will definitely affect what I order in the future in the "between album" times. Which in a nut shell means EVERYBODY loses; me band and Firebrand.

The CS is crappy.I didn't get a real answer when I asked when my shirt was to be shipped, just "We have it and you will receive notification when it leaves". Meanwhile people I know who ordered after me(some with the same shirt) have their stuff!If it doesn't go out this week I will be asking for a refund.

What really worries me is our mega boxes.How quick are they going to be in getting those out?Plus if any are damaged/lost we are shit out of luck as in the faq they assume no responsibility for damage or loss.

BigCol August 26th 2014 10:46 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 3977053)
It is expensive yes.Firebrand.Aren't they a part of live nation? I'm still waiting for them to send out my damn shirt even though I know other people in the uk have theirs when the made an order well after mine!! I miss Sam merch!

Did you order a shirt from the US store? I did the day the new merch went on sale 3 weeks back and haven't received a thing yet.

aprilshack August 26th 2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCol (Post 3977214)
Did you order a shirt from the US store? I did the day the new merch went on sale 3 weeks back and haven't received a thing yet.

Yep.Minutes after it opened.Has yours even been sent yet?Have you checked your account?

BigCol August 26th 2014 11:58 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 3977221)
Yep.Minutes after it opened.Has yours even been sent yet?Have you checked your account?

I haven't checked, no. I will have a look now.

BigCol August 26th 2014 12:15 PM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Apparently I haven't got an account registered with them.....:rolleyes:

I have sent them an e-mail asking for progress.

FooZealand August 27th 2014 06:08 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 3977196)
The CS is crappy.I didn't get a real answer when I asked when my shirt was to be shipped, just "We have it and you will receive notification when it leaves". Meanwhile people I know who ordered after me(some with the same shirt) have their stuff!If it doesn't go out this week I will be asking for a refund.

What really worries me is our mega boxes.How quick are they going to be in getting those out?Plus if any are damaged/lost we are shit out of luck as in the faq they assume no responsibility for damage or loss.

There are clauses in contracts between Paypal and Merchants that cover things like this, and between credit card companies and Paypal and merchants too. So in most countries, if you go to Paypal and they did nothing, you go to your bank and lodge an item not received as described type claim. Banks actually take it quite seriously especially if you are a good customer. Paypal then get stung and pass it on to the merchant.

So usually if you try the merchant and they refuse to fix a problem, then you pass all that contact and response info on to PayPal, they will honour the refund etc themselves, simply because they know if you are saying you will go to your bank next, that your bank WILL reverse the payment to them in due course anyway, so they may as well make good themselves.

In the end if it happens too many times Paypal and or Visa/MC etc will stop trading with a retailer - happens all the time.

Whatever you do, don' ever believe that because a seller says "tough bad luck" online, that you're stuck. Far from it.

aprilshack August 27th 2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooZealand (Post 3977379)
There are clauses in contracts between Paypal and Merchants that cover things like this, and between credit card companies and Paypal and merchants too. So in most countries, if you go to Paypal and they did nothing, you go to your bank and lodge an item not received as described type claim. Banks actually take it quite seriously especially if you are a good customer. Paypal then get stung and pass it on to the merchant.

So usually if you try the merchant and they refuse to fix a problem, then you pass all that contact and response info on to PayPal, they will honour the refund etc themselves, simply because they know if you are saying you will go to your bank next, that your bank WILL reverse the payment to them in due course anyway, so they may as well make good themselves.

In the end if it happens too many times Paypal and or Visa/MC etc will stop trading with a retailer - happens all the time.

Whatever you do, don' ever believe that because a seller says "tough bad luck" online, that you're stuck. Far from it.

If something happens to my box set I would certainly try to get my money back.The store has chosen whom to do business with when it comes to shipping and if they aren't doing a good enough job it reflects back to firebrand.Good customer service would talk to the shipping company and rectify the problem.I get the impression that once they have your money they don't give a fuck.

I will only take a chance on buying from them again if it's something special like the box set.Unavailable anywhere else.They have already lost custom as my husband wanted a foos shirt for an anniversary gift.He won't be getting a shirt from firebrand.

I emailed the store yesterday about my shirt and they said there was a problem in their system with this particular shirt.Funny I have seen pics online with people wearing this particular shirt.They said it would ship yesterday and lo and behold it hasn't.Bad move leaving Sam merch.

BigCol August 27th 2014 08:17 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
april - what shirt did you order?

aprilshack August 27th 2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCol (Post 3977391)
april - what shirt did you order?

Foos and stripes.

BigCol August 27th 2014 09:34 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 3977396)
Foos and stripes.

Same as me, and I got the same response saying there were problems with the shirt.

aprilshack August 27th 2014 06:18 PM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCol (Post 3977398)
Same as me, and I got the same response saying there were problems with the shirt.

I've seen pics with people wearing the shirt, so what problem I wonder?!

BigCol August 28th 2014 09:13 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
Fair play though, at least the official Twitter replied to me yesterday. The firebrand one, however, has not. Although I have got an e-mail from "Carly" promising they will send the shirt within the week....

I could have waited and got it in the re-vamped UK store and not had to worry about waiting over a week for it to arrive after being posted out.

aprilshack August 28th 2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCol (Post 3977549)
Fair play though, at least the official Twitter replied to me yesterday. The firebrand one, however, has not. Although I have got an e-mail from "Carly" promising they will send the shirt within the week....

I could have waited and got it in the re-vamped UK store and not had to worry about waiting over a week for it to arrive after being posted out.

I had the same girl reply to me.Pathetic service.They sell tshirts for gods sake, how hard is it to get things right ?!

FooZealand August 30th 2014 02:40 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
OK so some rather good news on the store (I'm all about giving a thumbs up where it's due too):

1) Two of my shirt / jacket orders arrived just nine days after shipping notification (VERY f-ing fast to NZ even direct from CA).
2) Everything is sealed in plastic bags, with cat numbers on. So A) it's watertight, and B) if you are keeping anything as a collectable you have BOTH proof it's never been opened AND proof of where it came from, in the sense those numbers will only ever be store related etc.
3) The customs declaration on a $241.31 USD order had "1 item value of $20.00 US) on it.... :thumbsup: It did though also have a visible packing list that totally stated (in complete contradiction) what was actually inside the parcel. So... if your parcel was opened to check... vs if just the customs statement is looked at... you could get totally different customs results.

$77 US was still a HUGE amount to pay for a large Jiffy bag size soft parcel.

FooZealand August 30th 2014 03:01 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
AND

Just got a split shipping notification on the last outstanding non Album related order.

First one says:
Some of the items from order #xxxx have now been shipped

Second one says:
The last of the items from order #xxxx have now been shipped

All items in the order correctly accounted for. So they are tracking everything correctly when dividing it up which is also nice to know.

aprilshack August 30th 2014 08:20 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
At long last my tshirt shipped yesterday!

BigCol September 3rd 2014 08:31 AM

Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees
 
My shirt turned up - mega fast. The only posted it on Friday and it arrived yesterday all the way from Cali.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.