Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Holy Shits and Chevy Metal (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=172631)

big-dumb-al August 24th 2018 06:01 PM

Holy Shits and Chevy Metal

Is anybody going to the show on Sunday? I am debating on driving in from Las Vegas. Any idea what time the show starts? I see the times listed are 3-7 for the Pop up shop.

Thanks!

O.B.gene August 27th 2018 12:56 AM

Re: Holy Shits and Chevy Metal

fucking hell what a setlist

Disbet August 27th 2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4199160)
fucking hell what a setlist

OMG yes. I wish they would do a tour or a few 25th anniversary shows with that setlist, plus For All the Cows. Those were all on my regular playlist. There are a bunch of us flying out in November and we all have our hopes up now.

matineeidyll August 27th 2018 02:11 AM

White Limo
Wattershed
Congregation
Gimme Stitches
Weenie Beenie
Low
Hey, Johnny Park!
Alone + Easy Target
New Way Home
Everlong

NOW WE'RE TALKING.

J-Ro August 27th 2018 02:15 AM

It was amazing! I think Dave drank like 90 pots of coffee today! I kept saying Holy Shit every time they played a new song!

Johnny Bravo84 August 27th 2018 03:17 AM

I couldn't make it to this because of work but wow that looks like it was a lot of fun. Gimme Stitches! Wattershed! Damnnnn

pjonze August 27th 2018 04:16 AM

Spend 18 months playing practically the same setlist night after nigh to stadiums of thousandst, then play a free show in a car park thatís full of songs you havenít played in years.

It seems like long-game trolling! :D

Foo3001 August 27th 2018 05:40 AM

Seems like a show they've been itching to play for a long time..

aprilshack August 27th 2018 05:47 AM

Oh for a proper uk Holy Shits tour.

Foo3001 August 27th 2018 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4199183)
Oh for a proper uk Holy Shits tour.

I've vowed not to travel for the FF anymore but this would be an easy exception

aprilshack August 27th 2018 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo3001 (Post 4199184)
I've vowed not to travel for the FF anymore but this would be an easy exception

I'd be quite happy to see them in my local Asda car park!

Poppy4580 August 27th 2018 06:18 AM

It was INSANE.

I totally freaked out at every song.

I cried when they played Gimme Stitches.

So fucking awesome.

Epic Failure August 27th 2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4199181)
Spend 18 months playing practically the same setlist night after nigh to stadiums of thousandst, then play a free show in a car park thatís full of songs you havenít played in years.

That's what I said on FB/twitter. I genuinely don't understand it. It just makes the "standard" setlist even more infuriating when you know that they have rehearsed some of these songs, they just choose not to play them.

wol August 27th 2018 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4199181)

100% agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4199186)
It was INSANE.

I totally freaked out at every song.

I cried when they played Gimme Stitches.

So fucking awesome.

Glad you had a great time lovely! Your pictures are amazing as always!

FrenchEnemies August 27th 2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic Failure (Post 4199187)
That's what I said on FB/twitter. I genuinely don't understand it. It just makes the "standard" setlist even more infuriating when you know that they have rehearsed some of these songs, they just choose not to play them.

It was always clear that it's a choice on their part, wasn't it? It's not like they ever forgot how to play Hey JP. (edit: I just watched the stream, and I take it back! LOL)

They should just tour as two different bands - the Foos to fill up stadiums and play the Greatest Hits, and the Holy Shits to play Wattershed at local bars. Everyone wins!

O.B.gene August 27th 2018 09:04 AM

What a time to be alive.

Poppy4580 August 27th 2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic Failure (Post 4199187)

Dave said they had been in the studio rehearsing the songs all week for the show.

He made a point of saying that his target demographic was for the old school die hard fans.

They played as Holy Shits rather than Foo for that reason too Iím sure.

Dezbot August 27th 2018 03:05 PM

Wish I could've gone. Sounds like so much fun :)

Epic Failure August 27th 2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies (Post 4199190)
It was always clear that it's a choice on their part, wasn't it? It's not like they ever forgot how to play Hey JP. (edit: I just watched the stream, and I take it back! LOL)

They should just tour as two different bands - the Foos to fill up stadiums and play the Greatest Hits, and the Holy Shits to play Wattershed at local bars. Everyone wins!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy4580 (Post 4199195)
Dave said they had been in the studio rehearsing the songs all week for the show.

He made a point of saying that his target demographic was for the old school die hard fans.

They played as Holy Shits rather than Foo for that reason too Iím sure.

The problem is that the majority of the old school diehard fans can't turn up on a random Saturday in LA for a 45 minute set, for a variety of reasons, no matter how much they might want to.

Likewise, playing at bars/small venues means that, again, the number of people able to see it is limited.

It's not like they can't play both "the hits" and "the nerd songs" in the same setlist. It's never been an either/or for anyone other than the band, it seems.

Boiler00Hex August 27th 2018 07:38 PM

Holy Shit!, the Holy Shits, how fucking cool. Wish I could see something like this one day.