Foo Fighters Postboard

Foo Fighters Postboard (http://bbs.foofighters.com/index.php)
-   Tour Talk (http://bbs.foofighters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Uk tour dates? [Nothing currently] (http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=173974)

Pete Chafer October 14th 2018 01:23 PM

Uk tour dates? [Nothing currently]

Apologies if this has been done to death,this is my first post.
Is there any information on a UK tour at all?

lharris92 October 14th 2018 01:28 PM

Re: Uk tour dates?

No.

Pete Chafer October 14th 2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharris92 (Post 4202809)
No.

Cheers 😎

aprilshack October 14th 2018 02:24 PM

No, but if they are doing fests in Germany they will do one of the fests in the uk and elsewhere in Europe.

Johnson_Foo October 14th 2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4202811)
No, but if they are doing fests in Germany they will do one of the fests in the uk and elsewhere in Europe.

Probably, we don't know for sure but download seems very likely

When does the lineup get announced?

aprilshack October 14th 2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4202812)

There is no way they would skip the uk, fest or own shows. I wouldn't worry.

Johnson_Foo October 14th 2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilshack (Post 4202813)
There is no way they would skip the uk, fest or own shows. I wouldn't worry.

Eh if they're not picked up by a festival then I can't see a headline show. If its not download then I'd be surprised if they're not booked by either Isle of Wight or Reading

lharris92 October 14th 2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4202814)
Eh if they're not picked up by a festival then I can't see a headline show. If its not download then I'd be surprised if they're not booked by either Isle of Wight or Reading

Too early to say if they'd be doing late European festivals as they've only been announced for the June as it stands (for Reading). Other early ones could be likely but only rumours at the moment.

As for Download, we'll probably get an announcement on that fairly soon - they've been releasing the headliners this side of Christmas the past few years.

But as for a UK tour as the OP suggested, not gonna happen.

Johnson_Foo October 14th 2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharris92 (Post 4202815)
Too early to say if they'd be doing late European festivals as they've only been announced for the June as it stands (for Reading). Other early ones could be likely but only rumours at the moment.

As for Download, we'll probably get an announcement on that fairly soon - they've been releasing the headliners this side of Christmas the past few years.

But as for a UK tour as the OP suggested, not gonna happen.

Yeah thats my gut feeling, Reading is unlikely timing-wise but its reading so, you never know. In terms of festivals IOW fits them better than Download for me, and its still doable timing wise.

Simon October 14th 2018 04:38 PM

It could just be the German dates. As I said in the other topic, it seems likely that Rock AM/IM outbid Hurricane/Southside for the 2018 Germany festival slot, so if Hurr/South really wanted them they may have just put an offer on the table FF can't refuse, even when they weren't planning to be on tour. But other festivals may not want to splash that cash.

A bit like in 2004, a couple of festivals paid for them to play but other than those (plus some small warm up shows) and the John Kerry rallies, they didn't play anything else in that off-tour year.

O.B.gene October 14th 2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 4202817)
It could just be the German dates. As I said in the other topic, it seems likely that Rock AM/IM outbid Hurricane/Southside for the 2018 Germany festival slot, so if Hurr/South really wanted them they may have just put an offer on the table FF can't refuse, even when they weren't planning to be on tour. But other festivals may not want to splash that cash.

A bit like in 2004, a couple of festivals paid for them to play but other than those (plus some small warm up shows) and the John Kerry rallies, they didn't play anything else in that off-tour year.

I think the organisers would've made a HUGE deal about an "EXCLUSIVE" booking if that was the case :(

dave_patch October 14th 2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.B.gene (Post 4202818)
I think the organisers would've made a HUGE deal about an "EXCLUSIVE" booking if that was the case :(

This. Surely they would have advertised them as exclusives if this was a one off. I really hope they play Download but IOW would be good too. Im not expecting any other UK shows.

pjonze October 14th 2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4202812)

Ozzy was announced on Monday 6th November last year, then Kerrang! had interviews with all 3 headliners on the Wednesday.

So it should be a similar timescale this year.

Johnson_Foo October 14th 2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_patch (Post 4202820)
This. Surely they would have advertised them as exclusives if this was a one off. I really hope they play Download but IOW would be good too. Im not expecting any other UK shows.

Im indifferent really, Download would be nicer but I'd happily get a day ticket for either

FrenchEnemies October 15th 2018 12:19 PM

Re: Uk tour dates? [Nothing currently]

I'm also keeping an eye on Download. Been meaning to go for a while anyway, and it would be a lot more convenient than Isle of Wight.

pjonze October 15th 2018 12:48 PM

Apparently Download's early-bird tickets are coming off sale from tomorrow so it's likely they'll make their first headliner announcement soon.

Johnson_Foo October 15th 2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4202835)
Apparently Download's early-bird tickets are coming off sale from tomorrow so it's likely they'll make their first headliner announcement soon.

Would Foo's even be announced as first headliner? They're not the typical Download band so might be second or third announced

pjonze October 15th 2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo (Post 4202839)
Would Foo's even be announced as first headliner? They're not the typical Download band so might be second or third announced

Who knows how they'll run their PR but on more than one occasion Andy Copping has said Foo are one of the headliners that keep evading them, (along with Green Day, Pearl Jam & Van Halen) so if any of those bands are playing this year "First Time At Download" is a nice way to launch the announcements.

Johnson_Foo October 15th 2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4202841)
Who knows how they'll run their PR but on more than one occasion Andy Copping has said Foo are one of the headliners that keep evading them, (along with Green Day, Pearl Jam & Van Halen) so if any of those bands are playing this year "First Time At Download" is a nice way to launch the announcements.

Very true, if they could somehow get Green Day as well Id be getting a weekend ticket.

Jon84 October 17th 2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonze (Post 4202841)

I think Andy just likes saying names :lol: