Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Frequent Post Archive (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ok so wht foo track got you hooked??? (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=34047)

Dieseldave December 14th 2005 01:28 PM

Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

this is for people who havent been on the board long,every one else has probley seen this type of thread a million times before but any way..... what track got you hooked? this one is kinda wierd for me as i did'nt buy any foo albums untill this year,bought most of the singles since 96 but not albums so i got two tracks first one is "my hero" first single i bought and my favourite foo track ever!!!well chuffed when they played it third tune in on sunday,second tune is "best of you" herd this on the radio then bought the in your honour album when it was released...album of the year for me!!much better than the coldplay and oasis efforts!liked in your honour so much i bought all the othere albums and have been listening to them all year :D

ant December 14th 2005 01:37 PM

Re: Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

this is a call or big me, i cant remember which one they played on the radio first in the early years

Fraternity_Foo December 14th 2005 01:53 PM

I think Monkey Wrench was on The Best Air Guitar Album in the World Ever! and was the first taste of Foo I had. Then I heard Next Year at some point. Still didn't know anything about them. Then I copied One By One off my friend and quite liked it. A couple of years later and I got around to getting the previous 3 albums and a new Foo Fan was born.

Therefore I think it was a gradual assimilation process rather than a song hooking me in particular.

kangoolari December 14th 2005 01:57 PM

The first Foo song I heard was Best of You - and, seeing the video, I was fascinated by this guy with astonishingly white teeth. :D Then I saw the video for DOA, and that was what really got me hooked.

Aidan Ralph December 14th 2005 02:01 PM

Stacked Actors. And it's still my favourite song of thiers too.

trevgreg December 14th 2005 02:06 PM

well, I liked one or two other songs beforehand, but Monkey Wrench clinched it for me. After that, I had to buy TCATS. And when I did, life was pretty much complete, haha...

Walt Flanagan's Dog December 14th 2005 02:17 PM

Hey, Johnny Park. I went into Virgin all the time and listened to the first few seconds of that song non stop until i could buy it.

Kirst December 14th 2005 02:22 PM

Breakout.

voyagerhub December 14th 2005 02:38 PM

All My Life, I heard it round a mates house and he was heavily into Foos.

Major December 14th 2005 03:26 PM

All my life made it. Never really saw them in Tv but this was the first video they showed on MTV German (okay let's asy the first I've seen).
After that I had to get all teh records

dearlybeloved December 14th 2005 03:28 PM

Stacked Actors.

Captain Fox December 14th 2005 03:57 PM

stacked actors and my hero

OldFooFan December 14th 2005 04:58 PM

Freakin' newbies. :)

"This Is a Call," first album, 1995.

quddus nz December 14th 2005 05:06 PM

i had always listened to them, but not as much as i did other music. but when i moved to pennsylvania, i met this kid who is obsessed and got me into them and this board.

foo-fan December 14th 2005 06:17 PM

probably everlong or learn to fly

scottish_foo December 14th 2005 07:04 PM

Can't remember if the first Foos album came out before This is a Call, but I either bought the single or album first, depending on which was released first.

As a Nirvana fan, I bought everything related to them at the time.

FoOcRaZy86 December 14th 2005 08:19 PM

This is a call for me too. After I heard that song for the first time I went out and bought the cd, or the tape I can't remember now, and the obsession began lol.

venus_in_furs December 14th 2005 08:43 PM

This Is A Call........definitely!!!

Skogberg December 14th 2005 08:49 PM

Learn to Fly or Breakout around 2000/2001.

yongman December 14th 2005 09:34 PM

everlong

that was when band was done with the 1x1 tour, and they were dead quiet.(unactive)

long story how i got to know foo fighters.