Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tour setlists discussion thread (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=166339)

fonzolvera January 16th 2015 05:45 PM

Tour setlists discussion thread

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fi...-33caa45d.html

Am I the only one that want to see some covers dropped? I like one or two but 5 is starting to get a bit excessive. Would be much more excited to hear other sutff like Hey JP, Generator, Dear Rosemary..

Weenie Beenie Boy January 16th 2015 06:11 PM

Re: Chile Setlist

I tend to agree. It was pretty cool for the Sonic Highways show in Seattle, because it turned a 2.5 hour show to an over 3 hour show. Dave asked if we wanted the standard show, the long show or the really long show. We cheered for really long and the extra covers were the result.

WBB

Jill January 16th 2015 07:36 PM

The covers give Dave some vocal rest.

SlipKid815 January 16th 2015 07:50 PM

I think the real reason is the covers are crowd pleasers and the band enjoys playing them, every review of the recent shows i've seen loves the cover sessions and thinks they're seeing something unique, not everyone follows their setlists so closely :p

Dave T. January 16th 2015 08:08 PM

5 covers is absolutely ridiculous when you have 8 albums out, 1 of which is a double album. If his voice needs a rest do a couple acoustic songs of their own. I can see covers for the price of a pitcher at my local bar.

fonzolvera January 16th 2015 08:23 PM

Yeah...the last 4 or 5 shows I've been to have been a total downer towards the end because of the covers + Times like these, Best of You, Everlong (which I could get rid of as well and switch for something else).

I know the people who go to hear the radio hits would be very disappointed though.

Chicago January 16th 2015 08:25 PM

Number of people who will ever be satisfied with the setlist? Zero.

fonzolvera January 16th 2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago (Post 4023043)

True.

Simon January 16th 2015 11:14 PM

I know the covers are for Dave to rest his voice but five does seem a little excessive, especially when it's the 'Sonic Highways World Tour' and you only play 3 songs from it.

Mind you I'd definitely still prefer a cover over the old voice rester, 7 minutes of 'jams' in Stacked Actors. I guess the band decided that as well.

Dave T. January 16th 2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4023059)
I know the covers are for Dave to rest his voice but five does seem a little excessive, especially when it's the 'Sonic Highways World Tour' and you only play 3 songs from it.

Mind you I'd definitely still prefer a cover over the old voice rester, 7 minutes of 'jams' in Stacked Actors. I guess the band decided that as well.

There's no time to fit the lead single from your current album in I guess when you have five covers to squeeze in.

fonzolvera January 17th 2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4023059)

Man I miss Stacked Actors!! Used to love the jams.

Simon January 17th 2015 12:34 AM

The problem with the jams in SA is that they were anything but. It was always for the most part a pre-rehearsed musical piece so it became pretty stale if you went to more than one show over the years. You can see them rehearsing it before the Roxy show on Back And Forth, for example.

Luizim January 17th 2015 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4023071)
The problem with the jams in SA is that they were anything but. It was always for the most part a pre-rehearsed musical piece so it became pretty stale if you went to more than one show over the years. You can see them rehearsing it before the Roxy show on Back And Forth, for example.

Agree there, not like the Red Hot Chili Peppers that used to have great true jams between Frusciante, Flea and Smith, different every single time.

And yes, I was commenting today that I don't like the 5 covers also. Another way to rest vocals using band's own material would be very much appreciated.

fonzolvera January 17th 2015 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4023071)

True... reminded me of Have It All during the OBO tour days.. Long song, few vocals, long (pre-rehearsed) jams.

Simon January 17th 2015 01:43 AM

That being said I wouldn't mind SA coming back to the set occasionally, it's a good song, just play it at the normal length with no extensions.

njfoofan January 17th 2015 01:33 PM

One or two covers is enough. 5 is too much. I could see a cover band at the local fucking bar. They have softer songs where Dave is not screaming to play instead of the fucking covers. Mix some older shit in. Generator, next year, exhausted, etc. I don't know if I have seen them to much but the last few time seems like you see the same show over and over. Mix some different shit in god dam!! It is just the beginning and might be what they are doing for the fucking festivals over seas. We will see. Oh ya the black ff base ball cap from the merch store sucks its like a thug style baseball cap. How picked that out.

Jill January 17th 2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago (Post 4023043)

Absolutely

whitefalconTLE January 17th 2015 02:17 PM

After song 7 there it'd only be worth it to stay for Monkey Wrench for me. I'm still extremely excited to see them this upcoming summer, but this particular setlist does seem like a let down. Although no matter what when I'm actually at the shows I have a great time. :D

Felipe. January 17th 2015 04:38 PM

seems unusual to open a current show with This Is Call, and I say that as a positive thing. I'm seeing them next friday in Sao Paulo, do you think the setlist will be the same then? I remember that in the 2012 south america tour they did the first 2 shows with a setlist and the rest of them with another, MUCH better one that I was fortunate enough to witness.

I'd love to see SA standard lenght too, it sounds SO badass live.

BigCol January 17th 2015 04:47 PM

Need to play more from Sonic Highways. Infact I think they should play all of it, as it is only 8 songs. And close the set with "I am a river". But what do I know? I like this is a call but the opening few numbers after that would be an early toilet break for me.....