Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Europe 2019 (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=173968)

O.B.gene October 12th 2018 10:17 AM

Europe 2019

holy shit, here we go again!!!

https://www.hurricane.de/de/tickets/

O.B.gene October 12th 2018 10:19 AM

Re: Europe 2019

Hurricane & Southside in Germany - June 2019.

More must be forthcoming surely?

pjonze October 12th 2018 10:25 AM

It's not like Germany got overlooked in 2018 and now these are 'make-up dates', so you've got to think it'll be more than just these 2.

It's the week before Download UK and the booker has talked a few times about wanting FF to headline, so if there's a UK show in this run that has to be a possibility.

It'd be nice if Ireland got a show this time around though.

O.B.gene October 12th 2018 10:26 AM

I think it's a given. This may be why there were so few UK dates in 2018, because they knew they'd blast us with loads next year. Perhaps.

lharris92 October 12th 2018 11:23 AM

An arena tour would be nice.

An academy tour would be great.

Playing all parts of the UK would be insane.

Will settle for just London though :p :cool:

aprilshack October 12th 2018 11:45 AM

Wembley? R&L? Manchester again? Anfield are allowed gigs now.

Johnson_Foo October 12th 2018 12:37 PM

Download is almost a cert surely? After the stadiums last summer Id be surprised if they do any of their own shows, although an all-day show in Finsbury or Hyde Park would be nice

aprilshack October 12th 2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4202727)
Download is almost a cert surely? After the stadiums last summer Id be surprised if they do any of their own shows, although an all-day show in Finsbury or Hyde Park would be nice

I take it would be more worth their while doing their own shows rather than fests? Can’t see them doing just one gig in the UK. Or secret shows? Going into meltdown...

pjonze October 12th 2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4202722)
Wembley? R&L? Manchester again? Anfield are allowed gigs now.

I dunno. They did their own headline gigs here this year - would you play 2 London stadium gigs one Summer and return to do Wembley the next?

There's no doubt they could sell the tickets, but as far as playing UK/Ireland in 2019 you'd assume festival dates or if they did do their own gigs it'd likely be Scotland/Ireland cos that was overlooked last time.

Becks12 October 12th 2018 12:43 PM

This is the week before Glastonbury so maybe they'll play there again! Yes I'm one of the chosen few who blagged tickets :cool:

Might go to this though, not been to hamburg so could make a mini break of it.

Becks12 October 12th 2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4202727)

Not Finsbury Park I hope, was a pain in the ass seeing qotsa there this year. Hour long beer queues and not enough water taps.Sound quality wasn't amazing either.

scottish_foo October 12th 2018 01:01 PM

My guess is that if they do Download they will be a UK exclusive, which is a major pain in the arse for those of us that live nowhere near it.

My days of camping are long gone.

It would be nice if they did a Murrayfield or Hampden show in Scotland but I'm doubtful it will happen.

aprilshack October 12th 2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottish_foo (Post 4202732)
My guess is that if they do Download they will be a UK exclusive, which is a major pain in the arse for those of us that live nowhere near it.

My days of camping are long gone.

It would be nice if they did a Murrayfield or Hampden show in Scotland but I'm doubtful it will happen.

Is there any way of not camping and staying elsewhere?

lharris92 October 12th 2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4202733)

There is but it's a bit of a distance.

Notts/Derby/anywhere inbetween

Becks12 October 12th 2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4202733)

There's not a whole lot nearby. I looked into it when Aerosmith played and decided not to bother as it was a lot of faff.
It's possible though but would have to preorder taxis or drive.

offbeatblink October 12th 2018 01:19 PM

Really thought the NOLA gigs were the odd exception for 2019. I guess Concrete & Gold goes into year 3.

Johnson_Foo October 12th 2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becks12 (Post 4202731)
Not Finsbury Park I hope, was a pain in the ass seeing qotsa there this year. Hour long beer queues and not enough water taps.Sound quality wasn't amazing either.

Was there for both Liam and Queens and it was a nightmare. Green Day in Hyde Park however was a really well run event and could [i]just[i] about fit with the schedule.

Download seems the obvious one, a nice Welsh date would go down very well too.

Johnson_Foo October 12th 2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4202729)
I dunno. They did their own headline gigs here this year - would you play 2 London stadium gigs one Summer and return to do Wembley the next?

There's no doubt they could sell the tickets, but as far as playing UK/Ireland in 2019 you'd assume festival dates or if they did do their own gigs it'd likely be Scotland/Ireland cos that was overlooked last time.

Thats my school of thought, I just can't see any more stadium dates, although I hope im wrong

Becks12 October 12th 2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4202738)
Was there for both Liam and Queens and it was a nightmare. Green Day in Hyde Park however was a really well run event and could [i]just[i] about fit with the schedule.

Download seems the obvious one, a nice Welsh date would go down very well too.

Or R&L maybe? Could they do both or would download tie them in as an exclusive

aprilshack October 12th 2018 01:54 PM

Or a uk version of Cal Jam!

Foo3001 October 12th 2018 01:55 PM

Iím already starting to fuel my hopeless wishes for TINTL 20th anniversary shows.

Becks12 October 12th 2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4202741)
Or a uk version of Cal Jam!

Yes! Make it happen!

Simon October 12th 2018 02:48 PM

My guess would be these are "payday" festival appearances to make sure the tour crew are covered whilst they aren't touring for most of the year and onwards into their usual "hiatus". They've done this in the past years, either taking high paying festival offers or private/special booking shows. Like those in NOLA, FF have clearly been paid handsomely for those, going by the ticket prices.

As such, I personally wouldn't expect any big Foo headline shows announced, but you never know of course. I guess small warmups aren't out of the question.

Also for these twin festivals specifically, they were presumably outbid by Rock Am/Im this year.

O.B.gene October 12th 2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offbeatblink (Post 4202737)
I guess Concrete & Gold goes into year 3.

...unless we're onto Album #10? At this point, we really don't know with this band, we guess and half the time it's completely wrong.

Johnson_Foo October 12th 2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4202747)
My guess would be these are "payday" festival appearances to make sure the tour crew are covered whilst they aren't touring for most of the year and onwards into their usual "hiatus". They've done this in the past years, either taking high paying festival offers or private/special booking shows. Like those in NOLA, FF have clearly been paid handsomely for those, going by the ticket prices.

As such, I personally wouldn't expect any big Foo headline shows announced, but you never know of course. I guess small warmups aren't out of the question.

Also for these twin festivals specifically, they were presumably outbid by Rock Am/Im this year.

A UK exclusive at download would work with this theory I assume?

O.B.gene October 12th 2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4202728)
Going into meltdown...

you do this every time April :lol:

aprilshack October 12th 2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4202754)
you do this every time April :lol:

I know. They canít be like a normal band and have a long break between tours and albums can they, oh no, just stress poor April out on purpose!:p

Simon October 12th 2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4202751)
A UK exclusive at download would work with this theory I assume?

It would, yes. Basically only doing gigs where there is no big up-front cost to them, just a big ass fee to turn up and play a festival or show.

Just a guess though, I should stress.

wol October 12th 2018 04:39 PM

Interesting. And very pricy.

I am going to wait patiently and see what next year has to offer before rushing into anything AGAIN. I think I can do it.

Becks12 October 12th 2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wol (Post 4202758)
Interesting. And very pricy.

I am going to wait patiently and see what next year has to offer before rushing into anything AGAIN. I think I can do it.

We've already priced up flights (airmiles plus £35) and are mid discussion about if we're physically capable of two festivals in a week (probably).

HeroDunDun October 12th 2018 05:47 PM

Damn it Foos, I didn't think I'd be having to worry about this again for at least another year :P

Download sounds like a logical possibility, though I'd always prefer their own gigs.

How does Download work? Is it tickets on sale after bands are announced or one of those ones you have to buy the tickets and hope for the best?

O.B.gene October 12th 2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becks12 (Post 4202759)
We've already priced up flights (airmiles plus £35) and are mid discussion about if we're physically capable of two festivals in a week (probably).

Who's 'we' Becky? ;)

Becks12 October 12th 2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4202764)
Who's 'we' Becky? ;)

My gig buddy Katherine. Proudly introduced her to the rail on night 2. She loved it (bar starcrawler)

aprilshack October 12th 2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becks12 (Post 4202769)
My gig buddy Katherine. Proudly introduced her to the rail on night 2. She loved it (bar starcrawler)

Let's hope they aren't invited back. Don't fancy being slapped/spat at/having to drink water with spit in.

Becks12 October 12th 2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4202774)
Let's hope they aren't invited back. Don't fancy being slapped/spat at/having to drink water with spit in.

We went to reading and they were there, we voted with our feet!
Same as kenrick lamar.

littledarkpoet October 15th 2018 12:11 PM

Well... these German shows seemed a surprise...

You'd think there would be UK festivals, I mean Download, Reading, IOW, TRNSMT, BST, are all likely candidates for the UK. Though if you're strictly looking at payday's the Foo's headline shows will always blow any UK festival fees right out of the water..

I think shows like TRNSMT and BST are almost headline shows anyway, they aren't real festivals in the traditonal sense, with generally a couple of stages.

IOW ticket prices are pretty cheap for a Foo show, it'd be cool if they'd play Reading, next year would be 7 years since they last played.. and I cannot believe that myself.. seven years.. when did that happen.

Johnson_Foo October 15th 2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littledarkpoet (Post 4202837)

You'd think there would be UK festivals, I mean Download, Reading, IOW, TRNSMT, BST, are all likely candidates for the UK. Though if you're strictly looking at payday's the Foo's headline shows will always blow any UK festival fees right out of the water..

I think shows like TRNSMT and BST are almost headline shows anyway, they aren't real festivals in the traditonal sense, with generally a couple of stages.

IOW ticket prices are pretty cheap for a Foo show, it'd be cool if they'd play Reading, next year would be 7 years since they last played.. and I cannot believe that myself.. seven years.. when did that happen.

BST would be great and a decent payday, in July though (?) so might not fit the schedule

Simon October 15th 2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littledarkpoet (Post 4202837)

Foo headline shows have upfront costs that take a while to recover though, hiring the stages, stage hands, one off staff, advertising, logistics etc etc. Festivals are far simpler, they just have to turn up with their gear, a bit of a stage setup, and play.

Epic Failure October 15th 2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroDunDun (Post 4202763)

How does Download work? Is it tickets on sale after bands are announced or one of those ones you have to buy the tickets and hope for the best?

They do early bird tickets where you have to hope for the best, but that's only probably 20% of the tickets. The rest go on sale after they start announcing. From experience, it has never sold out quickly.

Becks12 October 16th 2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic Failure (Post 4202858)
They do early bird tickets where you have to hope for the best, but that's only probably 20% of the tickets. The rest go on sale after they start announcing. From experience, it has never sold out quickly.

They do day tickets which is easier than having to buy for the whole festival. For download Paris I got two day tickets but it would have worked out cheaper to buy an early bird one.

Reading would suit me better as we get guest tickets :D