Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Aftermarket ticket sites (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=174077)

kevinH84 November 21st 2018 10:17 AM

Aftermarket ticket sites

How can it be that sites like Viagogo and Stubhub have 1000 tickets between them for sale for the Dublin gig at inflated prices when general sale hasn't even started yet? More bands should take a leaf out of Ed Sheeran books and ban all tickets from after market sites. Its a shame that people are prevented from experiencing the joy of seeing their favourite band cause some money hungry ass cares more about his/her own wealth. Scumbags.

scottish_foo November 21st 2018 11:17 AM

Re: Aftermarket ticket sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinH84 (Post 4205426)
How can it be that sites like Viagogo and Stubhub have 1000 tickets between them for sale for the Dublin gig at inflated prices when general sale hasn't even started yet? More bands should take a leaf out of Ed Sheeran books and ban all tickets from after market sites. Its a shame that people are prevented from experiencing the joy of seeing their favourite band cause some money hungry ass cares more about his/her own wealth. Scumbags.

In fairness the Foos did screw Viagogo at the O2 gig a couple of years ago by insisting on photo ID of the ticket booker. Its a bit harder to enforce for stadium gigs though - too many people.

matineeidyll November 21st 2018 09:43 PM

Viagogo couldn't give two shits about any country's respective laws re: reselling. Here in Australia, they were such a problem that the ACCC investigated them and enforced a cap of 10% on aftersales. Viagogo took no notice whatsoever. They don't even need an actual ticket for people to put a listing up, scam artists have made up PDFs and claimed it was for a show to sell a useless bit of paper for thousands of bucks. So long as they get their cut, Viagogo's happy to turn a blind eye. Everyone knows they're a problem but no one seems to be in power to shut them down.

Becks12 November 24th 2018 12:39 PM

I hate these sites. Only way they'll be stopped is if people stop buying tickets through them.
Unfortunately the way they come up in Google searches means that sometimes they come up higher than legit sites so people end up buying through them when gigs aren't even sold out. It's really shit.

java gt November 24th 2018 12:51 PM

I am not sure they will ever be closed down because desperate people who have the expendable cash will just click on and buy them.Luckily I have never had to use them to get tickets and maybe the fact that the Foo fighters tour a good bit makes it easier to get tickets.It is sickening to see what some concert going fans will pay just to get in though.

Becks12 November 24th 2018 01:12 PM

My friends wife spent an obscene amount of Phil Collins tickets off one of these sites... Then lost the tickets :eek:

java gt November 25th 2018 07:15 PM

Just had a look on viagogo to see what tickets for the Pula gig are making:eek: :eek: :eek:

wol November 25th 2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by java gt (Post 4205757)
Just had a look on viagogo to see what tickets for the Pula gig are making:eek: :eek: :eek:

I had a look yesterday :eek:

Becks12 November 26th 2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wol (Post 4205763)
I had a look yesterday :eek:

Me too. Selling one could pay for the whole trip :lol:

wol November 26th 2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becks12 (Post 4205772)
Me too. Selling one could pay for the whole trip :lol:

I thought of this as well, for a split second. I couldn't live with myself if I did though :(

java gt December 14th 2018 09:12 PM

I've never bought a ticket on these sites but are you guaranteed it is a genuine ticket.It seems to me that it could be open to a lot of abuse from scam artists.

wol December 14th 2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by java gt (Post 4212663)
I've never bought a ticket on these sites but are you guaranteed it is a genuine ticket.It seems to me that it could be open to a lot of abuse from scam artists.

There is no guarantee of anything. Poor people lose their money everyday, all day to these scumbags.

scottish_foo December 14th 2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wol (Post 4212664)
There is no guarantee of anything. Poor people lose their money everyday, all day to these scumbags.

This.

A lot of them advertise tickets they don't have then try to acquire them cheaper. If they can't you won't find out until it is too late to lose even more money on hotels and transport.

java gt December 15th 2018 10:54 AM

How is this possible,they sell something they don't have and you pay up front with no real guarantee of getting the ticket:eek: .Is your money at least guaranteed for the ticket.

scottish_foo December 15th 2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by java gt (Post 4212676)
How is this possible,they sell something they don't have and you pay up front with no real guarantee of getting the ticket:eek: .Is your money at least guaranteed for the ticket.

Depends on the company. The general rule to be safe is never use them, and just accept you missed out.

Becks12 December 15th 2018 04:49 PM

Pfft I paid for a ticket on eventim yesterday and don't have one so even the official sites aren't guaranteed (if they're rubbish like eventim).

Anyway....

Allegedly they guarantee your tickets. In 2015 I used viagogo to buy tickets to see foos in Paris, didn't overpay unusually. When they cancelled we did get a full refund.

I'm not supporting the use of these sites though, I was just gutted over Wembley and Glastonbury being cancelled and wanted to go anywhere.

I wouldn't use them now. By using them you're supporting them buying up the tickets so fans can't buy them.

DrPsyche January 17th 2019 10:20 AM

Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinH84 (Post 4205426)
@essaytyper

I'm not sure about the refund these sites can guarantee as well. I've never used any of those, but my friends did - got genuine tickets, no ticket scam, but overpaid.