Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Your latest Foo item?! (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=131568)

O.B.gene November 26th 2019 08:11 PM

Re: Your latest Foo item?!

omg me too

wol November 26th 2019 08:44 PM

I finally replaced the white Foo London mug I broke and I might have gotten a Foo cookie cutter as well so better start baking.

lharris92 November 26th 2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wol (Post 4226419)
I finally replaced the white Foo London mug I broke and I might have gotten a Foo cookie cutter as well so better start baking.

woop woop.

FooZealand November 29th 2019 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharris92 (Post 4226409)
Was only in the last week or so... when I opened up the main show posters tube that Patchwerk had kindly held onto for me for almost 5 months the one I had bought wasn't in there... so I got confused very quickly and couldn't work out where it was, so I kinda bought the a/p as a buffer just in case - then realised that you'd given me a little tube which it had just about fit into and brought it home myself... found it in my storage with all my other posters :o :lol:

Lessons were learnt in checking first before buying but oh well :p

edit: Must add that this was at about midnight too so tiredness was a factor...

Lots of talk about mugs lol. Yet the golden rule is Buy First and Check Later :lol:
So you're still safe

FooZealand November 29th 2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4226410)
Im about to embark on the monumental task of cataloging my foo collection - this may take some time as I have A LOT of stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just be careful - I had JUST my music collection to around '15 online for a long time - and on Discogs. And overall it caused me more grief than I got satisfaction from just being able to show it.

5 years on, there are even better reasons not to be a target online or physically. Do it sure - just be careful how/where you show it. Putting it all in one place where it's constantly visible is now asking for trouble. It sucks but it will suck way more if...

Poppy4580 November 29th 2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooZealand (Post 4226482)
Just be careful - I had JUST my music collection to around '15 online for a long time - and on Discogs. And overall it caused me more grief than I got satisfaction from just being able to show it.

5 years on, there are even better reasons not to be a target online or physically. Do it sure - just be careful how/where you show it. Putting it all in one place where it's constantly visible is now asking for trouble. It sucks but it will suck way more if...

Itís a reference list for me - so I donít keep buying stuff I already have :lol:

Poppy4580 November 29th 2019 01:58 PM

Won this on Ebay yesterday - test pressing of Chris's Hard Lessons signed by Chris for the bargain price of $18.50!

FooZealand December 1st 2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4226483)
Itís a reference list for me - so I donít keep buying stuff I already have :lol:

Yep that get's important - I save all images and pages/listings for everything I buy as well. That stuff always ends up useful over time too.

FooZealand December 1st 2019 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4226485)
Won this on Ebay yesterday - test pressing of Chris's Hard Lessons signed by Chris for the bargain price of $18.50!

And someone got told in no uncertain terms that he was not allowed to bid :lol:

Poppy4580 December 1st 2019 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooZealand (Post 4226504)
And someone got told in no uncertain terms that he was not allowed to bid :lol:

I donít think I used bad language....but I did tell you to back off :lol:

FooZealand December 4th 2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4226505)
I donít think I used bad language....but I did tell you to back off :lol:

Yeah... and backing off from NZ means Antarctica :eek:

Fuckers still haven't EVER played THAT continent :lol:

michaelroy December 14th 2019 04:06 PM

One and only, Wembley Stadium DVD

FooZealand December 14th 2019 04:25 PM

My misspent youth... Aka - how collector hell was born in the 1980's :lol:

http://forum.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=180672

FooZealand December 17th 2019 04:22 PM

This has hit eBay US in the last few days. I didnt see it come up earlier in Europe (though it did briefly). It's clearly a German bootleg working its way through the normal channels; so the vinyl pressing quality might well be pretty good, though no way to tell what the source used was.

Dr Nick Riviera January 9th 2020 06:32 AM

As the board is shutting down. Where do us Foo Collectors reside in the future? Thanks to all for everything through the years! Every info, insight, everything!

matineeidyll January 9th 2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera (Post 4227762)
As the board is shutting down. Where do us Foo Collectors reside in the future? Thanks to all for everything through the years! Every info, insight, everything!

There's an FB group for collectors of their tour posters: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2199198376968860/

But we could definitely use one for general merch!

wol January 9th 2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matineeidyll (Post 4227776)
There's an FB group for collectors of their tour posters: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2199198376968860/

But we could definitely use one for general merch!

We need something like this on IG as well :thumbsup:

EdFurlong January 10th 2020 01:24 AM

I know I've asked this before, but didn't keep details of the artist, and now I can't even see the poster listed on Expresso Beans.

I've been ISO for ages, the Acoustic Tour poster from the Sydney Opera House in October 2006. Still my favourite ever concert, and it kills me that I don't have a poster. I know there's a few small knock-off prints out there, but am still holding out hope for the real deal.

Any help appreciate before this board disappears!!

lharris92 January 10th 2020 07:54 AM

Sorry won't be able to help you there. :(

no code January 10th 2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera (Post 4227762)

I've been away for a while. But is this true? Is the Postboard shutting down?

That's sad news. Many hours spent here. Good times