Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   FooFighters.com (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Trouble submitting story (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=180309)

Mcreily July 7th 2019 09:50 AM

Trouble submitting story

Anyone else having trouble submitting their “Tell us your FF story”. I can’t seem to submit mine. Help?!!

matineeidyll July 7th 2019 12:43 PM

Re: Trouble submitting story

What's happening or not happening exactly? A few people have had issues since the posts went out about it but it's possible that the server is congested. Run us through it and we'll try and figure it out.

When trying to upload media, I don't think a thumbnail will show up confirming that it's complete.

Mcreily July 7th 2019 01:29 PM

It comes up with. “There was an error submitting your story” and the upload just stays on 1%

aprilshack July 7th 2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matineeidyll (Post 4220857)
What's happening or not happening exactly? A few people have had issues since the posts went out about it but it's possible that the server is congested. Run us through it and we'll try and figure it out.

When trying to upload media, I don't think a thumbnail will show up confirming that it's complete.

There wasn't a thumnail on mine when uploading, just jpg.xxxxxxxx

Mcreily July 7th 2019 02:05 PM

Does it actually tell you when you’ve been successful?!

kathyp1637 July 7th 2019 08:02 PM

I was just able to submit. It says

"Thank you for your submission.
Your story has been filed. Stay tuned for more."

Mcreily July 7th 2019 08:27 PM

Yes it’s done!! May have been an overload of people trying or something? Who knows!!

Simon July 7th 2019 08:51 PM

Yep, lots of big videos and images being submitted. I'm glad you've now been successful but to anyone else reading this, just keep trying in 30/60 minute intervals. Should go eventually. :)

Poppy4580 July 8th 2019 07:06 PM

I don't know if mine went through or not. I didn't get an error message but I don't remember seeing a 'success' message either.

Any way of checking if it went through or should I just submit again just in case?

Simon July 8th 2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4220940)
I don't know if mine went through or not. I didn't get an error message but I don't remember seeing a 'success' message either.

Any way of checking if it went through or should I just submit again just in case?

You could try emailing them, but if there was no error it should've gone through in theory.

FoosHQ@gmail.com

IamBec January 10th 2020 07:55 AM

Can you also retract stories? :lol:

Emily January 10th 2020 01:47 PM

I had trouble as my large video would never upload when I tried. Then someone told me to upload it to youtube and submit a link and that worked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamBec (Post 4228720)
Can you also retract stories? :lol:

:lol: