Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   FooFighters.com (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   idea (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=6414)

[HamSoldier] February 14th 2005 11:41 PM

How about there be a rule that you can't just post an article in Political Discussion and then add a couple of lines below, saying you agree with it? That'd shut people the fuck up and make it a lot easier to moderate. When you post rants that are your own work, you could still link to other articles, essays and documents if you wanted to provide sources for certain facts or were challenged to do so. I just think that when done as often as it is in that forum, posting something you happen to agree with that was written by someone who's a professional writer and therefore probably more articulate than you is a lazy way to stimulate discussion. Imagine if every second thread in Other Bands/Music was something like "Why the White Stripes don't deserve your money" or "Jazz is better than any other musical genre".

[HamSoldier] February 14th 2005 11:50 PM

Nice fucking virus asshole!

[ 02-14-2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Jill ]

Stu February 15th 2005 12:40 AM

I am an idiot...

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jill February 15th 2005 01:01 AM

Good idea but that link made a virus pop-up come onto my computer.

Thanks a lot.

[HamSoldier] August 24th 2014 07:30 AM

Re: idea

I remember this. I don't remember what I linked to, but I remember it didn't give me a virus. I wouldn't knowingly direct someone to a page that had one.

milos87popovic September 12th 2014 10:11 AM

Nice

Dose123 October 27th 2014 04:54 AM

that when done as often as it is in that forum, posting something you happen to agree with that was written by someone who's a professional writer and therefore probably more articulate than you is a lazy way to stimulate discussion. Imagine if every second thread in Other Bands/Music was something like "Why the White Stripes don't deserve your money" or "Jazz is better than any other musical genre".

HP

Jill October 27th 2014 05:29 AM

what?!

Simon October 27th 2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dose123 (Post 3995823)
that when done as often as it is in that forum, posting something you happen to agree with that was written by someone who's a professional writer and therefore probably more articulate than you is a lazy way to stimulate discussion. Imagine if every second thread in Other Bands/Music was something like "Why the White Stripes don't deserve your money" or "Jazz is better than any other musical genre".

HP

Yeah what what if you post a diatribe towards John Major after extensive discussion on the red panda has already taken place? Then you need to re-evaluate the position of the sports forum or you risk upsetting the posters who enjoy only the first three seasons of The Simpsons. That isn't even taking into account the length of the posts made by those who registered in July 2003.

SK

Jill October 27th 2014 03:27 PM

Simon...this is a developmentally disabled thread. :)