Default Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Well I don't think it's that far off price wise. Postage costs a lot now. How much do you think it should be for a t-shirt?

I know if I buy a t-shirt online from a department store it's about $6.00 to my house and they have a local distributor.

Curious...
Well by my estimate Firebrand across the board are making 33-50 % profit on the shipping.

It must be remembered that with the volume the store is doing there will be SUBSTANTIAL discounts in the actual cost to them for postage, and in return they are charging SUBSTANTIALLY more than any individual can buy postage for any given shipment themselves direct online with USPS.

So yes of course that is postage AND HANDLING, but it's an awfully high handling charge. I am without question within months from the old store to the new paying 25% more for international postage. Costs have no risen that much. But worse than that is the fact the MORE I buy in ONE order combined, the WORSE the difference between old and new stores gets.

Exact example:
One T-Shirt to NZ Old store $15.55
One T-Shirt to NZ New Store $20.75
USPS online $7.00 First Class International (giving a generous 200g / 7oz for the shirt and shipping it in an envelope exactly as the store does).

Three T-Shirts to NZ Old Store $22.00
Three T-Shirts to NZ New Store $36.35
USPS online $15.77 First Class International (giving a generous 600g / 210z for the shirts and shipping it in an envelope exactly as the store does).

So at LEAST 140 percent markup on the shipping cost ranging to 200 percent.

Also if I had added say a sticker set to either of the above, the old store would NOT have increased shipping at all. Its just a sticker set and weighs nothing, there's room in a padded bag etc it's easy. Not the new store - whack up goes the price as though I was buying another t-shirt.

I wont go into bigger items it just gets more preposterous the way the pricing gets hiked. It really is quite annoying, and I'm sure just puts many people off. With the exclusives through the store only the fans are held by the proverbial s and squeezed tightly - there is no choice but to pay WHATEVER the store might decide to charge.

I have to agree, try as I do to post some of the GOOD things with the bad, it has NOT been a good change for the bands fans.

I was there