Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2019 - Tour is getting pretty extensive (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=174092)

Foo3001 November 27th 2018 10:44 AM

2019 - Tour is getting pretty extensive

As there was talk of a hiatus of sorts after the last gigs in the fall I was expecting a long break -

Seems they´re touring surprisingly extensively next summer, wonder if there´s something they´ll support with this tour (a new release) or fund (a new Sonic Highways?)

Am I the only one who feels like speculating?

aprilshack November 27th 2018 11:45 AM

Re: 2019 - Tour is getting pretty extensive

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4205828)
As there was talk of a hiatus of sorts after the last gigs in the fall I was expecting a long break -

Seems they´re touring surprisingly extensively next summer, wonder if there´s something they´ll support with this tour (a new release) or fund (a new Sonic Highways?)

Don’t get your hopes up. I think these dates are to pay the crew while there are actually on I hate us.

O.B.gene November 27th 2018 11:46 AM

its to promote the BBQ thing

aprilshack November 27th 2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4205835)
its to promote the BBQ thing

:p

lharris92 November 27th 2018 11:55 AM

2019 as it stands: 15
2018: 69 shows.

22% of this years shows is a well earned rest!

Foo3001 November 27th 2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4205834)
Don’t get your hopes up. I think these dates are to pay the crew while there are actually on I hate us.

Ummm.. No.

A corporate gig or two is like that,

A summer TOUR is not.

But, I know how the music business these days - the money is in touring and touring does not necessarily require something new to promote anymore.

aprilshack November 27th 2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4205843)
Ummm.. No.

A summer TOUR is not.

But, I know how the music business these days - the money is in touring and touring does not necessarily require something new to promote anymore.

Alright, keep your shirt on.

Foo3001 December 1st 2018 11:02 PM

Hmmm.. Could this have something to do with the tour...? Like they partly funded SH with the shows in Mexico..

https://www.*****************.net/hu...s-coming-soon/

Johnson_Foo December 2nd 2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4205843)
Ummm.. No.

A summer TOUR is not.

Eh Simon disagrees with you and thinks it’s to pay roadies

Foo3001 December 2nd 2018 01:38 PM

Of course the reason could be to pay the crew.

But, do you have any idea how much a big Euro festival pays their headliners? Close to 20 shows is a lot of money if it´s just to pay a crew, no matter how big a crew it is.

As far as I know the payout shows have been small-ish corporate events, not this kinds of shows. Not that it really matters anyway, great that there is a chance to see them no matter what they´ll do with the income..

aprilshack December 2nd 2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4208632)
Of course the reason could be to pay the crew.

But, do you have any idea how much a big Euro festival pays their headliners? Close to 20 shows is a lot of money if it´s just to pay a crew, no matter how big a crew it is.

As far as I know the payout shows have been small-ish corporate events, not this kinds of shows. Not that it really matters anyway, great that there is a chance to see them no matter what they´ll do with the income..

Don't dismiss that reason out of hand in the first place then. The festival shows are where the stages are already built, they just show up with their equipment and a smaller crew.It's easy money. They have played festivals in the past so their crew gets paid, no reason why this is any different now. They have finished promoting C&G. It's pocket money for them and a wage for the crew.

Foo3001 December 2nd 2018 02:32 PM

Not dismissing anything but as I know for a fact that they are not a cheap act even for a smaller festival (close to 1M€ for a 25000 capacity festival in 2017) I bet the income for Reading and other major UK events will pay their crew for a decade to come.

The money that goes into their direction is not of course straight income as there is always stuff that has to be paid when it comes to a show but still, it’s a profitable business for them.

BTW out of curiosity, which festivals have they done with intention only to pay the crew? I have not heard of one but I know a few corporate gigs that have been like this.

Jill December 2nd 2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4208630)
Eh Simon disagrees with you and thinks it’s to pay roadies

They do corporate gigs for the roadies. They can charge stupid money for them.

I’m sure we will find out what’s up before the summer. Be happy they are touring, yo!

pjonze December 2nd 2018 08:49 PM

People shouldn’t get hung up assuming the Foo Fighters machine of 2019 has the same practices as the Foo Fighters machine of 2009.

Whatever.

Jill December 3rd 2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4208647)
People shouldn’t get hung up assuming the Foo Fighters machine of 2019 has the same practices as the Foo Fighters machine of 2009.

Whatever.

You’re right. It’s not even close.

O.B.gene December 3rd 2018 01:43 PM

it's a little bit close

Pateare December 3rd 2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4205828)

Wonder if there'll be announced to play Anfield

Johnson_Foo December 3rd 2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pateare (Post 4210309)

not when they're doing festivals in England

aprilshack December 4th 2018 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pateare (Post 4210309)

Maybe at some point, but not this time around. I would love to see them play there one day.

Claremac50 December 4th 2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4210834)
Maybe at some point, but not this time around. I would love to see them play there one day.

Me too! Saw them at the Etihad and at LCC but as a Liverpool fan that would be really special.