Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171490)

Healy52003 October 13th 2017 01:50 PM

Re: June 2018 - Manchester and London, UK Thread

will the rest of the tour be announced before Next friday ??

aprilshack October 13th 2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healy52003 (Post 4173399)
will the rest of the tour be announced before Next friday ??

I think additional dates will be announced after the first three sell out.

Jon84 October 13th 2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd (Post 4173396)
I agree, although there needs to be a clear way to allow people to legally sell their tickets on if they need to.

Agreed, ideally, the ticket vendors take them back minus fees, and they can re sell them.

Becks12 October 13th 2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon84 (Post 4173391)
I'm more than happy with the O2 Policy, I'd happily do it at every gig.

Same! Appreciate its crappy if you want to buy them for your kids though. I went to loads of gigs as a teenager and wouldn't have wanted my folks tagging along as they'd bought it on their card.
Not really sure of a way round it either. Apart from the government just banning the resale at inflated prices BUT I guess thats too simple... not like they did it for football tickets succesfully did they... :mad:

FrenchEnemies October 13th 2017 02:13 PM

I'm all in favour of the O2 policy as well, in principle. Even though I may well fall victim to it, because I'll be (hopefully) buying tickets for the London gig without being sure I can attend :(

I think it'd be a reasonable compromise to accept resale tickets as long as people can provide a copy of the original buyer's ID

it wouldn't get rid of all the inflated price resales, but surely it would seriously discourage organised systematic abuse

Tezzah October 13th 2017 02:20 PM

See tickets have a reseller section for fan to fan reselling, you can only sell at face value of below and see tickets add 5% to cover them and their fees etc.

Healy52003 October 13th 2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4173400)
I think additional dates will be announced after the first three sell out.

Bit stupid imo

I'm travelling from Ireland as they didn't announce any dates here yet and planning for Manchetser tickets cause of this and it would be so annoying too buy tickets/hotel/Flights and then they announce a Dublin date. Better seeing them in your own backyard than travelling abroad and all the hassle that comes with it

Never knw they might announce other dates next week sometime

Jon84 October 13th 2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becks12 (Post 4173404)
Same! Appreciate its crappy if you want to buy them for your kids though. I went to loads of gigs as a teenager and wouldn't have wanted my folks tagging along as they'd bought it on their card.
Not really sure of a way round it either. Apart from the government just banning the resale at inflated prices BUT I guess thats too simple... not like they did it for football tickets succesfully did they... :mad:

Yeah I'd have not appreciated my folks hanging around.

But as I've got older and been less in the Pit, I've noticed there are usually large parent contingent holding hoodies, and propping up the bar

O.B.gene October 13th 2017 03:34 PM

so we're assuming extra UK dates (non-festival) are to be added?

aprilshack October 13th 2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4173414)
so we're assuming extra UK dates (non-festival) are to be added?

Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to add extra dates to London and Manchester and maybe add a Scottish date?

AndrewHuk October 13th 2017 03:38 PM

hi,

Did anyone order the mega bundle and get a presale code?

Andy

O.B.gene October 13th 2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4173416)
Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to add extra dates to London and Manchester and maybe add a Scottish date?

why wouldn't they already have a Scottish date on there already? I can imagine them adding an extra Manchester show 'due to demand', but anywhere else, they've would've been mentioned already surely. :(

Simon October 13th 2017 03:48 PM

The logical answer for Scotland and perhaps Ireland is they're playing a festival, which as we know announce on their time. Plus you wouldn't announce a festival appearance with your regular tour dates.

TRNSMT seems a good bet for Scotland, maybe Longitude for Ireland.

I can't see them adding any more of their own shows in England except possibly a 2nd Manchester.

thesilenttype October 13th 2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4173420)
TRNSMT seems a good bet for Scotland, maybe Longitude for Ireland.

Or Slane

Duh..ignore me. They played Slane not long ago.

Simon October 13th 2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesilenttype (Post 4173422)
Or Slane

Duh..ignore me. They played Slane not long ago.

Not a festival though, so no reason they can't announce that themselves now. That's to me the only reason they wouldn't have announced those dates, there is no way they'll actually skip Scotland altogether, and probably not Ireland.

JackD. October 13th 2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tezzah (Post 4173406)
See tickets have a reseller section for fan to fan reselling, you can only sell at face value of below and see tickets add 5% to cover them and their fees etc.

Hi guys, got a question about that.

Thinking about buying a ticket for Manchester „just in case“ during presale. I‘d prefer holding out and waiting for a German date, but you‘ll never know.

So how‘s that resale working? Easy? Can I sell tickets from Gigs & Tours on Seeticket as well? Or is Seeticket doing a presale too? Only got the link to G&T.

Are they offering print@home to make delivery easy?

Don‘t want to use Viagogo or Seatwave. Scalpers.

Thanks for you help. Much appreciated.

Spektugalo October 13th 2017 04:37 PM

Are the mails based on the location?
I pre-ordered C&G and live in Germany, but did not receive the code. I emailed the shop, so fingers crossed.

I had tickets to the cancelled Wembley gig, so I would love to get a second chance! :)

Simon October 13th 2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackD. (Post 4173430)

Thinking about buying a ticket for Manchester „just in case“ during presale. I‘d prefer holding out and waiting for a German date, but you‘ll never know.

So how‘s that resale working? Easy? Can I sell tickets from Gigs & Tours on Seeticket as well? Or is Seeticket doing a presale too? Only got the link to G&T.

G&T and See are the same company, the links are interchangeable eg:

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/f...hester/1160013
https://www.seetickets.com/event/foo...hester/1160013

Becks12 October 13th 2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackD. (Post 4173430)

Twickets don't allow sales over face value. I use them to sell tickets I can't use.

pjonze October 13th 2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healy52003 (Post 4173409)
Bit stupid imo

I'm travelling from Ireland as they didn't announce any dates here yet and planning for Manchetser tickets cause of this and it would be so annoying too buy tickets/hotel/Flights and then they announce a Dublin date. Better seeing them in your own backyard than travelling abroad and all the hassle that comes with it

Never knw they might announce other dates next week sometime

I’m surprised there wasn’t an Irish date tbh because since the demise of Oxegen any festival over there seems too small for them now so a headline gig would make the most sense.
Of course, technically speaking, “The Republic of Ireland” isn’t in “The United Kingdom” so they didn’t have to announce it with these 3.