Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   FooFighters.com (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   No piece of master tape with Wasting Light (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=148527)

BooMan April 12th 2011 03:46 PM

No piece of master tape with Wasting Light

I just bought the new Foo Fighters album and it said that a piece of master tape was included in the packaging, but it wasn't in there.

What should I do?

The cow April 12th 2011 03:55 PM

Re: No piece of master tape with Wasting Light

Go to store and tell 'em to get you a new one and then check right there if there's one in there.
At least give it a try-I mean you got nothing to lose.

Probot April 12th 2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooMan (Post 3481742)
I just bought the new Foo Fighters album and it said that a piece of master tape was included in the packaging, but it wasn't in there.

What should I do?

Don't worry about it. Enjoy the new album, and don't let not getting a piece of 2" tape ruin your day.

roquai April 12th 2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Probot (Post 3481831)
Don't worry about it. Enjoy the new album, and don't let not getting a piece of 2" tape ruin your day.

Correct.

Jill April 12th 2011 09:17 PM

Personally, I would return it to the store and request a new copy with the tape.

We can't help you out here I am afraid.

FooFincubus April 12th 2011 09:20 PM

Honestly, it's absolutely no big deal at all. It's not like it's a photograph negative or something. It's literally an insignificant piece of tape. I bought two copies, I'll send you a piece of mine if you really want it.

Mikicandle April 12th 2011 09:33 PM

You guys know if the tape is available with EVERY copy of wasting light? or is it just the US release?

Andy___ April 12th 2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikicandle (Post 3482267)
You guys know if the tape is available with EVERY copy of wasting light? or is it just the US release?

I got a piece here in the UK. I think it's a pre-order thing, and then some random copies get bits of it too.

I got no warning in the packaging though, so I imagine loads of people have not noticed it or thrown it out.

Mikicandle April 12th 2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy___ (Post 3482270)
I got a piece here in the UK. I think it's a pre-order thing, and then some random copies get bits of it too.

I got no warning in the packaging though, so I imagine loads of people have not noticed it or thrown it out.

Well :/ I was hoping to get one here in Brazil, but hell, there are no preorders here and even worst no fucking album today T_T I made my uncles get me Wasting Light in the US and I was hoping to get the tape... like a golden ticket to happy foo land~~~

legolas120 April 12th 2011 09:51 PM

While waiting for my deluxe set to arrive by snailmail I went to Best Buy and picked up the 2cd edition. The wrapper had a sticker that indicated there was a piece of tape included. Sure enough, there was a small strip, but I totally would have missed it had I not known what to look for. Alot smaller than I expected. I am sure quite a few just tossed it or it fell out upon first leaf through of the booklet.

Catswithoutaid April 12th 2011 10:20 PM

I bought the CD at HMV and I didn't get one, so your aren't alone but I didn't even realise everybody got one till tonight, so it's not a big deal.

foofrankie April 12th 2011 10:45 PM

I bought the standard digipack edition and I got one, and I'm from spain!

NickNickNick April 12th 2011 11:27 PM

Did you look in the booklet? Mine was in the middle of the booklet if I remember correctly.

ChrisDrummer4Life April 13th 2011 12:18 AM

No Master Tape, Gutted!

The reason I'm gutted the most is my friend opened it in the Apple Store, I have a feeling it's floating about in there. And I think I've threw my receipt away (or it's downstairs). I think I may return it if I find the receipt and goto HMV and buy it. I would really like some tape.

Cheers
Chris

mcafton April 13th 2011 01:39 AM

Re: No Master Tape, Gutted!

I didn't get my tape either. disappointed. :(

applefel April 13th 2011 01:39 AM

Re: No Master Tape, Gutted!

I wish you the best, you need to have your bit of tape...

mcafton April 13th 2011 01:52 AM

I didn't get the tape either. I bought it at best buy, and the packaging said it would be in there. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but i was also at the one night only fail, and so i am a little bummed. still love the foos, just a little disappointed.

Jamie2 April 13th 2011 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mime (Post 3483013)
It's a pretty cool collector's piece though, I'd probably a little bit disappointed.

I would be too.

awesome April 13th 2011 06:23 AM

I would give you one of mine since my copy had extra :O

jnine13 April 13th 2011 08:57 AM

It was hard to find mine in the cd I bought at Best Buy. It was in the booklet and it was almost the same color as the pages it was between. If you can't find them, it probably fell out when you opened it.