Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   FooFighters.com (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   what happened to the black box? (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=140851)

Felipe. January 10th 2010 06:04 AM

what happened to the black box?

well, it wasn't called like this anymore, it was that SUPER COOL tour section of the old site, from the TINLTL days, almost EVERY show had exclusive info an photos as they were played. like, MINUTES after the performance there were already fotos up, ones pretty exclusives from backstage and stuff.

they stopped doing that a while ago, but it was still up until the ESPG version of the site, you could browse the fotos from the years of the shows and within the years you could see all of the shows played. now with this new Greatest Hits version, there's just this dumb regular foto session. cool pics, evidently, we can never have enough foo pics, but I miss seeing the old ones searching by the years, why would they do that? does someone has all of them saved somewhere?

awesome January 10th 2010 07:08 AM

Re: what happened to the black box?

i had the link to it, but i forgot how i got it.

Eve January 10th 2010 01:51 PM

I also miss the Black Box actually.

lutador de foo January 10th 2010 04:38 PM

I didn't realize it was gone. Now I'm pissed. Bring back the black box!

Felipe. January 10th 2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gubzy (Post 3260470)
i had the link to it, but i forgot how i got it.

when was it, because the new site layout is relatively new, so it was fairly recent the last time we had access to the black box directly from the website. but if you do have a link, I hope you find it, a lot of people will be happy to see again all of those pictures.

geo. January 11th 2010 06:15 AM

I had the link bookmarked from the last overhaul of the website. It's not there anymore. The images are no longer hosted.
Bummer.

EllyPirelly January 11th 2010 11:42 AM

This was the link:

http://foofighters.com/blackbox/pictures/

as you can see itīs dead.

:(

Why? I miss the black box :(

Eve January 11th 2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllyPirelly (Post 3260744)
This was the link:

http://foofighters.com/blackbox/pictures/

as you can see itīs dead.

:(

Why? I miss the black box :(

:( I want it back. :(

true2foo January 11th 2010 02:56 PM

I want it back too, I really liked going through all the old pics. BRING BLACKBOX BACK!!!

Jamilia January 11th 2010 04:32 PM

Couldn't we contact the webmaster or something? We probably wouldn't get an answer, but you never know.

Jodie January 12th 2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlofangels89 (Post 3260774)
:( I want it back. :(

Me too!

Eve January 12th 2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamilia (Post 3260858)
Couldn't we contact the webmaster or something? We probably wouldn't get an answer, but you never know.

I find it a good idea. Or we should start a petition for it. Altough, I don't know if that would work.

Jamilia January 12th 2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlofangels89 (Post 3261334)
I find it a good idea. Or we should start a petition for it. Altough, I don't know if that would work.

Maybe Jill or Tym know something more about it (hint, hint :))?

Felipe. January 13th 2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamilia (Post 3261380)
Maybe Jill or Tym know something more about it (hint, hint :))?

yeah, I was thinking about that. they're not webmasters but they probably have contact with them.

geez, it makes no sense to erase all of those pictures! years and years of foo history documented in images. I love the foo fighters, they're my favorite band and all, but it didn't end there, they always had the coolest internet documentation and fan interaction (they used to post in the postboard), even on the ESPG site, they even had a blog where all of them would post something about the tour. and now? it's just a plain dumb, normal site with basic info. I KNOW it's better than nothing, but let's not be so negative, there's no reason why end all of the coolness they had here.

sorry if I'm sounding a bit overreacted, it's not like my life is going to change, but it's my fav band and all I wanted to do was revisit those cool photos they had, that's all. I'm ok with the simplest website ever as long as the blackbox is still there.

Jill January 13th 2010 08:38 PM

I am afraid it's gone unless someone has all those pictures.

I can shoot Lee an e-mail and ask. He's not working on Foo stuff right now so it's hard to get him focused but I will ask.

Jamilia January 13th 2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 3261919)
I am afraid it's gone unless someone has all those pictures.

I can shoot Lee an e-mail and ask. He's not working on Foo stuff right now so it's hard to get him focused but I will ask.

Jill January 15th 2010 03:33 PM

So, I spoke with Lee and it's not gone, it's just on hold till the website gets re-worked for a new album when a new album is in the works (it's not so don't get all excited). He has some ideas but it is not coming back anytime soon.

Sorry kids.

Felipe. January 15th 2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 3262998)
So, I spoke with Lee and it's not gone, it's just on hold till the website gets re-worked for a new album when a new album is in the works (it's not so don't get all excited). He has some ideas but it is not coming back anytime soon.

Sorry kids.

well, at least for me, I'm ok with it. I don't mind the waiting, as long as it's not gone. it was up for 10 years, to be offline for 2, 3 (not another 10, please) is fine, I was afraid that the site became a square generic band one. I'll wait for it.

thanks a lot for taking the time to clear this up, Jill!

Jamilia January 15th 2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 3262998)

Sorry kids.

Thanks for the quick response!

Jill January 16th 2010 03:18 AM

You're welcome! Just so you know, if I programmed the site it would have never left.

I was a fan of it too...