Default Re: Current setlists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
I think a lot of the "playing it safe" is due to the fact that so much has happened to the FF in a relatively short period of time. I mean, the lift to stadium status has happened during the last decade - they're still learning how to do it properly I think. Last time they did the arena / stadium rock tribute, which is gone now thank god and they trust their own craft. Seems like at heart they're still an insecure club band who think they have to win the audience onto their side every night.

They still have a long way to go to have a Metallica fanbase from which a majority yearns for an old rarity, a song that has not been played from the new album etc... And the band has learned to have fun with it, teasing rarities from their tuning room etc, they're really good with the fan experience. I mean, I'm not a fan anymore (stopped in the 90s, Justice was THE album for me), but still I enjoy following what they do on YouTube. There's a lot to learn for any band.
I agree that they are a good decade, in band evolution terms, behind the likes of Metallica but, outside of the US, they have been playing stadium size shows for over 10 years now. I don't buy that they are a band not used to it yet.