Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What album did you started with / What's your favorite album (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=172168)

Beto April 2nd 2018 06:49 PM

What album did you started with / What's your favorite album

Are we hooked to a first love, or quality?

Me, TCATS/TCATS

KjunFoolForFoo June 3rd 2018 08:03 PM

Re: What album did you started with / What's your favorite album

I fell in love with Dave/Foo Fighters after hearing 'Everlong' the first time. The greatest all-time lyric, 'Breathe out so I can breathe you in... hold you in', ensnared my heart and I haven't looked back since!

02morrij June 3rd 2018 09:31 PM

In 2005, as a 14 year old, Best of You stopped me in my tracks. I owned One by One only at this point. I loved In Your Honour for a long while, but for me, my favourite album is Wasting Light: I can't see that being surpassed :thumbsup:

Becks12 June 4th 2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KjunFoolForFoo (Post 4193612)
I fell in love with Dave/Foo Fighters after hearing 'Everlong' the first time. The greatest all-time lyric, 'Breathe out so I can breathe you in... hold you in', ensnared my heart and I haven't looked back since!

I have those lyrics framed on my bathroom wall :)

BigCol June 4th 2018 11:57 AM

Saw the Foos in 95 so self titled will always be up there for me, but my all time favourite is TCATS, it flows perfectly, it tells a story.

scottish_foo June 4th 2018 12:04 PM

I was into Nirvana so bought the side/post Nirvana projects like Sweet 75 and Foo Fighters to see what they would sound like.

The first one was a bit of a mixed bag but the latter had me hooked. It wasn't Nirvana but had a different sound from what I was used to. TCATS was even stronger, and obviously that is my favourite.

I still listen a lot to Wasting Light, and like the current album.

Disbet June 4th 2018 04:54 PM

I heard I'll Stick Around on the radio when it first came out, and I was a pissed off 13 year old. I didn't know who sang it for a couple of months, then I found out it was the drummer from Nirvana :-) That first album was just what I needed at exactly the right time. Been hooked ever since.

TCATS is still my favorite album, but C&G is getting up there. I still listen to songs off both every day.

Foo3001 June 4th 2018 06:16 PM

Started with S/T when it came out,

My favourite is TINTL, one of my favourite albums ever, by any band.

lilmanjs June 6th 2018 11:58 PM

S/T and its satanic markings on the CD (Thanks to my mother for that one) and my favorite even with Learn to Fly being on there, TINLTL.

trevgreg June 7th 2018 12:32 PM

Technically started with TCATS. I suppose it'd be on the top of the list now too still, although I might not listen to it as much as a whole these days.

FrenchEnemies June 8th 2018 08:45 AM

I'm the most uncool fan ever, so technically I started with the Greatest Hits... :cool:

Favourite is now TINLTL, I think. But it's so hard to pick.

Tel June 8th 2018 11:56 AM

TINLTL was the point I got into them. Learn to Fly & Aurora made me go back and discover the previous 2 albums and it kind of went from there.

Lost Dog June 8th 2018 12:13 PM

TCATS for me. WL is my current favourite

wicked_gravity June 11th 2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies (Post 4193936)
I'm the most uncool fan ever, so technically I started with the Greatest Hits... :cool:

You're right, that does make you uncool! But still, as much as people love to brag that they were there in the beginning (like me), we still all listen to the same songs in the end.

BTW, I started w/ ST, but I am also uncool. Join the club!

eerscore July 16th 2018 03:21 PM

I can remember in my youth (when I was all-in on super heavier stuff) hearing songs from TCATS and TINLTL and thinking they were catchy as all get out. Even before then, when I was like 13 or 14 seeing the video for Big Me and just cracking up!

It wasn’t until I bought my first Foo record, One by One, that I got super into the band. Now they’re undeniably one of my faves.

My favorite album is Wasting Light, but it’s really difficult to pinpoint just that one. I could easily say TCATS, also a big fan of ESPG, but Wasting Light just has a tremendous sound and is maybe the strongest start to finish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies (Post 4193936)

Dave T. July 17th 2018 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4193715)
Started with S/T when it came out,

My favourite is TINTL, one of my favourite albums ever, by any band.

This.