Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Album name - Wiki bs? (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=146743)

haschtomten January 27th 2011 07:22 PM

Album name - Wiki bs?
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_Fig...0.93present.29 "The new album is titled Back and Forth. The first single is confirmed to be "Rope" on January 27, 2011." Is this for real or is someone just screwing with us??

Simon January 27th 2011 07:27 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
It's not confirmed, no. Dave said he was toying with two titles, Back And Forth and another he didn't reveal. He also asked people at the Paladino's show if they though Back And Forth was an album title. So it could be that, but it's not confirmed, no.

As for Walk being the single, that isn't true. It was stated in a press release then quickly corrected that Walk wasn't the first single.

So in short no, that entire wiki is not factually correct.

haschtomten January 27th 2011 07:31 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
It says "Rope" is the single not "Walk", as for the album title it seams reasonable :confused:

Richy January 27th 2011 07:36 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Yeah I was gonna say, its Rope on the Wiki page... But I didn't know Rope was confirmed

Simon January 27th 2011 07:37 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Oh I see, well I don't know where they got that from. Walk was the only title officially mentioned for a single, here:

http://www.fooarchive.com/news/?p=338

Which as I say, was quickly corrected not to be a single. Rope has never been mentioned as the single.

What do you mean the album title sounds reasonable? It does, like I say it's one of two Dave was choosing between so it may be right, but it's not confirmed so shouldn't be on wikipedia as fact.

This is the source cited on wikipedia for the info:
http://www.harddriveradio.com/Today-s-Dirt/3803425

I really wouldn't trust that for real info, would you?

Richy January 27th 2011 07:40 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Studmore (Post 3424208)
Oh I see, well I don't know where they got that from. Walk was the only title officially mentioned for a single, here:

http://www.fooarchive.com/news/?p=338

Which as I say, was quickly corrected not to be a single. Rope has never been mentioned as the single.

What do you mean the album title sounds reasonable? It does, like I say it's one of two Dave was choosing between so it may be right, but it's not confirmed so shouldn't be on wikipedia as fact.

This is the source cited on wikipedia for the info:
http://www.harddriveradio.com/Today-s-Dirt/3803425

I really wouldn't trust that for real info, would you?

I don't really trust it... but I think of it more of a 'decent guess' than anything

Simon January 27th 2011 07:41 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Well yes, unless Dave has come up with another possible title it's a 50/50 chance that it's correct, but Wikipedia is meant to be fact, not assumptions and guesses.

Richy January 27th 2011 07:42 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Studmore (Post 3424214)
Well yes, unless Dave has come up with another possible title it's a 50/50 chance that it's correct, but Wikipedia is meant to be fact, not assumptions and guesses.

Yeah I know, but lets be honest Wikipedia is full of BS anyway lol

haschtomten January 27th 2011 07:42 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
No, I wouldn't say that the title confirmed but it sounds reasonable and not like total bullshit :o I have no idea where the single idea came from but who knows really, that's a bit of a longshot.

Dr Nick Riviera January 27th 2011 07:43 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richy (Post 3424215)
Yeah I know, but lets be honest Wikipedia is full of BS anyway lol

Michael Scott does not agree ;)

Richy January 27th 2011 07:44 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera (Post 3424218)

Haha, Say No More!

Simon January 27th 2011 07:46 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by haschtomten (Post 3424217)
No, I wouldn't say that the title confirmed but it sounds reasonable and not like total bullshit :o I have no idea where the single idea came from but who knows really, that's a bit of a longshot.

Well I know it's not total bullshit, haven't I just said that twice? :confused:

Anyway I just changed the wiki entry to what is factually correct, although it will probably be changed again. That's why I gave up trying to make the FF pages correct years ago.

Richy January 27th 2011 08:00 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Studmore (Post 3424221)
Well I know it's not total bullshit, haven't I just said that twice? :confused:

Anyway I just changed the wiki entry to what is factually correct, although it will probably be changed again. That's why I gave up trying to make the FF pages correct years ago.

Hopefully it will stay as how you have changed it until something else is officially released

Beto January 27th 2011 09:15 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
'Back & Forth' should stay.
Makes a lot of sense since they're talking a lot of past elements (harshness of songs, recording process, PAT :D) and taking all of that into a new phase.

Richy January 27th 2011 09:16 PM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mexicanFOO (Post 3424293)
'Back & Forth' should stay.
Makes a lot of sense since they're talking a lot of past elements (harshness of songs, recording process, PAT :D) and taking all of that into a new phase.

Yeah I think we are all in agreement :) But this whole thing is about whether it should be on Wikipedia for not being factual

amastel January 28th 2011 04:00 AM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
It's January 27th and I don't think a single was released today.....

E. Stacked Actor January 28th 2011 04:31 AM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mexicanFOO (Post 3424293)
'Back & Forth' should stay.
Makes a lot of sense since they're talking a lot of past elements (harshness of songs, recording process, PAT :D) and taking all of that into a new phase.

I dunno- I think "Start to Finish" would be a good title, all things considered.

DaneisKing1389 January 28th 2011 04:39 AM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
I read an article where they named the record, the first two tracks, and the first single. I don't remember what it was, but I remember thinking it was odd because I hadn't seen it anywhere yet.

Tim January 28th 2011 05:40 AM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
I'm trying to think about how it's been in the past, but I think the lack of a firm title being listed is probably indicative of them just being really slow to pick one.

The only time I remember hearing the title way before it was like common knowledge or the record came out was for One By One, and I think that was partly cause the record was coming out, got shelved, and then came out 4 months later than intended cause they re-recorded it.

Suzy Foo January 28th 2011 06:41 AM

Re: Album name - Wiki bs?
 
I'm thinking maybe some sort of reference as to where it was made/how it was made ?

i.e Back To The Beginning/Back To The Start ?

Just saying ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.