Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 13th 2016, 12:21 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Yeah it's interesting that he's gone and gotten PSA certs for everything after a long time trying to sell stuff with no luck. It worked on one a few months back that he got 9000 for. So I guess 12k is possible sooner or later to someone, but it's a hell of a lot of money just for a snap shot of history.
Old December 13th 2016, 12:37 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

And for $11945 less lol

Rare 1995 Minneapolis advert from the "City Pages" Arts and Entertainment weekly free paper

Sonic Highways South American tour leg All Access pass. I particularly like this one looking rather a lot like Dave as Jesus lol

X-Files The Album 1998 Atlantic Studios Gold CDR test pressing for Electra, with "extra features" like "Flower Man" being all one word.

Old December 20th 2016, 07:52 AM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Just in..

Some Dave related items.

Rush - 2112 (Deluxe 2cd, dvd set)

Mike Watt - Ring Spiel (EU, 2LP)

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old December 20th 2016, 07:17 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

My Owl t-shirt arrived today. It's pretty good!
Old December 24th 2016, 07:02 PM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Just in:

Dave related.

Nine Inch Nails - Not The Actual Events (Digital files)

Ordered the vinyl, but that will come later on in 2017

One track features Dave on drums. Track four, THE IDEA OF YOU

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old December 27th 2016, 04:23 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

1995 Promo No1 Stickers
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122160806506

Old December 27th 2016, 04:29 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

1995 backstage pass (gig unknown)

Looks 90% fake until you look at the 2nd image of the aged strip-tac, $ then it's suddenly 100% genuine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331530205935

Old December 27th 2016, 04:33 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

2000 bagged sticker set from a US gig (I think. prob pre website)
www.ebay.com/itm/201747247333

Old December 27th 2016, 04:38 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

The partner to the US TCATS Promo T-Shirt (below) - this one's the similar US gig variant.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172453164101

Old January 27th 2017, 09:05 PM
Good Grief

Original glowing alien shirt signed by Dave, Pat, Nate & William in 1996. The pink fade is a common issue with this shirt. Backstage pass sticker is placed on the front of the shirt and has AMPS written in it. AMPS toured with the Foos that year. It's so cool seeing this rare item glowing 20 years later

Last edited by Foo_R_U : January 27th 2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old January 28th 2017, 12:49 AM
Have you found your way around

Nice!

I now have no money to spare... And won't for a while. Only if something comes up ridiculously cheap then I may consider it.

PS does anyone know of any record stores in Vancouver? As may see if there's anything whilst I'm there..
Old January 31st 2017, 03:43 AM
A star burned out

Just placed an order for The One CD Single.

Been several years without buying anything Foo related (other than a ticket for their Sao Paulo show in 2015 ).

Had a couple of rough years where I even tried to sell my collection, had people interested but I was just too lazy to make it work so I'm thankful to you, lazy past me.

Now I'm trying to get back to it and I'm starting slowly with that single, currently eying a few not very impressive items but ones I don't have yet that should get the ball rolling (TCATS Australian tour pack, Australian TINLTL - the one with the swimmer - For All The Cows promo), made an offer on disc two of Live in Holland (I have the box with disc one) but that's as bold as I got for now.

I'm looking to get at least a couple of more expensive items this year though, not going crazy of course as I didn't get rich, just comfortable enough to indulge myself a little. so what's been hot these days? I'm looking to maybe get Medium Rare and SFTLR but I'm not sure yet, a few years ago I actually had someone buy MR for me somewhere in europe when it came out with Q Magazine, it was really cheap but I went through some stuff that forced me to drop it, so I pretty much hate myself now.

EDIT:

Has anyone seen this? Is it legit? It's a brazilian release and all the text information follows mandatory format of every CD packaging released here officially, I just never had seen it with yellow text like this.

• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •

Last edited by Felipe. : January 31st 2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old February 1st 2017, 11:58 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
Has anyone seen this? Is it legit? It's a brazilian release and all the text information follows mandatory format of every CD packaging released here officially, I just never had seen it with yellow text like this.

Never see it, but it does look very official. Here's the 1997 that I and others have:
https://www.discogs.com/release/2557...e-Shape/images

Everything is there the same, your pics show perforations on the inlay too, AND the yellow is used on the front and the back (the track numbers on the rear). So it would seem there was absolutely nothing to gain from someone trying to fake it in yellow - so why bother.

Other subtle things - the yellow front text has very slight 3D relief which is very hard to see on the red text version (but I believe is actually there) its done in either black or very dark blue in the red version but in yellow/black edge here.

The other odd thing (maybe) is the 24385 58322 number under the bar code on the rear - it does kinda seem to have an odd gradient (sloping down to the right) line under it in your picture - like it was an edge of a piece of something stuck over the top afterwards before replication for printing.

Might even perhaps be an insert/inlay test pressing and someone got the colours wrong.

EDIT - just notice one more thing - the very faint outline of yellow boxes on the extreme outside edges outside those perforations - totally consistent with the red boxes on the original with "FOO FIGHTERS" in white text in the red box. So it would see the boxes there are in matching yellow as well. I'd go with real - whether a variant of commercial or a sample is very hard to say.

Last edited by FooZealand : February 2nd 2017 at 12:02 AM.
Old February 2nd 2017, 01:24 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Never see it, but it does look very official. Here's the 1997 that I and others have:
https://www.discogs.com/release/2557...e-Shape/images

Everything is there the same, your pics show perforations on the inlay too, AND the yellow is used on the front and the back (the track numbers on the rear). So it would seem there was absolutely nothing to gain from someone trying to fake it in yellow - so why bother.

Other subtle things - the yellow front text has very slight 3D relief which is very hard to see on the red text version (but I believe is actually there) its done in either black or very dark blue in the red version but in yellow/black edge here.

The other odd thing (maybe) is the 24385 58322 number under the bar code on the rear - it does kinda seem to have an odd gradient (sloping down to the right) line under it in your picture - like it was an edge of a piece of something stuck over the top afterwards before replication for printing.

Might even perhaps be an insert/inlay test pressing and someone got the colours wrong.

EDIT - just notice one more thing - the very faint outline of yellow boxes on the extreme outside edges outside those perforations - totally consistent with the red boxes on the original with "FOO FIGHTERS" in white text in the red box. So it would see the boxes there are in matching yellow as well. I'd go with real - whether a variant of commercial or a sample is very hard to say.
I saw it here: http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/M...pe-lacrado-_JM

I was duped before in this website so I thought I'd ask, he said the one he's selling is the normal red one, I was going to place an order even at the risk of it being fake since it's not expensive, but I didn't want to risk receiving the normal one I can get sealed on pretty much any store on any shopping mall around here.

now I'm intrigued about why he picked this image,where and what it even is since as you point out seem pretty legit, he didn't include that info and apparently I'm blocked from asking any further, guess he took offense or something.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old February 3rd 2017, 03:14 AM
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

Hey crew,

It's been a while, and obviously slow on the collecting front.

There's been something gnawing at me though, that comes on stronger every now and then.

For over 10 years now - I've been trying to track down a gig poster from the Foos acoustic tour back in '06 - specifically the Sydney Opera House shows (which blew my fucking mind, and literally reduced me to tears )...

Any ideas where I might have some success tracking one down?

I'm on a similar quest for the Them Crooked Vultures set of Aus gig posters by Rhys Cooper, but they do come up once or twice a year on the Bay.

Just to keep it on theme - I did receive my vinyl copy of KOTA and t-shirt this week!
Old February 3rd 2017, 11:32 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
I saw it here: http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/M...pe-lacrado-_JM

I was duped before in this website so I thought I'd ask, he said the one he's selling is the normal red one, I was going to place an order even at the risk of it being fake since it's not expensive, but I didn't want to risk receiving the normal one I can get sealed on pretty much any store on any shopping mall around here.

now I'm intrigued about why he picked this image,where and what it even is since as you point out seem pretty legit, he didn't include that info and apparently I'm blocked from asking any further, guess he took offense or something.
Well yeah that's pretty strange all round - it almost seems like your qn has sparked him looking and seeing that IF he does have this yellow variant, then it might actually be worth more money because of your questioning him. Or, worse - he's reading this thread and doesn't have that version - but is now off to buy it...lol.

Those are good sized images with lots of detail. Not super clean - perfect for a match with edited camera shots, or even rough edited scans. Fakes would be cleaner is my feeling, even before all the other analysis. And I've never seen a yellow variant and you'd say look at this how rare etc if you were trying to do that - with the associated extra cost straight up on the listing.

I'm intrigued too now - because it looks like something not only unique for the country but anywhere.
Old February 3rd 2017, 11:41 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFurlong View Post
Hey crew,

There's been something gnawing at me though, that comes on stronger every now and then.

For over 10 years now - I've been trying to track down a gig poster from the Foos acoustic tour back in '06 - specifically the Sydney Opera House shows (which blew my fucking mind, and literally reduced me to tears )...

I'm on a similar quest for the Them Crooked Vultures set of Aus gig posters by Rhys Cooper, but they do come up once or twice a year on the Bay.

Just to keep it on theme - I did receive my vinyl copy of KOTA and t-shirt this week!

Know that on/off feeling of "yeah still fucking with me" very well.

You need to get in touch with John at Beyond The Pale.
http://beyondthepale.com.au/contact/

Phone: +61 3 9593 8900
Email: johnh@beyondthepale.com.au

If anyone knows anything about it he will - and IF they did it, then he can keep an eye out for a copy in their many contacts in AUS.

If it is one of theirs they sometimes have copies of shit tucked away for rainy days too.
Old February 3rd 2017, 12:02 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Well yeah that's pretty strange all round - it almost seems like your qn has sparked him looking and seeing that IF he does have this yellow variant, then it might actually be worth more money because of your questioning him. Or, worse - he's reading this thread and doesn't have that version - but is now off to buy it...lol.

Those are good sized images with lots of detail. Not super clean - perfect for a match with edited camera shots, or even rough edited scans. Fakes would be cleaner is my feeling, even before all the other analysis. And I've never seen a yellow variant and you'd say look at this how rare etc if you were trying to do that - with the associated extra cost straight up on the listing.

I'm intrigued too now - because it looks like something not only unique for the country but anywhere.
I googled every combination of words I could think of that could lead me to something, scoured discogs and tried a reverse image search, no presence of it whatsoever. it looks a lot like a scan to me and the complete online absence of it makes me think it's his scan so he might actually have this and had no idea it could be interesting to anyone.

the account looks like an online store of used cds, lps and such so it could also be handled by a lot of people, there's also a chance they just dismissed my asking.

but man now I want to know what the fuck this is, if you the sesoned collector member of the select 100 club has no idea what it is and thinks it's legit I want to find it.
Old February 3rd 2017, 02:24 PM
The Sidekick

I'm no printing expert but could that just be a printing error that has not set the red correctly? Or the ink was running out? As I say I don't know much about printing but I do know how some printouts change colours when one of the CMY colours is running out.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.

Last edited by Simon : February 3rd 2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old February 3rd 2017, 04:31 PM
FooArchive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFurlong View Post
Hey crew,

!
Did you contact The Uprising Creative? They designed those posters (as Uprising International back then) it's probably a long shot, but who knows maybe some of their artist proofs languish in a flat file somewhere.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl