Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Foo Side Projects (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY! (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=156104)

Jill April 2nd 2012 05:05 PM

Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Rockers in the Round - Click here for info on Shifty's gig on April 13th!

Lara April 2nd 2012 05:08 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Bollocks, I'll still be in SF at that point. Oh well, it's around the corner for a few other peoples here, I'm sure they'll enjoy. :)

Cosmo April 2nd 2012 06:13 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
I'll be in Phoenix (Eddie Vedder).
Hopefully, folks will show up for this. It's a round robin, batting order kind of thing where each singer sings a song or two as they cycle through the order. It's kind of fun... and the price is GREAT!!!

SarahSanDiego April 2nd 2012 06:16 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
I have tickets for another show, but I did go last year and it was fun. I'm really trying to talk myself out of skipping the other show and just going to this.

Lara April 2nd 2012 06:21 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 3711883)
I'll be in Phoenix (Eddie Vedder).
Hopefully, folks will show up for this. It's a round robin, batting order kind of thing where each singer sings a song or two as they cycle through the order. It's kind of fun... and the price is GREAT!!!

Hi Cosmo! FYI I'm going to be back in LA for a few days in April (I'll be going to see Tim Minchin at Amoeba on 4/10) and for the first two weeks of May (and possibly longer), let me know if our paths might cross, I'd love to see you again. :)

Jill April 3rd 2012 12:06 AM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
I love Lit. I think it is at the bar that they own. Lara, SF?

WickedGoddess April 3rd 2012 12:13 AM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
I have plans for that night, but I may try and get out of it so I can go. Sounds like a blast!

Mike2 April 3rd 2012 12:23 AM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
That sounds really cool.

Gabrielle April 3rd 2012 12:40 AM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Missing this one, too.

Spring break with the fam.

Fuck me sideways.

Lara April 3rd 2012 03:47 AM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 3712245)
I love Lit. I think it is at the bar that they own. Lara, SF?

Yes ma'am, Daz and I are taking a little holiday before he starts his new job and SF is on the agenda, we'll be there 12-14 April.

Cosmo April 3rd 2012 10:37 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 3712245)
I love Lit. I think it is at the bar that they own. Lara, SF?

...
There is a small (very small) music room. The stage is little and the artist sit up there. It is pretty cool.

Cosmo April 3rd 2012 10:49 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 3711891)
Hi Cosmo! FYI I'm going to be back in LA for a few days in April (I'll be going to see Tim Minchin at Amoeba on 4/10) and for the first two weeks of May (and possibly longer), let me know if our paths might cross, I'd love to see you again. :)

...
Garbage is playing 2 nights at the Henry Fonda Theater (4-10,11... or 4-9,10).
Lee Ranaldo of Sonic Youth is playing at the space formerly known as 'Spaceland' on 4-10.

Joseph Arthur is at Largo's Coronet Theater on 4-12.

that Dog! plays 2 Largo shows on 4-13. That is Petra and Rachel Haden's band with Anna Waronker. Rumored to make a showing is brother-in-law Jack Black (it's a secret).

4-14, The Melvins play the Troubadour.

Cage The Elephant at the Mayan Theater on May 2.

Stone Gossard's side band, Brad plays the Troubadour on May 3rd.

Largo hosts their Annual Bluegrass Fest on 5-3 (Watkins Family), 5-4 (Ed Helms and Friends), 5-5 (Steep Canyon Rangers (feat. Steve Martin)).
...
I'll be back in L.A. after th 17th. We'll have to get together for 'In and Out Burgers' or something.

awesome April 8th 2012 02:40 AM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
I wanna go to this so bad but im under 21..I'm gonna try to convince my parents to let me go anyways just to meet chris or something :0

geo. April 8th 2012 03:39 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 3712449)
Yes ma'am, Daz and I are taking a little holiday before he starts his new job and SF is on the agenda, we'll be there 12-14 April.

I hate you.
But but but, how long are you gone for? You're gonna miss Dan!

Lara April 8th 2012 06:27 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by geo. (Post 3716057)
I hate you.
But but but, how long are you gone for? You're gonna miss Dan!

I know! :( Not back until May 13th, at the earliest.

Knoxy April 9th 2012 07:40 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
I don't think I can go. Kran is away for Spring Break with the wee one and I am having sitter issues for the twerp.

Still holding out hope. I've been bitching about not having a solo Chris gig lately and here it is. I am sad that several of us local folks can't be there to support him.

Gabrielle April 9th 2012 07:49 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoxy (Post 3716662)
I don't think I can go. Kran is away for Spring Break with the wee one and I am having sitter issues for the twerp.

Still holding out hope. I've been bitching about not having a solo Chris gig lately and here it is. I am sad that several of us local folks can't be there to support him.

They really should consult with our schedules!

*fingers crossed you make it*

Cosmo April 11th 2012 06:40 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Well... since Eddie Vedder had to potpone his gig to November, I'm gonna be able to make Chris' gig. I was going to see 'that Dog!', Petra Haden's old band, over at Largo... then, remembered Chris' gig in my backyard.
So... I guess I'll see who ever decides to go.

SarahSanDiego April 11th 2012 08:04 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
If there's anyway I can gracefully get out of my other plans on Friday, then I'll be there. I don't want to bail on plans with a friend for selfish reasons though. Damn integrity.

Knoxy April 11th 2012 11:00 PM

Re: Rockers in the Round - SHIFTY!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 3717586)
Well... since Eddie Vedder had to potpone his gig to November, I'm gonna be able to make Chris' gig. I was going to see 'that Dog!', Petra Haden's old band, over at Largo... then, remembered Chris' gig in my backyard.
So... I guess I'll see who ever decides to go.

I'll be there! Just got the a-okay from Kran that he'll be able to watch the little twerp. Yay!


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.