Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What is going to be the next Single off Concrete and Gold (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171880)

dxnieto January 12th 2018 03:01 PM

What is going to be the next Single off Concrete and Gold

Not sure what song they are going to release next?

wicked_gravity January 12th 2018 04:24 PM

Re: What is going to be the next Single off Concrete and Gold

i assume nothing, haven't there already been 3? Run, Sky, The Line, i believe.

FrenchEnemies January 12th 2018 04:31 PM

For Wasting Light they had 4 proper singles each with a video, and C&G only seems to have 2 videos. I wonder why that is.

O.B.gene January 12th 2018 04:31 PM

'La Dee Da' has been receiving radio airplay here in the UK for a fair few weeks now.

J-Ro January 12th 2018 04:46 PM

I thought Dave said a little bit ago Dirty Water was next?

Disbet January 12th 2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4183374)
'La Dee Da' has been receiving radio airplay here in the UK for a fair few weeks now.

I'd love for that to be the next single. It may end up being one of my all time favorite Foo songs. It'd make a very cool video too.

aprilshack January 12th 2018 05:24 PM

La Dee Da would be great. I need another video.

WinnebagoHalo14 January 12th 2018 10:53 PM

La Dee Da seems right. In another time, Zero Hour could have been a huge "crossover" hit.

Simon January 12th 2018 11:18 PM

Honestly, 'single' has lost most of it's meaning these days. You get 'songs released before the album is even out to promote it' and 'songs sent to radio once it is out because the label thinks they'll be popular'. Sometimes you get a video for them, sometimes you don't.

It's just not how bands sell and promote themselves these days.

Citizen Eric January 12th 2018 11:18 PM

Arrows has become my favorite song on this record. Unexpected for me. I usually go for the harder stuff. The chorus lyrics really got me though.

O.B.gene January 13th 2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4183391)
Honestly, 'single' has lost most of it's meaning these days. You get 'songs released before the album is even out to promote it' and 'songs sent to radio once it is out because the label thinks they'll be popular'. Sometimes you get a video for them, sometimes you don't.

It's just not how bands sell and promote themselves these days.

and it's just how Spotify and the like have ruined/changed how the 'singles' chart works now, ie Ed Sheeran having 9 songs in the Top 10 last year. A song can be popular on streaming services and be in the singles charts alongside promoted 'official' singles. What a mess. :cool:

SlipKid815 January 13th 2018 12:35 PM

Singles to me mean songs that get played on the radio,so far I think those are just Run and TSIAN? Neither of the rock stations I listen to seem to have gotten The Line, and they are guaranteed to overplay any Foo song they get. though I know some songs are singles in other places which means thayíll never be radio releases here, which is what might have happened, Iím still disappointed we never got Arlandria as a single here.

(Yes I still listen to the radio, I have to drive to work/school)

J-Ro January 13th 2018 05:25 PM

The Line was played here too

Citizen Eric January 13th 2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4183417)
and it's just how Spotify and the like have ruined/changed how the 'singles' chart works now, ie Ed Sheeran having 9 songs in the Top 10 last year. A song can be popular on streaming services and be in the singles charts alongside promoted 'official' singles. What a mess. :cool:

Agree 100%. Clear Channel (now I Heart Radio) ruined rock & roll radio for me. It's not even "local" anymore. The playlists are likely distributed centrally, and those "morning show" hosts are more often syndicated now. They have one box of records and they play them to death.

I miss album rock radio from the 70s and 80s. Free Form, they used to call it.