Re: 2015 20th Ann Tour Posters
18th & 19th July 2015: Fenway Park Boston - TEN Posters:
01) "scorpion" Justin Helton - Fenway PopUp - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 200
02) "Pocketknife" EMEK - Fenway Event Foil Poster - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 300
03) "Foo By Night" Todd Slater - Fenway Event Poster - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 400
04) "Team Foo" Brad Klausen - Fenway Event Poster - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 400
05) "Foollum" Morning Breath - Fenway Event Poster - Numbered Limited Run of 375
06) "scorpion" Justin Helton - Artist Print - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 55
07) "scorpion" Justin Helton - Artist Print Lava Foil - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 50
08) "Team Foo" Brad Klausen - Artist Print - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 100 (Changed Mid August 2015 to 125 copies when Brad added/sold 25 new numbers. No I don't get how that's cool either.)
09) "Foo By Night" Todd Slater - Artist Print Poster - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 100
10) "Foo By Night" Todd Slater - Artist Print Holofoil Edition Poster - Signed & Numbered Limited Run of 50
When I got the email from Brad showing me the poster a few days ago I nearly fell out of my chair. He has done some great posters, but I really think this is one of his top 3 ever.
I asked him about the design and it's not what you think:
well I was doing my best to not reference the warriors... I've never seen that movie, but have seen imagery from it, so I knew there was some sort of baseball bad guys gang type of thing in that movie... so I was hopeful people wouldn't think it was a reference to that, I was just trying to play off the idea that it was old timey baseball and the ff were the out of town team playing at fenway and they weren't coming to play baseball but coming to fuck shit up,... in my mind it was like one of the earlier ff videos where they dress up and play characters in a skit... but I kind of figured it would most likely be taken as a reference to the warriors... I even went to youtube to try and see if there was a scene from the warriors of the baseball gang, to make sure my concept wasn't super close to the characters in the movie... and from the small clip I saw, I can't for the life of me figure out why that movie is a cult classic... it looked really bad form the 2 minutes I saw
The poster is 17.25 x 24 inch screen print with 6 colors on kraft paper. The show edition is 400.
"My favorite record from the Dave Grohl and company has always been the Colour and the Shape. That album was adorned with 3d renderings of molecules which became the central focus of my print. Essentially, I began with the idea of a molecule replacing a lantern's flame and built the image outward from that. I sifted thru a lot of classic album art (RUSH FBN obviously) in attempt to make something that fit within the rock canon and represented the band presently."
Last edited by FooZealand : August 19th 2015 at 03:19 AM.