Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Foo Files Discussion (Latest release - 00959525 on Jan 3rd) (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=180467)

Foo3001 September 6th 2019 07:43 AM

Foo Files Discussion (Latest release - 00959525 on Jan 3rd)
 
Such a great version of ”Cheer Up, Boys” on there, check it out.

Had kinda forgotten about the song, really liking this!

O.B.gene September 6th 2019 07:54 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
how can you forget about 'Cheer Up Boys..'! :D

Simon September 6th 2019 08:44 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Yeah, most interesting aspect here is that it's not all previously released stuff like the last two, could be promising for future ones. Only 'Big Me' was ever released officially from this performance, albeit the other two tracks were videos on WalMart's website at the time.

Also curious numbering again. 25 is pretty obvious, but how does September 5th, 2007 translate to 000707, other than just the 07?

lharris92 September 6th 2019 09:46 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4224189)
Yeah, most interesting aspect here is that it's not all previously released stuff like the last two, could be promising for future ones. Only 'Big Me' was ever released officially from this performance, albeit the other two tracks were videos on WalMart's website at the time.

Also curious numbering again. 25 is pretty obvious, but how does September 5th, 2007 translate to 000707, other than just the 07?

00950025
00111125
00070725

Just a small assumption looking at this:

So ignoring the first couple of 0's, the songs on the first ep were from 1995 and 2000 (95 to 00), all the songs on the second we from 2011 (so 11 to 11) and the final 2007 (07 to 07).

Know it's pretty flakey but it's the only thing I can find currently..

Simon September 6th 2019 10:00 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lharris92 (Post 4224191)
00950025
00111125
00070725

Just a small assumption looking at this:

So ignoring the first couple of 0's, the songs on the first ep were from 1995 and 2000 (95 to 00), all the songs on the second we from 2011 (so 11 to 11) and the final 2007 (07 to 07).

Know it's pretty flakey but it's the only thing I can find currently..

As good a shout as any, I'd say. :thumbsup:

lharris92 September 6th 2019 12:22 PM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4224192)
As good a shout as any, I'd say. :thumbsup:

Could easily be thrown out the next time they upload one though, time will tell

Foo3001 September 6th 2019 02:56 PM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4224188)
how can you forget about 'Cheer Up Boys..'! :D

Got to ask the band!

Simon September 8th 2019 05:06 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lharris92 (Post 4224194)
Could easily be thrown out the next time they upload one though, time will tell

Tim basically just confirmed you're right on twitter. :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the 10 disc box set 00952025 that this is surely all leading to :lol:

O.B.gene September 8th 2019 09:11 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Something that has been playing on my mind.......this band started in 1991.

With the official release of the cover song 'Kids In America' under the Foo Fighters name (obviously recorded by Dave on his own...just like the self-titled album though, right?) on the 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP, this make the band older than it is. Although the group didn't form until 1995 the fact they've sold music labelled as 'Foo Fighters' from 1991 leads me to conclude this.

I can't remember if this discussed back in 2015 when this EP was released.

Just some Sunday morning discussion please. :D

Simon September 8th 2019 09:26 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
You have to differentiate the Foo Fighters name and Foo Fighters band IMO. Foo Fighters the band started in 1995, Foo Fighters the name, the brand if you like, started in 1988, if you want to consider Dave's first solo material. But yeah, 1991 if you consider the oldest released material with that name.

Plus those releases were obviously retroactive. I don't think you can just apply a new name to something old and then claim that as the new start date for the name.

Foo Fighters the band (and name, actually) was conceived in 1994 and born in 1995.

lharris92 September 8th 2019 09:42 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4224238)
Tim basically just confirmed you're right on twitter. :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the 10 disc box set 00952025 that this is surely all leading to :lol:

Ah cool :cool:

And yeah I was considering a box set release has potential - especially when Muse just announced their own for a 20th Anniversary :lol:

lharris92 September 8th 2019 09:47 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Oh and going off that logic then, the first two 0's are from the idea becoming a band then, and the 25 is well... 25 years :lol:

pjonze September 9th 2019 06:42 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lharris92 (Post 4224243)
Oh and going off that logic then, the first two 0's are from the idea becoming a band then, and the 25 is well... 25 years :lol:

Surely the first two zeroes would have to change if they released another set recorded live in any of the same years as previous releases. Otherwise another ESP&G set from 07 would be 00070725 again, instead it could be 01070725.

lharris92 September 9th 2019 09:28 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4224252)
Surely the first two zeroes would have to change if they released another set recorded live in any of the same years as previous releases. Otherwise another ESP&G set from 07 would be 00070725 again, instead it could be 01070725.

Very true

Foo3001 September 13th 2019 07:45 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Did they just re-release the 0707 ep with new added tracks?

Simon September 13th 2019 08:50 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4224344)
Did they just re-release the 0707 ep with new added tracks?

Seems they did, added two more songs they did that day but still missing one for whatever reason.

Foo3001 September 20th 2019 08:46 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Hell yes, the Roswell show!

Was just thinkin about the show the other day.

Too bad no Times Like These.. "it´s times like these you break a fucking string.."

Simon September 20th 2019 09:56 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
This one is actually another rebrand. It was uploaded on Rhapsody.com in 2008, as a digital EP. Strange that they just completely neglect to mention this show had anything to do with RealNetworks, considering how involved they were with everything.

Foo3001 September 20th 2019 10:06 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
This EP reminds me that the IYH period was the time when DG´s voice started going to shit.

EDIT : Luckily it also reminds me that the 2005 Stacked Actors jam was kinda cool

pjonze September 20th 2019 10:10 AM

Re: The new Spotify live release
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4224589)
This one is actually another rebrand. It was uploaded on Rhapsody.com in 2008, as a digital EP. Strange that they just completely neglect to mention this show had anything to do with RealNetworks, considering how involved they were with everything.

Why would they need to? Contractual obligations would long have been fulfilled and they didn't called Live In London Live At iTunes Festival.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.