Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171490)

Simon October 12th 2017 12:25 PM

June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK
 
June 19th 2018 - Etihad Stadium, Manchester
June 22nd 2018 - London Stadium, London
June 23rd 2018 - London Stadium, London


Tickets go on sale to the public on Friday October 20th.



FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Will there be a pre-sale for these shows? How do I get access?


There are several pre-sales for these shows.

A. If you pre-ordered the album in some format from the official store, you should have received a code via email to enter a presale for all three shows on Tuesday the 17th at 9am. If you didn't, contact the store here - http://foo-fighters-helpdesk.sandbag...rt/tickets/new

B. If you registered to receive the general Foo Fighters newsletters via the official website you should've received an email in the last 24 hours detailing that pre-sale which takes place on Wednesday the 18th at 9am.

C. If you register with the London Stadium website you can gain entry to a pre-sale for the London shows only, but this may be time limited with regards to how late you can sign up and still receive pre-sale details.

Sign up here - https://r1.surveysandforms.com/f2454...ium=refe rral
or here - http://www.london-stadium.com/signup

Q: My pre-sale code says "invalid". What's going on?

If you have received a code, they will not work until the pre-sale begins. If you try to enter it beforehand, it'll tell you it's invalid. That just really means, "not ready yet".

Q: Does a pre-sale code guarantee a ticket?

No. A pre-sale just gives you an early shot at tickets away from the main sale. Tickets in pre-sales are limited, usually 10-20% of overall tickets so if you miss out in the pre-sales, try again in the main sale.

Q: How much are tickets?

Manchester ticket prices:

£43.25 for upper tier seating
£74.25 for middle tier seating
£74.25 for pitch standing/lower tier unreserved seating

London ticket prices are:

£60.50 for tier 3 reserved seating
£77 for tier 2 reserved seating
£77 for pitch standing/level 1 unreserved seating



Q: Will there be a limit to how many I can buy?

You can purchase 4 per transaction.

Q: Will the ticket holder need to be present to get in like the 02 Arena show this year?

Whilst not 100% confirmed this is highly unlikely. The measures in place at the 02 were because it was a special one off show. These stadium shows are unlikely to have similar restrictions but please do read any warnings/terms and conditions BEFORE you order tickets.

O.B.gene October 12th 2017 12:28 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Bring it on. London Stadium is a cracking venue, on a lovely warm Summer's evening. :cool: :thumbsup:

lharris92 October 12th 2017 12:30 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
:thumbsup:

Tell everyone the queues for beers are horrendous at London Stadium, make it easy for us to get tickets! :cool:

littledarkpoet October 12th 2017 12:37 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
London Stadium.. FFS. Knew it.. I'll be there but its the worst venue to get into and out of....

What about Scotland? Edinburgh was brilliant on that revised date. I'm amazed there aren't more dates.

dave_patch October 12th 2017 12:37 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
I canít easily get a beer? Not going.... ;)

Looking forward to seeing the place, only heard good things. Tickets permitting obviously! :thumbsup:

phillyj October 12th 2017 12:37 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lharris92 (Post 4173069)
:thumbsup:

Tell everyone the queues for beers are horrendous at London Stadium, make it easy for us to get tickets! :cool:

Haha, naughty! :lol:

Bexster October 12th 2017 12:41 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
It is a good stadium actually - it can take a bit of time to get out and back to the tube but it was fine to go to otherwise.

But, ahem, the beer queues are looooonngg..... ;)

dave_patch October 12th 2017 12:44 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Soooooooooo loooooooooooooonnnnnng..... :thumbsup:


...Too much?

Vurz October 12th 2017 12:45 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
So glad we have the night tube now. Doesn't look it will be fun getting back home from London Stadium. :( :(

FrenchEnemies October 12th 2017 12:45 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
any educated guesses regarding the refund/resale policy?

the gigs fall right at the worst time of year for work, I won't know if I'll be able to get the days free for a few weeks/months.

I'll buy tickets anyway, but I'd feel better knowing I could pass them on to other fans if need be :(

scottish_foo October 12th 2017 12:47 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vurz (Post 4173078)
So glad we have the night tube now. Doesn't look it will be fun getting back home from London Stadium. :( :(

It was later getting back from the O2 for the gig last month!

Bexster October 12th 2017 12:51 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_patch (Post 4173077)
Soooooooooo loooooooooooooonnnnnng..... :thumbsup:


...Too much?

Nah.






:lol:

Johnson_Foo October 12th 2017 12:51 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Anyone else slightly suspicious of the pre sale link? Apologies if it came from the official site but it doesn't look particularly legit to me

smcb October 12th 2017 12:59 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4173082)
Anyone else slightly suspicious of the pre sale link? Apologies if it came from the official site but it doesn't look particularly legit to me

I get where you're coming from however on the venue's official Facebook page pre sale links for the rugby matches appear in a similar format.

Simon October 12th 2017 01:01 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
If you're concerned you can just use this form - http://www.london-stadium.com/signup

I'm 99% you'll be placed on the same list, just got to give them a few more personal details.

Georgia October 12th 2017 01:09 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Wahooo. :cool: think I'm gonna try for Manchester. Then depending on others do a London date. Feeling confident that more dates will be added whether that's festivals or extra dates. :D :D

See you all next summer!

HeroDunDun October 12th 2017 01:15 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4173086)
If you're concerned you can just use this form - http://www.london-stadium.com/signup

I'm 99% you'll be placed on the same list, just got to give them a few more personal details.

I've signed up with three or four different ones..

The one I used yesterday was a surveys and forms one and I got an email about the presales this morning, so I'd trust that one (and I think that's the one that actually says its specifically for the Foo Fighters' presale and says the presale will be on Thursday)

Simon October 12th 2017 01:22 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroDunDun (Post 4173089)
I've signed up with three or four different ones..

The one I used yesterday was a surveys and forms one and I got an email about the presales this morning, so I'd trust that one (and I think that's the one that actually says its specifically for the Foo Fighters' presale and says the presale will be on Thursday)

Well they posted that link with the following text so as I say, I think it'll work just the same.

Quote:

Foo Fighters will play back to back gigs at London Stadium in June 2018. Register for exclusive ticket access at http://www.london-stadium.com/signup

Hornet October 12th 2017 01:22 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
I went to the athletics there in August for the evening session and although it is a lovely venue, it is a complete nightmare to get out of. There are literally Stop/Go boards to control the flow of people back to the tube stations. We were flapping that we might actually miss our last train home but did make it (from Marylebone), but bear in mind the athletics finished at 10.00pm, and I'm guessing Foos will finish about 11.00pm. Have booked hotel as will be buggered if we miss last train! Just prepare for queues and plan logistics accordingly.

HeroDunDun October 12th 2017 01:26 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4173090)
Well they posted that link with the following text so as I say, I think it'll work just the same.

Yeah, I'm sure it will.

Bexster October 12th 2017 01:27 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornet (Post 4173091)
I went to the athletics there in August for the evening session and although it is a lovely venue, it is a complete nightmare to get out of. There are literally Stop/Go boards to control the flow of people back to the tube stations. We were flapping that we might actually miss our last train home but did make it (from Marylebone), but bear in mind the athletics finished at 10.00pm, and I'm guessing Foos will finish about 11.00pm. Have booked hotel as will be buggered if we miss last train! Just prepare for queues and plan logistics accordingly.

That's the experience we had. Luckily we were staying just down the line so we were ok, but my friend's brother who was with us barely made the last train out of Waterloo. It's a long process as they close the shopping centre so you can't walk through it.

lharris92 October 12th 2017 01:35 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornet (Post 4173091)
I went to the athletics there in August for the evening session and although it is a lovely venue, it is a complete nightmare to get out of. There are literally Stop/Go boards to control the flow of people back to the tube stations. We were flapping that we might actually miss our last train home but did make it (from Marylebone), but bear in mind the athletics finished at 10.00pm, and I'm guessing Foos will finish about 11.00pm. Have booked hotel as will be buggered if we miss last train! Just prepare for queues and plan logistics accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bexster (Post 4173093)
That's the experience we had. Luckily we were staying just down the line so we were ok, but my friend's brother who was with us barely made the last train out of Waterloo. It's a long process as they close the shopping centre so you can't walk through it.


From the old thread:

If there aren't works going on then there are a few other walkable stations - just don't follow the directions to stratford station apart from Stratford International - Pudding Mill Lane, Stratford High Street, Hackney Wick etc - check which bridges are best to leave by for those stations so you don't get diverted into the main queues.

Best to check a map of the area and see what is viable in the sense of travel time (including the queue to the main station) - for example I live off the central line just past Leytonstone - if timed correctly by leaving at the end of the last song straight away, I could arguably (not guaranteed) be home in 30 minutes - 15 walking and then the rest on transport and walk the other side.

Because it's a stadium the curfew will be at 11 (most likely), but the central & jubilee are all night so you could get somewhere more central or somewhere on the outskirts of town.


On another note: The most I've queued to get back into stratford station (in a group of people) was 20 minutes (with a crowd of around 55,000). Have been to a couple of football games there and most of the time if you hang around for 30 minutes after the game (depending on if the bar remains open) you can then walk to the station with no stops at all.

But add an extra 25k upping it to 80k, there will be some longer queues, so as others have said, put it into your journey times.

Becks12 October 12th 2017 02:16 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4173082)
Anyone else slightly suspicious of the pre sale link? Apologies if it came from the official site but it doesn't look particularly legit to me

I manually typed up what was posted on Facebook as a link by the venue. If you open it properly you can see its a link from fb. If you don't think its legit then don't register! More tickets for me :D :D

fordy October 12th 2017 02:54 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
So when do you think pre sale details will show up for the Manchester show?

really dubious of ticketmaster and see tickets for getting scalped.

wol October 12th 2017 03:01 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
London hotel booked, tempted to book Manchester as well...

wol October 12th 2017 03:04 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
I HATE TICKET ANXIETY!!!!

And kinda love it at the same time.

aprilshack October 12th 2017 03:05 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wol (Post 4173113)
London hotel booked, tempted to book Manchester as well...

Just book it!

O.B.gene October 12th 2017 03:05 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wol (Post 4173115)
I HATE TICKET ANXIETY!!!!

you've got a week of this yet. :(

Simon October 12th 2017 03:08 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordy (Post 4173108)
So when do you think pre sale details will show up for the Manchester show?

really dubious of ticketmaster and see tickets for getting scalped.

I'd expect more than one presale 'entry' for these shows. The official Foo newsletter will probably send details out early next week, or they'll tweet about other options. Usually via sponsors and stuff like that.

wol October 12th 2017 03:09 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4173116)
Just book it!

Haha I knew I could trust you to say that :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4173117)
you've got a week of this yet. :(

I know. I think I might die.

dave_patch October 12th 2017 03:15 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4173116)
Just book it!

Dibs on the spare bed... :thumbsup: :D

dave_patch October 12th 2017 03:16 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wol (Post 4173115)
I HATE TICKET ANXIETY!!!!

And kinda love it at the same time.

Just hate from me.... :vom:

Becks12 October 12th 2017 03:18 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wol (Post 4173113)
London hotel booked, tempted to book Manchester as well...

I booked one... Just in case....

aprilshack October 12th 2017 03:20 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_patch (Post 4173122)
Dibs on the spare bed... :thumbsup: :D


:lol:

desmosedici88 October 12th 2017 03:23 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
I've never been to the London Stadium, so I may be staggeringly naive, but is there any reason I can't just park in Westfield Stratford?

BTW, I'm already getting ticket anxiety :mad:

fordy October 12th 2017 03:23 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4173119)
I'd expect more than one presale 'entry' for these shows. The official Foo newsletter will probably send details out early next week, or they'll tweet about other options. Usually via sponsors and stuff like that.

Thanks Simon

already booked the hotel, i would hate not to get tickets now. Just got to figure how the hell to get from Liverpool to the Etihad in under 2 hours in rush hour.:vom:

Simon October 12th 2017 03:27 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordy (Post 4173127)
Thanks Simon

already booked the hotel, i would hate not to get tickets now. Just got to figure how the hell to get from Liverpool to the Etihad in under 2 hours in rush hour.:vom:

Even if you end up in the regular sale you should be ok. These shows will sell out relatively quickly, but not 'instant 20 seconds' as happens with smaller shows.

I think the last MK Bowl shows took a couple of hours, Wembley in 2008 was quicker at about half an hour. So I mean as long as you get on bang on when they go on sale, you should be ok.

It not quite being payday may also help out, a lot of people just might not have the money.

wol October 12th 2017 03:28 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Hotel for Manchester booked :thumbsup:

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!

fordy October 12th 2017 03:34 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4173129)
It not quite being payday may also help out, a lot of people just might not have the money.

That's what credit cards are for, this doesn't happen often enough to wait for payday!

thesilenttype October 12th 2017 03:43 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread
 
Official FOO presale email has come through


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.