Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 25th 2011, 05:26 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Smile Re: Council Bluffs and Tulsa

Hey it's "Mike in AZ". Last night was a true treat! I want to thank other fans that I got to hang with in line and rub elbows with on the rail. Joel and Stacy from Indiana; your great and I hope you're back home safely, such excellent rail etiquette. I could always get my place back on the rail after each trip to the boys room. Doug and ?(wife) to my right; I hope my yelling and thrashing head wasn't too bothersome and thanks for your rail support. True2foo; nice to meet you! Outside, Rick on the bus from Indiana; I lost you inside. I assume you went to the right side of the stage. Good conversation before the show over a few cold beers. Be careful whom you accept future rides from! Lori from KC; I hope the beer outside wasn't too much to affect your enjoyment of the show. I truly appreciated everybody's camaraderie!!! And look forward to seeing you again.
Now the show. Un f'n believable. I had the corner of the rails on the left side. Being the first fan to enter the venue and see nobody near the stage made me emotional before the show even started. The set list was a dream. Sure there were a few songs I would have liked added (headwires, doa/hell) but that's being picky. The power that Dave and the band delivered was as good as I have ever seen. I have no idea how he can give so much of himself night after night. He is a fantastic showman and really cares about his fans. "Let it die" done acoustically was amazing. "Everlong" in is original format was nice to hear again. Taylor is an insane machine on the drums, smiling nonstop. The band seems happier. It's no joke, they are really playing for 2 hours and 40 minutes. Even when Dave slows it down so everyone can catch their breath he delivered emotionally charged acoustic versions of "Best of You" and "Times like These" (I may be mixing up which he did acoustically). This was my 8th show and it was the best. I can't believe they're still rocking so forcefully!
After the show, while the rodies where doing their thing, I was hanging on the rail soaking in what I just experienced. Suddenly there was a CRUSH of pressure behind me and out of the corner of my eye something was tossed from the stage to me. I couldn't grab it as I was mobbed from behind. It fell to the floor. Security ignored it and told the maniacs behind me leave. The security person later discreetly handed it to me...the set list attached to one of Taylors drum sticks.
I just had one of the best days of my life. Thank you Foo Fighters!
BTW, if anyone got a great close up picture of Dave from the left side of the stage I'd like a copy to add to the soon to be framed set list and drum stick. Another picture request; does anyone have me in the view of one of their pics of the band? Thanks in advance! This got long winded but it felt good to re-live my day in Council Bluffs.
Old May 25th 2011, 05:47 AM
Colors inside the lines

Default Re: Council Bluffs and Tulsa

Doug & LeAnn (Chicago on the board. I was on the other side of true2foo & directly below Dave.) I'm the one Shifty pointed at and said hi to during the Stacked Actors guitar solos. I got some great shots of Dave, but got home late tonight & won't have time to upload them until Monday.

My next show is St. Louis. How about you?

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old May 25th 2011, 06:02 AM
Have you found your way around

Hey Mike, good to hear from you! We lost you after the show was over so didn't get to say goodbye. Thanks so much fir looking out for me on the rail. I really appreciated you trying to keep that chick's elbow out of my face! I'm glad you are the one who got the stick and the setlist-nice score!

Good meeting you and look forward to seeing you next time!

Old May 25th 2011, 06:24 AM
I'll Stick Around

no pícs.. that's a shame...
Old May 25th 2011, 11:13 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
Four covers is too many in one set.
I kinda agree with this - we're there to see the band play their music. There are other great songs that they could have played instead from their own back catalogue.

I am still surprised to see no "These Days" on the setlist. Given the way this one was talked up prior to Wasting Light's release I'd have thought they'd be playing it every show.

Glad all the boardies had a blast though.

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old May 25th 2011, 04:56 PM

I love the covers!
Old May 25th 2011, 05:09 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
Four covers is too many in one set.
Maybe if it was a normal length set, but they played for 3 hours, it was a good mix.
Old May 25th 2011, 08:39 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I saw the Tulsa show and thought it kicked ass. There were a few tunes I would like to have seen them play that were left off, but the energy was great and I enjoyed the hell out of myself. It was well worth the 5 hour drive from deep East Texas. Should have made the Little Rock show too but we were worn smooth ass out.

I'm going to the Kansas City show in September and staying with a buddy. Anyone have any recommendations for hotels/bars in the area?

Oh yeah, one more thing... the only video we have was taken with our phones and of course you can hear us all doing our best Dave imitations during the damned songs so it sounds awful. It would be great if the band would do a video/audio recording of each show and sell them on the internet post-show. They'd easily sell a few thousand after each show and at $20 a pop that would be some serious coin in their pockets. If nothing else they could give the $$ to charity. I'd LOVE to have a recording of that show that didn't include my buddy screaming "UNNNNDER THE COLD STREEEET LIGHTS... NO TOMORROW - NO DEAD END IN Siiiigggggghhhhhttt (voice cracking)" at the top of his lungs... ;-)

Last edited by LonghornBob : May 25th 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old May 25th 2011, 08:48 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBob View Post
I saw the Tulsa show and thought it kicked ass. There were a few tunes I would like to have seen them play that were left off, but the energy was great and I enjoyed the hell out of myself. It was well worth the 5 hour drive from deep East Texas. Should have made the Little Rock show too but we were worn smooth ass out.

I'm going to the Kansas City show in August and staying with a buddy. Anyone have any recommendations for hotels/bars in the area?

Oh yeah, one more thing... the only video we have was taken with our phones and of course you can hear us all doing our best Dave imitations during the damned songs so it sounds awful. It would be great if the band would do a video/audio recording of each show and sell them on the internet post-show. They'd easily sell a few thousand after each show and at $20 a pop that would be some serious coin in their pockets. If nothing else they could give the $$ to charity. I'd LOVE to have a recording of that show that didn't include my buddy screaming "UNNNNDER THE COLD STREEEET LIGHTS... NO TOMORROW - NO DEAD END IN Siiiigggggghhhhhttt (voice cracking)" at the top of his lungs... ;-)

The KC show is in September...but I am sure you knew that and mistakenly typed August.

I can't confirm for every tour stop, but I got a free download of the Metallica show I saw in KC a couple years ago. It was included somehow with my ticket purchase or something. I forget, but it definitely was through Metallica.com. Kind of cool to have a cd of the show I went to for my 40th birthday.
9-17-2011......St. Louis, Scottrade Center
Old May 25th 2011, 08:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

You are correct sir. I edited it. I'm certain it's going to a be sick, sick trip. The fact that it's on a Friday and I won't have the guilt of knowing I'll be staying in bed the next day while my employees run the office will make it doubly entertaining... By the time we crawled to the hotel at 3 in Tulsa I knew my office could be on fire and I wasn't going to know about it or care until noon.
Old May 25th 2011, 08:56 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperrrDave View Post
Here is a shitty video of Ace of Spaces from Council Bluffs with Dave on Bass...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfLK--IlJl0
That is so cool they did this. Pretty neat seeing Dave play bass and sing on that tune. A little hard to really hear the bass though on that recording...
Old May 25th 2011, 08:57 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBob View Post
You are correct sir. I edited it. I'm certain it's going to a be sick, sick trip. The fact that it's on a Friday and I won't have the guilt of knowing I'll be staying in bed the next day while my employees run the office will make it doubly entertaining... By the time we crawled to the hotel at 3 in Tulsa I knew my office could be on fire and I wasn't going to know about it or care until noon.
Hahaha. Nice. We will be at the KC show as well, but instead of sleeping in we will be heading over to the StL show the next day. Can't wait for September!!
Old May 25th 2011, 09:55 PM

I'm sure everyone will be at Power and Light before/after the show. It's directly across from the Sprint Center (in KC).
Old May 26th 2011, 03:27 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Old May 26th 2011, 03:28 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Well that didn't work, username on youtube is yumyumdoodle. No Rickroll, I promise!
Old May 26th 2011, 11:45 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
Pics when I get home. I'm sure true2foo has some to post also. Motorhead was stuck in Dallas d/t weather. Dave played bass on Ace of Spades.

Shifty was smiling all night, something I never noticed before. Last night's show was so much better than the 2008 Council Bluffs show. The crowd and the band were in top form.
Yes I do, just taking forever to download/upload and organize. I'll try to post some today.
02/29/08 - Fayetteville, AR
07/17/08 - Oklahoma City, OK
07/19/08 - Kansas City, MO
07/20/08 - St. Louis, MO
09/25/08 - Vegas
09/26/08 - Vegas
09/24/09 - SDRE - Chicago, IL
10/05/09 - TCV!!! - Nashville, TN
10/06/09 - SDRE - Houston, TX
05/17/11 - Tulsa, OK
05/23/11 - Council Bluffs, IA
09/16/11 - Kansas City, MO
09/17/11 - St. Louis, MO
White Limo's 1st Bride
Old May 26th 2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo r u View Post
Hey it's "Mike in AZ". Last night was a true treat! I want to thank other fans that I got to hang with in line and rub elbows with on the rail. Joel and Stacy from Indiana; your great and I hope you're back home safely, such excellent rail etiquette. I could always get my place back on the rail after each trip to the boys room. Doug and ?(wife) to my right; I hope my yelling and thrashing head wasn't too bothersome and thanks for your rail support. True2foo; nice to meet you...Bluffs.
Hey Mike,

It was great to meet you too! Nice summary of your experience! Sooooo very happy that you got some momentos from the band to take home! That is so cool!!!!!!
07/20/08 - St. Louis, MO
09/25/08 - Vegas
09/26/08 - Vegas
05/17/11 - Tulsa, OK
09/17/11 - St. Louis, MO
White Limo's 1st Bride
Old May 26th 2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Hey Mike, good to hear from you! We lost you after the show was over so didn't get to say goodbye. Thanks so much fir looking out for me on the rail. I really appreciated you trying to keep that chick's elbow out of my face! I'm glad you are the one who got the stick and the setlist-nice score!

Good meeting you and look forward to seeing you next time!

Hey lady, it was great to talk to you and your hubby! You guys are great rail-mates!!! So glad they finally got rid of the drunk tweeker behind you! Geez!!!
07/20/08 - St. Louis, MO
09/25/08 - Vegas
09/26/08 - Vegas
05/17/11 - Tulsa, OK
09/17/11 - St. Louis, MO
White Limo's 1st Bride
Old May 26th 2011, 06:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Hey guys I'm finally getting around to uploading my videos from the show. I did get School's out cover and a few others. I'll try and keep updating this post, but if i don;t you can subscribe to my youtube page.

Rope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heEeN..._order&list=UL

Walk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNOwt..._order&list=UL

Miss The Misery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxcsiQP6cTc

Schools Out cover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cq6tvJdSuE

Last edited by Chewy030 : May 27th 2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old May 26th 2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by true2foo View Post
Hey lady, it was great to talk to you and your hubby! You guys are great rail-mates!!! So glad they finally got rid of the drunk tweeker behind you! Geez!!!
Thanks - it was great meeting you and your friend, too!! It's always nice to make new friends and then have them by you on the rail to enjoy the show together and look out for each other! I wish I had taken a pic of your friend's tattoo; I was telling another Foo fan about it and wished I'd taken one to show her.

You're not kidding about that dude that got taken out behind us. I literally was ready to jam my elbow into his head. His breath alone was making me drunk-he reeked like gasoline! I don't know what he was drinking but it smelled like straight grain alcohol. The undersides of my upper arms and both my knees were beaten to a pulp and have some nice bruises. I am sad, though, that my t shirt got ripped to shreds by my belt buckle and the rail.

I downloaded my pix last night - somehow I took about 1,300. My camera has a feature where if you hold down the button it will just keep taking pictures every 3 seconds, and I did that a lot, so I have a ton. Still organizing and editing out the bad ones. Looking forward to seeing yours!!