Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   General Foo Discussion (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Current setlists (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171506)

Foo3001 October 18th 2017 06:15 AM

Current setlists
 
Dunno if this should be in Tour Talk or not,

As it's more like the set in general than a specific show I thought this would be ok -

as I've whined about the setlists in the past I'm really happy to say that the current ones have been amazing. I thought already that my days of catching every live show I can are over but if they keep these kinda sets in the future I'll definitely be going to the shows whenever I can in the future aswell!

Felipe. October 18th 2017 07:53 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
I'm so fucking glad to see Let it Die back in it, I'm seeing them in february, hope it's included.

Disbet October 20th 2017 01:49 AM

Re: Current setlists
 
I love Enough Space. It's shown up at least twice recently.

Beckiii October 20th 2017 12:41 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disbet (Post 4174962)
I love Enough Space. It's shown up at least twice recently.

If they do Enough Space at the London Stadium show next year I can die happy!

Walt Flanagan's Dog October 24th 2017 12:48 AM

Re: Current setlists
 
Setlists shouldn't define a show. They do with his band however.

There was a time when they would just play all their "hits" / singles and fill time with the odd extra. Now they don't even do that and have taken to playing 3 or 4 covers in place of covering their back catalog.

I just looked at three shows. And each one skipped an entire album and 2 albums only had 1 song played. On top of that, it's the usual suspects.

Disappointing.

eerscore October 24th 2017 01:14 AM

Re: Current setlists
 
I think with nine albums, an EP, dozens of b-sides and a plethora of fan-favorite covers and rarities, it has to be nearly impossible to craft a set list. That said, youíre always going to have that one done you want to hear that doesnít make the cut. Not to mention, the current tour is always going to be heavy with the current album theyíre out in support of.

When you consider they play 25-30 songs a night, itís tough to ask for more. At least they change up the sets. Iíve been a fan of some banda over they years that fall into that rut of playing the same show time after time.

trevgreg October 24th 2017 01:31 AM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt Flanagan's Dog (Post 4175811)
Setlists shouldn't define a show. They do with his band however.

There was a time when they would just play all their "hits" / singles and fill time with the odd extra. Now they don't even do that and have taken to playing 3 or 4 covers in place of covering their back catalog.

I just looked at three shows. And each one skipped an entire album and 2 albums only had 1 song played. On top of that, it's the usual suspects.

Disappointing.

Not singling you out here... but outside of the covers thing maybe, this is the exact same thing that's posted on every band's message board. In the end, unless we're going to more than one show (or trying to justify it), or watching every single one via an Internet link, any thoughts on it or more or less going to come down to whether you're a "huge" fan of the said act or not.

Here's a few threads for other bands... replace a "Basket Case" with "Everlong" and it's basically the same thing, haha.

Green Day: http://www.greendaycommunity.org/top...st-discussion/

Metallica: https://www.reddit.com/r/avengedseve..._tour_setlist/

Weezer: https://www.reddit.com/r/weezer/comm..._the_set_list/

U2: http://www.u2interference.com/forums...re-207205.html

Paul McCartney: http://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/...70250a73fdd598

Avenged Sevenfold: https://www.reddit.com/r/avengedseve..._tour_setlist/

Foo Fighters (us, again): forum.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=166339

Guns n’ Roses: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?...s-live/&page=1

The Killers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheKillers/...stale_setlist/

Red Hot Chili Peppers: https://www.reddit.com/r/RedHotChili...ale_for_years/

Paramore: https://www.reddit.com/r/Paramore/co...setlist_sucks/

Duran Duran: http://duranduranboard.proboards.com.../34858/setlist

Coldplay: http://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/com...g_the_setlist/

The Rolling Stones: www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2223054,page=1

AC/DC: http://www.acdcfans.net/forum/commen...cussionID=8730

Depeche Mode: https://www.reddit.com/r/depechemode..._tour_setlist/

Muse: https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/commen...o_worry_about/

Arcade Fire: https://www.reddit.com/r/arcadefire/...list_thoughts/


And even the supposed examples of set list variety aren't immune to it either, shockingly...

Radiohead: https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/c...tour_setlists/

PJ: http://community.pearljam.com/discus...n-monday-night

Springsteen: http://www.greasylake.org/the-circui...bout-setlists/

wicked_gravity October 24th 2017 08:27 AM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disbet (Post 4174962)
I love Enough Space. It's shown up at least twice recently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckiii (Post 4175096)
If they do Enough Space at the London Stadium show next year I can die happy!

:thumbsup: Enough Space has always been one of my favorites, especially live!

Solo P October 24th 2017 09:02 AM

Re: Current setlists
 
There's 9 albums and probably 100 or more Foo Fighters tunes of which everyone has favorites, but they sound incredible live and all their songs are pretty rad.
So there's that going for us. 😊

Foo3001 October 24th 2017 10:33 AM

Re: Current setlists
 
I'm just glad they dropped the Chevy Metal - part out of the set. I think the whole deal was the worst idea ever.

Johnson_Foo October 24th 2017 01:11 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevgreg (Post 4175825)
Not singling you out here... but outside of the covers thing maybe, this is the exact same thing that's posted on every band's message board. In the end, unless we're going to more than one show (or trying to justify it), or watching every single one via an Internet link, any thoughts on it or more or less going to come down to whether you're a "huge" fan of the said act or not.

Here's a few threads for other bands... replace a "Basket Case" with "Everlong" and it's basically the same thing, haha.

Green Day: http://www.greendaycommunity.org/top...st-discussion/

Metallica: https://www.reddit.com/r/avengedseve..._tour_setlist/

Weezer: https://www.reddit.com/r/weezer/comm..._the_set_list/

U2: http://www.u2interference.com/forums...re-207205.html

Paul McCartney: http://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/...70250a73fdd598

Avenged Sevenfold: https://www.reddit.com/r/avengedseve..._tour_setlist/

Foo Fighters (us, again): forum.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=166339

Guns ní Roses: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?...s-live/&page=1

The Killers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheKillers/...stale_setlist/

Red Hot Chili Peppers: https://www.reddit.com/r/RedHotChili...ale_for_years/

Paramore: https://www.reddit.com/r/Paramore/co...setlist_sucks/

Duran Duran: http://duranduranboard.proboards.com.../34858/setlist

Coldplay: http://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/com...g_the_setlist/

The Rolling Stones: www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2223054,page=1

AC/DC: http://www.acdcfans.net/forum/commen...cussionID=8730

Depeche Mode: https://www.reddit.com/r/depechemode..._tour_setlist/

Muse: https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/commen...o_worry_about/

Arcade Fire: https://www.reddit.com/r/arcadefire/...list_thoughts/


And even the supposed examples of set list variety aren't immune to it either, shockingly...

Radiohead: https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/c...tour_setlists/

PJ: http://community.pearljam.com/discus...n-monday-night

Springsteen: http://www.greasylake.org/the-circui...bout-setlists/

I regularly post on GDC, Jesus that place is never happy

trevgreg October 24th 2017 01:41 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4175870)
I regularly post on GDC, Jesus that place is never happy

I think it applies to most online discussion forums anyway. Sometimes I'll venture onto, say, a Star Wars forum to see what's going on... and it's the same type of comments except it's about the movies.

mjgm84 October 24th 2017 05:20 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
When was the last time they played something off Sonic Highways ? I always thought Something from Nothing and Congregation sounded great live.

Simon October 24th 2017 05:36 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjgm84 (Post 4175900)
When was the last time they played something off Sonic Highways ? I always thought Something from Nothing and Congregation sounded great live.

https://www.foofighterslive.com/album/sonic-highways-12

The two you mention are the only ones they've played this tour, every few shows.

matineeidyll October 24th 2017 09:25 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
It boggles the mind why, except for that one obligatory performance, they totally skipped over 'The Feast and the Famine'.

SlipKid815 October 24th 2017 09:38 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by matineeidyll (Post 4175931)
It boggles the mind why, except for that one obligatory performance, they totally skipped over 'The Feast and the Famine'.

I legit suspect Dave canít remember all the words :p Though I suppose that hasnít stopped him before.

Tarquin October 24th 2017 10:09 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by matineeidyll (Post 4175931)
It boggles the mind why, except for that one obligatory performance, they totally skipped over 'The Feast and the Famine'.

They played it twice, once in DC at Black Cat (happy anniversary!) and at NOLA House of Blues. Too bad, because I think it was one of the keepers off of that record and it worked live both times.

mingo05 October 24th 2017 10:11 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
We got Enough Space in Richmond and then later on Wheels :o

I'm also enjoying the lack of covers. I went to 3 shows this tour and only got one cover, Bitch.

Walt Flanagan's Dog October 25th 2017 04:43 AM

Re: Current setlists
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevgreg (Post 4175825)

Nah you're fine, I made the same complaint most do. And I appreciate your extensive response and research. Damn. Are you studying journalism or something?

I am shocked and appalled to see PJ in your list. They always set the bar for me live. But it is somewhat fair and I've seen it with them too. Two big shows in one major city and they play it safe.

The thing that bugs me with foo and bands similar. You're touring every 2-3 years in the same places and you'd have to know it's majority same crowd. And it's basically four old singles dropped for four new singles.
Granted they do each tour try bring something new.
The lengthy jams, Acoustic stage, Covers. But the rest stays the same.
I've talked to their crew a lot about it over the years and I know it'll never change. They're a well oiled machine that puts on an amazing performance. And that's the difference, it's more of a stage show than a rock show.

But even the Stones throw it to their fans to pick out some rarities each night.
A true real fucking live band can pull out 80% of their catalogue at the drop of a hat.

DaveCuomo November 1st 2017 08:16 PM

Re: Current setlists
 
Id give my left nut if they added febuary stars to the spokane areana setlist in december. I tear up everytime I hear that song. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.