Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2018 UK Tour Dates (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171856)

em_star79 January 5th 2018 02:03 AM

2018 UK Tour Dates

Any chance the lads will add a date for the MK Bowl after the 2 nights in London? Or are the Reading Festival rumors true??

aprilshack January 5th 2018 06:47 AM

Re: 2018 UK Tour Dates

Quote:

Originally Posted by em_star79 (Post 4182722)
Any chance the lads will add a date for the MK Bowl after the 2 nights in London? Or are the Reading Festival rumors true??

I very much doubt they will add MK dates when they are doing 2 nights in London. As for R&L, who knows?

Johnson_Foo January 5th 2018 07:39 AM

They're touted for Reading EVERYWHERE. It doesn't mean it's true but I'm pretty expectant of them playing

FrenchEnemies January 5th 2018 10:05 AM

oh man, just saw the Pixies are also rumoured?!

would LOVE to see the Pixies

I'll take the Foos too :D

Johnson_Foo January 5th 2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies (Post 4182744)

I really hope Foos play reading I've needed a good enough lineup to go for years

Georgia January 5th 2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4182736)
They're touted for Reading EVERYWHERE. It doesn't mean it's true but I'm pretty expectant of them playing

I'm quite sure they will do R&L :D :D I wonder when first announcement is?

Johnson_Foo January 5th 2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia (Post 4182755)
I'm quite sure they will do R&L :D :D I wonder when first announcement is?

End of the month I think - if they play I'll go for the whole weekend which would be great :D

dave_patch January 5th 2018 04:59 PM

Foos with Pixies playing before please R&L! :thumbsup:

Johnson_Foo January 5th 2018 05:17 PM

Was hoping for QOTSA to headline one day but after the whole kicking thing that's unlikely

wol January 5th 2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies (Post 4182744)

I have seen the Pixies three times now and man, they are brilliant!

So yes please.

em_star79 January 5th 2018 08:19 PM

I'm seeing the Pixies with Weezer and I thought that was exciting. But Foos and Pixies ... 👌👍

Johnson_Foo January 5th 2018 09:25 PM

Very excited for the lineup to come out

baggie92 January 22nd 2018 11:04 AM

Anyone think we will hear anything this week?

O.B.gene January 22nd 2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggie92 (Post 4184041)
Anyone think we will hear anything this week?

...regarding? :cool:

baggie92 January 22nd 2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4184042)
...regarding? :cool:

FF's being at Reading & Leeds?

lharris92 January 22nd 2018 12:53 PM

Not this week.

All about Kendrick Lamar for R&L now!

scottish_foo January 22nd 2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em_star79 (Post 4182788)
I'm seeing the Pixies with Weezer and I thought that was exciting. But Foos and Pixies ... 👌👍

Having seen both a number of times, the only down side is that whoever supports is going to really rock and will you have any energy left for the headliner?!!

Pixies are unbelievably good live.

FrenchEnemies January 26th 2018 07:14 PM

I'm still not seeing any news about FF for Reading...

anyone know if/when Leeds & Reading tickets normally sell out?

If they do announce FF + Pixies then I'm keen to get myself there, but I don't want to buy tickets and then end up stuck with Kendrick Lamar (nothing against him, he's just not the Foos)

Johnson_Foo January 27th 2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies (Post 4184665)
I'm still not seeing any news about FF for Reading...

anyone know if/when Leeds & Reading tickets normally sell out?

If they do announce FF + Pixies then I'm keen to get myself there, but I don't want to buy tickets and then end up stuck with Kendrick Lamar (nothing against him, he's just not the Foos)

Still nothing announced for Reading this year - but the weekend tickets normally sell out June/July and day tickets depend on the artist - some days they sell out other times they don't

O.B.gene January 27th 2018 09:35 PM

If Foo Fighters are headlining Reading/Leeds Festival, it would be announced while they're here in the UK next month.

FrenchEnemies January 27th 2018 10:29 PM

Thanks!

Ok that's pretty reassuring, sounds like I can wait and see then.

pjonze January 30th 2018 08:25 AM

BBC Music’s ‘The Biggest Weekend’ is over the May bank holiday weekend - Radio One have Ed Sheeran & Taylor Swift in Swansea, Radio 2 have Noel Gallagher in Perth, 6Music are in Belfast with Beck and the Manics... I’d half expected an FF appearence due to the fact it’s just before German Festival dates.

They’re plugging many more announcements so we’ll see.

aprilshack January 30th 2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4184940)
BBC Music’s ‘The Biggest Weekend’ is over the May bank holiday weekend - Radio One have Ed Sheeran & Taylor Swift in Swansea, Radio 2 have Noel Gallagher in Perth, 6Music are in Belfast with Beck and the Manics... I’d half expected an FF appearence due to the fact it’s just before German Festival dates.

Ooh Southport floral hall! :p

Becks12 January 30th 2018 01:28 PM

I went to Reading last year. The lineup was good but my god, it was like being at a teenage disco! I think 90% of the clientele were aged between 15 and 20. I can't really complain as I went there when I was 15 but I was there for the music and rather than being there to take vast quantities of narcotics. How do they even afford it? :eek:
We went in the tent ahead of QOTSA's "surprise" gig and you could spot who was there for QOTSA as we were all about 20 years older than everyone else in there!
I'll go if Foos are playing though :lol: :lol:

FrenchEnemies January 30th 2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becks12 (Post 4184970)
I went to Reading last year. The lineup was good but my god, it was like being at a teenage disco! I think 90% of the clientele were aged between 15 and 20. I can't really complain as I went there when I was 15 but I was there for the music and rather than being there to take vast quantities of narcotics. How do they even afford it? :eek:
We went in the tent ahead of QOTSA's "surprise" gig and you could spot who was there for QOTSA as we were all about 20 years older than everyone else in there!

Yeah that's what I heard about Reading too...

But hey maybe they'll get some of Glastonbury's business this year, and the dynamics will shift a bit? We can always hope :lol:

HellYeah January 30th 2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Looks like only 15% of the tickets will be available to people outside of the wider area around Swansea, Perth, Coventry or Belfast. So you'll need to be very lucky if your credit card isn't registered to the right postcodes. Good to see them go outside of London though.

Georgia January 30th 2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Do you think they'd do it but not headline?? Last the T-Swizzle played under them. :confused:

Quote:

I went to Reading last year. The lineup was good but my god, it was like being at a teenage disco!

Thats the main reason why I hate Reading/Leeds

Quote:

I'll go if Foos are playing though :lol: :lol

and... that's the only reason why I'd go to Reading/Leeds this year :D :lol:

O.B.gene January 30th 2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia (Post 4184985)
Do you think they'd do it but not headline??

ARE YOU CRAZY!? :lol: :D

Georgia January 30th 2018 05:24 PM

I can see them doing a surprise, but if they're announced under the current headliners :eek:

FrenchEnemies January 30th 2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia (Post 4184989)
I can see them doing a surprise, but if they're announced under the current headliners :eek:

Well, if the headliners are Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran... they're kind of in a different league, aren't they? The Foos are big but they're not that big

O.B.gene January 30th 2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies (Post 4184994)
Well, if the headliners are Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran... they're kind of in a different league, aren't they? The Foos are big but they're not that big

:confused:

Georgia January 30th 2018 06:02 PM

Im just going off R1 Big Weekend a few years ago when FF were above Taylor. But also looking at other weekends - and festivals last year, all of which they headlined. Maybe Im naive.:o

FrenchEnemies January 30th 2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia (Post 4184996)
Im just going off R1 Big Weekend a few years ago when FF were above Taylor. But also looking at other weekends - and festivals last year, all of which they headlined. Maybe Im naive.:o

I really don't see them above Taylor these days, but maybe co-headliners? Eh, I don't really know... they're headlining in my heart, that's for sure :lol:

Daxter January 30th 2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4184941)
Ooh Southport floral hall! :p

That would be perfect. Can we make this a plan? Although if they did play a localish gig and I ended up not getting tickets I’d be heart broken.

Becks12 January 31st 2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia (Post 4184985)
Do you think they'd do it but not headline?? Last the T-Swizzle played under them.

Thats the main reason why I hate Reading/Leeds

and... that's the only reason why I'd go to Reading/Leeds this year :D :lol:

I had a good time last year, but I got a "guest ticket" so I had a nice VIP bar that the riffraff weren't allowed in :lol: :lol: Had benches, actual seating! The age range back there was notably older and the general atmosphere was calmer.
I have no need for a "VIP" bar usually but this was good. Also it had shade, it was very hot!

Alex947 January 31st 2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

That is the only downside about Reading for me! I went '14, '15' and '16 and it genuinely seemed to attract more of the GCSE age each year! I still had a great weekend all three years though and despite the usual pushing in between acts, the crowd is generally fine. If Foos are announced i'll be getting a day ticket at least!

aprilshack January 31st 2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daxter (Post 4185006)
That would be perfect. Can we make this a plan? Although if they did play a localish gig and I ended up not getting tickets I’d be heart broken.

Be ace if they did the Cavern!

dolittle January 31st 2018 09:04 PM

Efestivals has...
Pixies(SR)
Foo Fighters(SR)

Apparently if they say its just a rumor they are hardly ever wrong if its a strong rumor they have never been wrong. I just hope they don't clash seeing pixies kim deal left the band and not a main stage headliner anymore so prob headline nme/radio one stage. Happy days if they don't :D

lharris92 January 31st 2018 11:33 PM

Efestivals are solid, even if there is bands being a "Strong Rumour" all it means is that they have had several sources tell them its likely. A rumour for efests can be people just talking about bands being in the frame for playing.

If they put TBC then its pretty much nailed on, they don't get those wrong often, and only would change it to TBC when they are 100% sure.

Although the Foos + Pixies have been on there a fair amount of time being rumoured, so they've had nothing in the last few months to change that - it had been mentioned at the time.

It's strange for Reading and Leeds to not have announced someone yet, considering the last few years they've been announcing at least one headliner + a few other bands by this time.

Still, if I was interested in it I'd prefer it how they used to announce it... all at once in March.

Becks12 February 1st 2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex947 (Post 4185080)
That is the only downside about Reading for me! I went '14, '15' and '16 and it genuinely seemed to attract more of the GCSE age each year! I still had a great weekend all three years though and despite the usual pushing in between acts, the crowd is generally fine. If Foos are announced i'll be getting a day ticket at least!

Did you camp? We camped in our guest but last year which was all very nice and civilised. Not camped in the general bit since 2001 when I had the stamina to not sleep. Heard nothing but horror stories about general camping now so would be interested to hear if its ok!

I suspect I'd get a day ticket, dependent on who the other headliners are of course.

Last year it was a bit disappointing that everything shuts off after the last headliner apart from the silent disco. I'm a regular glasto goer and entertainment there goes on all night. I guess its part of the licence as its next to the town?