Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 18th 2015, 04:57 PM
FooArchive

Default Re: Record Store Day show in Niles, Ohio

I'm much more excited about a full band Kids In America than a 20+ year old Dave solo version.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old April 18th 2015, 04:58 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Just saw a video of Dave & Rami arriving on motorbikes!
FF~ Milton Keynes Bowl ~ 03.07.11
FF~ Reading Festival ~ 26.08.12
SCP ~ The Forum-Kentish Town ~19.02.13
FF~ Old Trafford Cricket Ground ~ 27.05.15
FF ~ Milton Keynes Bowl ~ 05.09.15
FF~ Cheese and Grain ~ 24.02.17
FF ~ London Stadium ~ 23.06.18
Shifty ~ The Fleece ~ 02.04.19

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!.../102594985219/You Know You're a Foo Fighters Fan When...FB Group
Old April 18th 2015, 05:25 PM
Screams in silence

Alone+Easy Target??!!!! I knew I should have driven there to listen from outside!
Old April 18th 2015, 06:25 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I hope someone records it, I've a feeling it's going to be something a little different than just the hits.
I really hope someone did record it.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 18th 2015, 06:30 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Everlong wasnt on setlist but gets played :/
Old April 19th 2015, 11:48 AM
Yo.

We also got Outside which was great (and not on the setlist)! LOVED Alone + Easy. OMG.
Old April 19th 2015, 01:03 PM
Yo.

This is long. My apologies. I was in the moment all day yesterday!

First, if anyone from management or crew is reading this, THANK YOU for the amazing experience and all of the hard work put that everyone put in to making this happened. A rock show at noon on a gorgeous Spring morning from a store front in a local strip mall in Middle America. Just so f’ing cool.

Three of us arrived at the Record Connection in Ohio Wednesday morning around 8:00 am BEFORE the details were announced on ticketing. For me, it was about a 1.5 hour drive so it was super close. Amy had the longest drive from Columbus which was 2.5 hours but still so close! At 10:00 am, we were setup at the Dunkin Donuts in the plaza waiting for the announcement. It came out. When we saw that the tickets/album pre-order was for Thursday we literally took 30 minutes to figure out what each of us were going to do.

I had a hall pass so I immediately was like “I’m staying.” Soon, the others (Amy and Emily C.) were staying as well. Amy literally chased the owner of the store down in his mini-van as he was pulling out. You know, we had questions!! The mental picture of Amy chasing the mini-van is forever burnt in my brain.

We loaded up on supplies for camping out since no one had even considered that option. Awesome reclining lounge chair from Walgreens, check. Fleece blanket that looked like a Christmas tree skirt, check. Food, check. Now let’s get the party started.

We positioned ourselves in front the Record Connection. Soon, enough other’s started to line up as well. We were taking bets on how quickly the 150 spots would be taken. Very surprisingly, it was around 11:00 or 11:30 pm that night before all the spots were taken. Jeff, the store owner, had us make a list – a numbered list – to capture the order and people in line (we had Morgan’s name on the list so she was set as she made her way from Boston and she got there in time!). Jeff instructed us to stay on the plaza property over night or we’d lose our spot (he encouraged us to sleep in our cars). The crowd was limited to the 150 people in line, so it was safe and well controlled.

The vibe was so, so cool. The local community was stoked to have this happening (the press coverage was insane). Jeff rented porta potties for us. The Foo’s sent enough KFC chicken and the fixings to feed everyone in line. Who does that?? God bless, small town America! And for so many people, this was going to be the FIRST Foo show. I mean, really. 150 person show for their first show? Wow. How cool.

Thursday at 10:00 am we pre-ordered Record Day Store release and got our credentials (a sales slip) for Saturday. We dispersed and went our separate ways until Saturday morning…

Saturday we arrived at 6:45 but we knew they was no line until 9:00. But ya know. We were committed at that point. Several people were already there some of which were in line for RSD purchases. They lined us up at the far end of the plaza to check in at 9:00 am. Then we waited for doors. Again, we were blessed to be at the front of the line so we were first in (that took a little strategy. )

Doors opened and wow, we made it to the front. It was surreal for me. Standing there in a former sewing machine store in Niles, Ohio. At noon. Waiting for my favorite band. We knew it was going to be a short set but whatever, right?!?

Everyone was so freaking happy!! The excitement in the room was palpable. You could just feel the good vibes everywhere! For a large part of the people, this was their FIRST Foo show. First. 150 people. Just so amazing. That made me as happy as anything knowing that their minds were about to be blown. At noon. In a strip mall. In Ohio. Damn.

Then it happened. Dave and the guys came out full on. We’d seen the setlist since it was in front of us and saw some exciting things on the list.

Remember, no barrier and maybe an 8” riser. Maybe. We couldn’t be any closer. Bebe told us to be cool since there was no barrier…the possibility of one of us falling over an amp and onto the stage was real. People were cool. I can’t say how much people got into it from behind me but I know that the four of us danced (and sweated profusely).

We were treated to Alone + Easy as well as Kids in America plus solos by everyone including Dave on drums. Yeah, that happened. Taylor was so cute as he came out from behind the kit and plopped on the florr to watch Dave. Then, Dave was like “You need to sing! “Taylor did a freestyle solo that was so much fun. I only hope that they had as much fun as we did.

The hour went by fast as it always does. Once again, Everlong wrapped the set. I looked at my friends, we hugged, we danced and we said “until we met again”.

Sorry that this is long. I’m sure that I’m missing all sorts of detail. It was such a blessing to see this little show. Some of you have had seen them in smaller venues but for me, I’m not sure much can top this experience.

Feel free to add in! Lots of cool things happened to some great people. A bunch of folks met the band in various places around Warren!
Old April 19th 2015, 01:24 PM
The Sidekick

Sounds great Heather, glad you all had a great time. It certainly looked like it from the video snippet they tweeted, you lot in the front row seemed to be the only ones rocking out. Sounds like it was indeed a special show as I thought it might be.

Do you happen to recall the order of the two non-setlist songs? I assume Everlong was last, but do you remember where Outside slipped in?

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 19th 2015, 01:49 PM
Normal

Thank you so much for that, Heather I'm super happy for you guys and I'm glad you had the best time ever!
Old April 19th 2015, 02:15 PM
Yo.

Simon,

Pretty sure this is how it went down:

1. “White Limo”
2. “Arlandria”
3. “Congregation”
4. “The Pretender”
5. “Outside”
6. “Learn to Fly”
7. “My Hero”
8. “Big Me”
9. “Alone + Easy Target”
10. “Kids in America” (Kim Wilde cover)
11. “Everlong”

I think...

Last edited by Ginger Ninja : April 19th 2015 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Brain Fade.
Old April 19th 2015, 02:52 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Learn to Fly was on the setlist but was not played.
Old April 19th 2015, 06:45 PM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejackblt View Post
Learn to Fly was on the setlist but was not played.
I couldn't remember! That's kinda what I thought but thanks for the correction!
Old April 19th 2015, 07:30 PM
Visiting is pretty...

No worries! I think Big Me and My Hero switched spots too. Thanks for offering your extra pizza to everyone. I'm one of Brad's Metallica friends. Everybody was really cool about sharing stuff, especially donuts since Dunkin Donuts was nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
I couldn't remember! That's kinda what I thought but thanks for the correction!
Old April 19th 2015, 07:33 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Sounds brilliant Heather
Old April 19th 2015, 09:21 PM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejackblt View Post
No worries! I think Big Me and My Hero switched spots too. Thanks for offering your extra pizza to everyone. I'm one of Brad's Metallica friends. Everybody was really cool about sharing stuff, especially donuts since Dunkin Donuts was nearby.
Oh, snap!!! I think you're right. It was nice to meet you, too! Who knew we were going to get a truck load of KFC? I wanted to make sure people ate. Gotta keep yet stamina up. 😃
Old April 20th 2015, 08:12 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Quote:
Simon,

1. “White Limo”
2. “Arlandria”
3. “Congregation”
4. “The Pretender”
5. “Outside”
6. “Learn to Fly”
7. “My Hero”
8. “Big Me”
9. “Alone + Easy Target”
11. “Everlong”

I think...
Love this. Love the report. Love it.

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old April 20th 2015, 09:40 AM
Yo.

Thanks, Col!

It boggles my mind the amount of work went into staging this one hour show. The financial investment alone had to be monstrous. Damn, I just can't thank the band, the crew and management enough for making the it happened! (Oh, and Jeff at the Record Connection).
Old April 20th 2015, 11:00 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Simon,

1. “White Limo”
2. “Arlandria”
3. “Congregation”
4. “The Pretender”
5. “Outside”
6. “Learn to Fly”
7. “My Hero”
8. “Big Me”
9. “Alone + Easy Target”
11. “Everlong”

I think...
Confirmed - but I believe Outside replaced LTF, Everlong was well - there last of course lol:
https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...46&oe=55DB8D1A

From my Ohio seller "ifightfoo" (yes actual eBay name - so a true fan)
"...show was amazing. Definitely once-in-a-lifetime. It was being filmed so hopefully it makes its way on a documentary or something...."

I can't be right on the content now of course but who knows...
http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthrea...19#post4040219

Last edited by FooZealand : April 20th 2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old April 20th 2015, 11:05 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Quote:
Thanks, Col!

It boggles my mind the amount of work went into staging this one hour show. The financial investment alone had to be monstrous. Damn, I just can't thank the band, the crew and management enough for making the it happened! (Oh, and Jeff at the Record Connection).
I clocked you in the official photos also!

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old April 20th 2015, 11:26 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Thanks, Col!

Huge thanks for such a wonderful totally ALL good heartwarming review. Still so sad the last gig like this they would have done was so in my grasp and then torn away at the Town Hall, but so great to see this was so incredibly good in every way for everyone that sat on the street and said fuck it I'm staying whatever happens

Surely a note for the future for this kind of gig; you want to come? You fucking come - don't sit in line as a scalper - you'll only end up being invited through the door. Foo Fighters live: asphalt not transferable