Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 24th 2014, 05:19 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Wrigley Field show announced (and impact on UK as well)

I got 4 tix in section 205. I'm going to try again on Monday to get better seats. If that happens...I will sell my original 4 to people on this board for face value by some sort of random drawing.
Old October 24th 2014, 05:22 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
I believe PJ was partially seated on the field. From what the seating guide on the Cubs website showed, this appears to be all standing on the field.

Over here, a football field can easily get 40,000 on the pitch for a gig and I've seen people play football at baseball grounds, so I'd say 30-40k is not THAT unrealistic.
You may be right but Wrigley's field is not that big. Plus, you have a huge stage and a catwalk that is going to take up a lot of room. Just hope they don't oversell the area and we're stacked up assholes to elbows.
Old October 24th 2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricker182 View Post
I got section 36! Pretty happy.
Those look to be pretty good. First row of reserved might not be that bad. I got gen adm so I can move around. Reserved just looks so far away though.
Old October 24th 2014, 05:31 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I believe PJ was partially seated on the field. From what the seating guide on the Cubs website showed, this appears to be all standing on the field.

Over here, a football field can easily get 40,000 on the pitch for a gig and I've seen people play football at baseball grounds, so I'd say 30-40k is not THAT unrealistic.
For Pearl Jam, about half the field or more was seated and the front was GA standing. I was in seats on the field.
Old October 24th 2014, 05:35 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
You may be right but Wrigley's field is not that big. Plus, you have a huge stage and a catwalk that is going to take up a lot of room. Just hope they don't oversell the area and we're stacked up assholes to elbows.
But that's the fun of a gig!

The stage they are using looks much similar in shape to ones they have used at cricket/football stadiums over here. I still would be surprised at anything less than 25,000 standing, in terms of size, unless there's any kind of restrictions placed by the local authorities in terms of capacity, as sometimes happens.
Old October 24th 2014, 05:37 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Here's the rub. I also go to a lot of shows; several years in a row I went to nearly 100 per year. I still go to many, though not that level. I'm busier now, I have a very good job and responsibilities. The problem with Will Call only is how do I sell a ticket if, after buying a ticket 9 months in advance, I can't make the show as the date approaches. This is a MAJOR problem. For real fans. I'm not in college or immediately post college or underemployed so that I can show up to any show any time. Or even show up night of the show to "transfer" my Will Call ticket (which is not allowed at all for some shows who wristband you right there for floor tickets).

In very few cases do the "brokered ticket" prices not drop a lot. Right after the ticket sale? Don't even LOOK at stubhub. Those are for folks freaking out and paying 3-4 times what they could if they relax. And the brokers and Cubs season ticket holders who want to take advantage of that.

Somehow I must live a semi charmed life as I've gotten in to just about every show that was really really important to me. There's a way. If *once in a while* you overpay for a secondary market, no worries. Most of the time you get face value, and overall you're still doing fine.

Two things for this show in particular:
1) Wrigley field is ginormous. There will be SO many tickets on sale Monday, far more than Foo normally sell to their arena shows. You all realize, Foo do NOT sell out the full arenas on their regular tours fairly often.

2) Foo will be announcing an entire tour. As shows are announced and folks have more opportunities to see them, the prices on stubhub for Wrigley will plummet. In fact, I will go ahead and speculate that folks in the upper tiers will not be able to get rid of tickets if they hold on to them trying to get big money. The only major draw will be GA. And Foo, unlike any other band who's played Wrigley, made the WHOLE FIELD GA, not just a small pit surrounded by seating.

So, try Monday. And if you have no luck, relax. Check back in say February or March on stubhub and I'll bet you find actual fans who no longer can go selling tix not much above face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawggie View Post
Some bands only allow tickets to be picked up at will call the day of the show with a valid ID from the ticket buyer. That doesnít entirely eliminate ticket scalping, but it crushes the majority of it.

I donít understand why more bands wonít insist on will call only ticket sales on the day of the show. Many of their real fans get shut out from seeing their concerts since ticket brokers scoop up many of the good seats available and sell them for hundreds more than face value. If thatís the American Way, shame on America for being so stupid and not doing something about this. Itís not rocket science.

I love going to concerts. Iíve seen 280 shows. There is nothing like a great rock show. I love the Foo Fighters. Iíve seen them live several times and would love to take my wife and friends to see them at Wrigley next August. But if we get shut out next Monday, which unfortunately is possible, I will not be buying tickets from any broker website. I refuse to fork over ridiculous amounts of $ for concert tickets on the secondary market. It doesnít make me any less of a fan. It makes me sane.

Good luck to all the real fans on Monday. May each and every one of you get the tickets you are hoping for!
Old October 24th 2014, 05:38 PM
I look better in the blue light

Quote:
But that's the fun of a gig!

The stage they are using looks much similar in shape to ones they have used at cricket/football stadiums over here. I still would be surprised at anything less than 25,000 standing, in terms of size, unless there's any kind of restrictions placed by the local authorities in terms of capacity, as sometimes happens.
Guys have to remember this is still a ball field that will be used a couple days later. They aren't going to have 10,000 people on the outfield grass (with turf protection). Way too much invested into the field.

Wrigley only holds 32K with all the seats, IIRC. It's a small field, let alone a small venue.

Marcus Ampitheater in Milwaukee had a good portion of empty seats a couple years ago....
Old October 24th 2014, 05:40 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
Guys have to remember this is still a ball field that will be used a couple days later. They aren't going to have 10,000 people on the outfield grass (with turf protection). Way too much invested into the field.

Wrigley only holds 32K with all the seats, IIRC. It's a small field, let alone a small venue.

Marcus Ampitheater in Milwaukee had a good portion of empty seats a couple years ago....
It's just over 40k seated, according to wiki.

There's bound to be at least 10k on the field, otherwise why bother with a GA area at all. They'll want that to be full, otherwise they will be playing to an empty field and lots of people sat far away!
Old October 24th 2014, 05:42 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
Exactly. Springsteen set attendance records at Wrigley with 42,000 a night for 2 nights in 2012. His stage was smaller but there was reserved seating on the field. The Foo stage juts out to almost second base!
Old October 24th 2014, 05:48 PM
"Thanks for making a riot out there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
If they put down the plastic floor, they could (if space and fire code permits).

I go to Rock on the Range which is at a soccer stadium - they have 50,000 people every day for 3 days. The day after the festival they pull up the plastic flooring and its fine.
Old October 24th 2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
It's just over 40k seated, according to wiki.

There's bound to be at least 10k on the field, otherwise why bother with a GA area at all. They'll want that to be full, otherwise they will be playing to an empty field and lots of people sat far away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejackblt View Post
Exactly. Springsteen set attendance records at Wrigley with 42,000 a night for 2 nights in 2012. His stage was smaller but there was reserved seating on the field. The Foo stage juts out to almost second base!
I'm thinking 10ish too or a little more. I've been to Bonnaroo and their large stage holds a ton of people (70-80K). Wrigley isn't going to be that big. Music Midtown crammed 50K in to a small area 2 years ago when I saw the Foos on Fri and Pearl Jam on Sat. Wrigley's field isn't that big either.
Old October 24th 2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazesyth View Post
If they put down the plastic floor, they could (if space and fire code permits).

I go to Rock on the Range which is at a soccer stadium - they have 50,000 people every day for 3 days. The day after the festival they pull up the plastic flooring and its fine.
They will have the plastic floor down. They'll have to because the Cubs will still have another month left to play. The field would be destroyed otherwise.
Old October 24th 2014, 05:57 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Tarquin, who works at Wrigley, said that they will be putting down the plastic

you fail
Old October 24th 2014, 06:13 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadDonna View Post
I got aisle (I think that's their word for section) 124 row 4
Those are good seats.I got Section 139 row 4.One of the closer seating areas to stage,so I feel really lucky.I needed 4 tix could only get 2 first time then went back and got 2 more in 406 (upper box)which is also really good seats. I was getting pissed that I couldn't get 4 together,but after hearing some of the other stories,I feel fortunate to score the seats I did when I did.
Old October 24th 2014, 06:16 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

I wanted section 420, just for the humor factor.

you fail
Old October 24th 2014, 06:22 PM
The Boss

Default Re: Wrigley Presale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RChicago View Post
Long time huge fan that live in Chicago...

So disappointed. Was in the online waiting room, got onto the purchase page, then wasnt able to buy ANYTHING. In minutes I see hundreds of tickets go up on the secondary market - so much for fan club pre sale access.

Clicked for 75 minutes straight and walked away with nothing.
It's not a fan club pre sale when it's shared with every rock based radio station in Chicago as well.

Stupid people posted the password all over Facebook and then radio station passwords....it's hard to control it.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old October 24th 2014, 06:27 PM
Yo.

I had no luck...pretty annoying.
Old October 24th 2014, 06:43 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
It's not a fan club pre sale when it's shared with every rock based radio station in Chicago as well.

Stupid people posted the password all over Facebook and then radio station passwords....it's hard to control it.
I know with some pre sales for other music acts in the past I have used, have used a code unique to the person being sent the email. People will be less wanting to spread it around social media then I would imagine?
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old October 24th 2014, 06:47 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I know with some pre sales for other music acts in the past I have used, have used a code unique to the person being sent the email. People will be less wanting to spread it around social media then I would imagine?
Most of those that I've seen usually come when you've bought something from the band, or are the member of a paying club - like, I got a unique code for Arcade Fire for pre-ordering their album last year that I could use once to apply for two tickets to any show on their most recent tour in their presales.
Old October 24th 2014, 06:51 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Most of those that I've seen usually come when you've bought something from the band, or are the member of a paying club - like, I got a unique code for Arcade Fire for pre-ordering their album last year that I could use once to apply for two tickets to any show on their most recent tour in their presales.
I don't think it would matter if we have paid for something or not. It could still be implemented. Last time I used a unique pre sale code it was from Madonna's Icon club, but it's not a paying club.I do think it would make things a little fairer for those who have actually signed up for the newsletter.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011