Default Re: IYH Documentary

Yeah the higher quality audio is hard to get at. If you just get the DVD and stick it in your PC you'll get some options to listen to the second disc but it won't be HQ. Even if you use a normal DVD Audio extractor you won't get the high res stuff. For that you need a DVD-A extractor tool. This is the one I used. With that you can extract the high-res audio I mentioned above.

Like I say there is 96khz/24-Bit version in both 2.0 stereo and 5.1 surround sound. For reference if you don't know CD audio is 44.1khz and 16-Bit, so you can see how much higher resolution it is. It also means big files, it's losslessly compressed on the disc but once I extracted it and compressed it again to FLAC it was 931MB for the 2.0 and a whopping 2.35GB for the 5.1 version. Over And Out alone is 291MB!

I don't think many people are aware of that being on the disc, but it really does sound amazing and the highest quality audio FF have put out by far, much better than CD.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.