Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171490)

HeroDunDun October 14th 2017 01:26 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Featherhall (Post 4173555)
My question is does it guarantee a ticket ? As I understand the codes were limited to so many .
Also, Iím worried that itís a code anyone could use. Is it not linked to the email address of the owner of the code ?
I have to see them again and have already booked a hotel in Manchester.
Thanks folks

Couldn't be 100% sure but I would say no. It gives you a shot at buying up to four tickets per gig, presumably out of a set number of tickets available for the presale.
And considering there are a variety of presales (and that there needs to be a fair number of tickets left for the actual sale) I wouldn't expect the number of tickets per presale to be too high.

As far as I can tell it probably is a code anyone could use, but it seems to be that you can only use the code once with one name / address / email per gig.

HeroDunDun October 14th 2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeggbert (Post 4173556)
This is probably the dumbest question ever. Do presale codes only activate on the day? Had both Tues and Weds emails through and neither work...

I assume so, I've tried as well and just got a message to say when the presale starts so I imagine you'll need to wait till the day and put it in then.

scottish_foo October 14th 2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Smegger (Post 4173557)
Hi all.

First time posting.
Need some guidance as I am looking to purchase 4 tickets and I don't want to have any issues with regards to entry as some had at the O2.

Am I correct in assuming as long as the name of the person that purchased the ticket is present then the whole group is good to enter?

Or do you need to give individual names when booking?

Thanks

They check the purchaser only.

HeroDunDun October 14th 2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Smegger (Post 4173557)
Am I correct in assuming as long as the name of the person that purchased the ticket is present then the whole group is good to enter?

Or do you need to give individual names when booking?

Thanks

That should be the case, it will depend on whatever measures are put in place but I've certainly never been asked for individual names when booking tickets.

sunshinewelly October 14th 2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroDunDun (Post 4173564)
That should be the case, it will depend on whatever measures are put in place but I've certainly never been asked for individual names when booking tickets.

As far as I can tell there are no measures in place like it was at the O2. I think dave has said that for special gigs he wants the tickets limited to those who bought them. However for these gigs there are no warnings that he purchaser has to be present.

HeroDunDun October 14th 2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshinewelly (Post 4173565)
As far as I can tell there are no measures in place like it was at the O2. I think dave has said that for special gigs he wants the tickets limited to those who bought them. However for these gigs there are no warnings that he purchaser has to be present.

Which makes a certain kind of sense, ID checking 80,000 people or more isn't exactly easy or quick...
And you are much more likely to get a ticket to these events then for something like the O2.

O.B.gene October 14th 2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

I preordered the CD and got the email with presale code.
My question is does it guarantee a ticket ?

oh come on :lol:

Simon October 14th 2017 03:08 PM

OP updated with FAQs answered the best I can.

littledarkpoet October 14th 2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

My question is does it guarantee a ticket ? As I understand the codes were limited to so many

If it did our lives would be simple.

Featherhall October 14th 2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4173568)
oh come on :lol:

I did say it was probably a stupid question lol.
Thanks to everybody for replying

ipslim October 14th 2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4173570)
OP updated with FAQs answered the best I can.

Thanks Simon

A minor comment - the Sandbag help link is only going to help if you bought through storeuk.foofighters.com.
If you bought through shopuk.foofighters.com you need to mail customerservices@bsimerch.com

I had a very confusing set of interactions with Sandbag before the O2 gig as they'd never heard of me and it turned out I'd purchased through shopuk :-S

joeggbert October 14th 2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroDunDun (Post 4173561)
I assume so, I've tried as well and just got a message to say when the presale starts so I imagine you'll need to wait till the day and put it in then.

Thanks for the reply, thought I was going mad.

it keeps telling me the code is invalid, even when I copy and paste from the email!

O.B.gene October 14th 2017 06:06 PM

i thought this would be obvious guys

Simon October 14th 2017 06:14 PM

It'd be like turning up to the stadium with your ticket a week early. Ticket is valid, but you ain't getting in yet. :lol:

O.B.gene October 14th 2017 06:24 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (Please read FAQs)

It's like diving into a paddling pool before you've started filling it with water. or something. :cool:

joeggbert October 14th 2017 07:29 PM

Said paddling pool incident as a child explains my questions...

Just expected a different message than invalid code (such as turn the hose on, you numpty pillock).:p

mischief October 14th 2017 08:06 PM

The next two days are going to drag, roll on Foo'sday

HellYeah October 14th 2017 10:48 PM

OK, so last summer for the G&R show they advised no under 5's, and under 16's had to be accompanied by an adult 'on field of play only'. I can see no reason why it would need to be more draconian for Foos.....? Can't believe G&R fans (which obviously includes some of you) were all sitting on the pitch drinking tea with their little fingers stuck out.

Jovihammer October 15th 2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief (Post 4173284)
Blimey premier Inn are greedy bastards, I booked 2 nights for £234 they have now put others up to £400!

I got two nights ar Premier Inn Stratford for £157 immediately after the dates were announced

O.B.gene October 15th 2017 04:06 PM

Just got myself a hotel room right by Westfield, for both nights. Now I can relax and now rush out of there to get the train back home! Bring on next year!!