Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Fotos (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Foo Fighters Guitar Picks (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=125151)

Emily September 15th 2008 03:58 AM

Foo Fighters Guitar Picks

Here is my Foo Fighters guitar pick collection. If anyone has other picks to share please do so!

Dave Grohl Picks

Dave's white picks for ESPG (I put a red background to see them better)

Dave's grey picks for ESPG

Nate's bad ass "pussy in the palm of his hand" picks.

There are ESPG picks made for Nate but he has yet to use them. I never got Nate's "Saul Goode" picks and would love one for my collection. (hint, hint). I have many duplicates of others.

Emily September 15th 2008 04:01 AM

Re: Foo Fighters Guitar Picks

Shifty's Picks

other sides:

Pat's Picks. The first one has nothing on the back - he used for Acoustic tour. (I want his grey pick that he uses now).

NESSIE September 15th 2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily (Post 2816052)

Nate's bad ass "pussy in the palm of his hand" picks.

Love these! Nate, you dirty little bugger! :p :)

Thanks for sharing!

geo. September 15th 2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily (Post 2816052)

There are ESPG picks made for Nate but he has yet to use them.

Are the Saul Goode ones not ESPG picks?:rolleyes:

Emily September 15th 2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory Grace (Post 2816133)
Are the Saul Goode ones not ESPG picks?:rolleyes:

Why the sarcasm? I'm not sure what is on his newest picks that were made for this ESPG tour and not used yet. He doesn't go through picks like Dave and Chris. He even saves his same one from night to night a lot lol. Puts it carefully back. While Dave is running around with different picks left and right. to answer your question, Nate's "Saul Goode" ones are older, not ESPG. They were used from at least as far back as TNLTL tour up until no later than 2005 I would say. The first time that I saw his kitty cat ones was 2005 when I got some.

geo. September 15th 2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily (Post 2816368)
Why the sarcasm? I'm not sure what is on his newest picks that were made for this ESPG tour and not used yet. He doesn't go through picks like Dave and Chris. He even saves his same one from night to night a lot lol. Puts it carefully back. While Dave is running around with different picks left and right. to answer your question, Nate's "Saul Goode" ones are older, not ESPG. They were used from at least as far back as 2000 up until no later than 2005 I would say. The first time that I saw his kitty cat ones was 2005 when I got some.

Oh,:o well I presumed "Saul Goode" were the ESPG ones because I'd seen one with the amp/bomb thing on the otherside...

Emily September 15th 2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory Grace (Post 2816388)
Oh,:o well I presumed "Saul Goode" were the ESPG ones because I'd seen one with the amp/bomb thing on the otherside...

Haven't seen that. That must be it. When did you see that? Nate was using the kitty ones the times I've seen them recently. End of July I was told that he hadn't used those ESPG ones yet and was still using kitty ones (this was told to me by his bass tech so I figured he should know lol. But obviously Nate must have used the ESPG I just never noticed. Weird... cause Geof would have given me those if he had them. I'll have to ask again.) The old Saul Goode ones matched Dave's Les Dudis and Shifty's Shifty ones and had the circle FF on the other side. I got those in 2000 but never the Nate one. They were still using those in 2003. Not sure about 2004. Wow now I need one of those ESPG Nate ones too. thanks! Anyone have extras? I am curious as to what other FF picks there are that I don't have. Thanks.

Emily September 15th 2008 02:50 PM

Come to think of it, now the newer Nate one that you mentioned is starting to ring a bell... makes sense. Maybe I have seen it but either way, I don't have it so thanks for the information. :)

Tofoostirfry September 15th 2008 03:31 PM

Chris's kid (on the right) looks EXACTLY like him!

Emily September 15th 2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tofoostirfry (Post 2816482)
Chris's kid (on the right) looks EXACTLY like him!

hah. totally! so cute.

Emily September 15th 2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory Grace (Post 2816388)

What was on the other side? Was it actually "Saul Goode" or something else. Do you know?

Emily September 15th 2008 05:14 PM

I will add that all picks I have are picks that I have gotten at actual shows, not bought on ebay or anything.

stu250 September 15th 2008 05:16 PM

i still play with my violet 'les dudis' one regularly - not much has rubbed off at all.
shiftys one with his 2 kids on however is much thinner and the faces are all but gone.
i'm onto using the dark grey espg ones now but i will prob save the dg 606 one.

stu.

EllyPirelly September 15th 2008 08:24 PM

Wow Emily, now youre bragging ;) .

Just kidding.

I love all of your picks.
I wont post pics of my picks.
I only have two Foo picks but one of them means the world to me :) .
(If you read this: Leecy, I will forever owe you. Seriously.)

Emily September 15th 2008 08:41 PM

Elly I really was looking to see if there are other ff guitar picks to see. lol. I didn't see any other threads with pictures of guitar picks so thought I would start one.

Emily September 15th 2008 08:44 PM

And I think it is neat to share/see what the picks look like. ;) I totally need the new Pat one! And other Nate ones.

EllyPirelly September 15th 2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily (Post 2816877)
Elly I really was looking to see if there are other ff guitar picks to see. lol. I didn't see any other threads with pictures of guitar picks so thought I would start one.

Im not complaining :D .

I love to see all those different picks.
Im sure you have some interesting stories to tell how you get some of them.

Emily September 15th 2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllyPirelly (Post 2816887)
Im not complaining :D .

I love to see all those different picks.
Im sure you have some interesting stories to tell how you get some of them.

lol well half the time these days BB is either throwing handfuls at me forcefully from the stage while I stand there laughing cause I have so many of Dave's already or he used to walk up and surprise me with handfuls. Chris has thrown his to me and I have caught it. There have been other ways I am sure.

EllyPirelly September 15th 2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily (Post 2816896)
lol well half the time these days BB is either throwing handfuls at me forcefully from the stage while I stand there laughing cause I have so many of Dave's already or he used to walk up and surprise me with handfuls. Chris has thrown his to me and I have caught it. There have been other ways I am sure.

:eek:

Any chance for a deal to trade a pick for a kickass bumper sticker ;) ?

(Sigh, well I guess you already have one?)

Jodie September 15th 2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESSIE (Post 2816065)
Love these! Nate, you dirty little bugger! :p :)

Thanks for sharing!

Ditto this! Damn, Nate! :D