Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Frequent Post Archive (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Any tips to meet the band? (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=151848)

inkeye August 25th 2011 05:01 PM

Any tips to meet the band?

My friends and I are going to the Pittsburgh show. Does anyone know of any meet and greets?

Thanks.

Ben Bracey August 25th 2011 06:31 PM

Re: Any tips to meet the band?

I'm following the buses after that show to Buffalo haha

lostrocker815 August 25th 2011 09:36 PM

Wait round the back of the venue by the bus or exit gates.

spankmoo August 25th 2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostrocker815 (Post 3582150)
Wait round the back of the venue by the bus or exit gates.

And be very patient! :):p

Sophie August 25th 2011 09:55 PM

And if you're at a big venue, it probably won't happen.

mingo05 August 26th 2011 02:26 AM

^yup.

ApolloBay August 26th 2011 10:11 PM

Not specifically related to this band, but just in general I'm in favour of not letting the 'trying (and probably failing) to say howdy to the band' thing overshadow the 'Hot-dang! we're at a <insert band here> gig - how fucking great is that?' thing. My very limited experience of this band is that the gig thing is pretty fucking great :-) Good luck with the saying howdy thing though - hope it works out for you.

Sophie August 27th 2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApolloBay (Post 3582772)
Not specifically related to this band, but just in general I'm in favour of not letting the 'trying (and probably failing) to say howdy to the band' thing overshadow the 'Hot-dang! we're at a <insert band here> gig - how fucking great is that?' thing. My very limited experience of this band is that the gig thing is pretty fucking great :-) Good luck with the saying howdy thing though - hope it works out for you.

Wise words.

Kathi August 28th 2011 03:17 AM

You're right. I've not met them myself, and maybe it'll never work out, but I'm satisfied as long as I get to see great shows, especially if those are happening out of my own country and if I get to meet some fellow fans.

Landon August 31st 2011 05:26 AM

Meeting the band at the venue before the show.

Me and my friend are so stoked to go to our first Foo's show, and we were talking about what if we got the chance to meet the band before soundcheck or whatever at the venue. But, how early would you have to be there? Is it even likely or possible?

spankmoo August 31st 2011 02:19 PM

Re: Meeting the band at the venue before the show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landon (Post 3585437)
Me and my friend are so stoked to go to our first Foo's show, and we were talking about what if we got the chance to meet the band before soundcheck or whatever at the venue. But, how early would you have to be there? Is it even likely or possible?

It's possible. But more likely AFTER the show. But if you get to the show early...you can hear soundcheck and then take you're place on the FRONT row! :) I was WAY early in Little Rock, but I would suggest at least 4 hours before. Good luck!

Rage September 21st 2011 12:19 AM

Meeting members after the show

Ok so im still patiently waiting for the Foo Fighters to announce a Texas date, but until then i will ask a question that im curious about if other people do.

Has anyone ever waited around after the show at the band members tour buses to try and get a picture or autograph?

I've only done it once with a buddy of mine for another band. We waited about 1-2 hours behind the venue with a bunch of other fans and when they came out they were cool and hung with everyone and took photos and signed stuff.

Didnt know if any of you have tried this lately and if you were successful or not.

Thanks!

Kevinp66 September 21st 2011 01:55 AM

Re: Meeting members after the show

We hung for bout an hour on the last tour and they didn't hang with us. Though they did acknowledge us.We needed to wait a while before driving anyways.

lostrocker815 September 21st 2011 09:53 AM

Yup! My first Foo show ever, back in March. I waited around the back before the show, we found out when Soundcheck was, made sure we were by the stage door, band drive in, Dave gets out, wanders over for a chat and signs our arms ect, BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!! If any one tells you not to bother, DONT LISTEN, you can only try!

Rage September 21st 2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostrocker815 (Post 3598154)
Yup! My first Foo show ever, back in March. I waited around the back before the show, we found out when Soundcheck was, made sure we were by the stage door, band drive in, Dave gets out, wanders over for a chat and signs our arms ect, BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!! If any one tells you not to bother, DONT LISTEN, you can only try!

So you met them BEFORE the show? The really rad!

lostrocker815 September 22nd 2011 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rage (Post 3598471)
So you met them BEFORE the show? The really rad!

Yeah! Which made it even cooler when Dave came out on stage :D

Ben Bracey September 22nd 2011 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostrocker815 (Post 3598655)
Yeah! Which made it even cooler when Dave came out on stage :D

yeah I need to find out when sound check is in Buffalo... I have a bunch of friends that work at the arena so I think I can find out.

lostrocker815 September 22nd 2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilTim102 (Post 3598666)
yeah I need to find out when sound check is in Buffalo... I have a bunch of friends that work at the arena so I think I can find out.

Should be easy then! I didnt even have to ask haha, the venue staff were soo chilled they actually told me when to go round the back and it was like so chilled I wandered inside when they were unloading gear and they let me watch haha, and a guy in line with me was looking for the loo and he accidently went into the VIP room and there was no security. it was funny

Knoxy September 22nd 2011 11:52 AM

I haven't seen Dave after the show for years, but almost always see the other band members.

BigCol September 22nd 2011 12:03 PM

Both times I've met Foo it's been before the show.