Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 18th 2014, 09:53 PM
The Sidekick

Default Re: 2015 North America Tour Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by divershan View Post
Simon,

For those of us in Northern Alberta with a traveling distance of 4.5 hours to the nearest venue (yes I live in the sticks I know), can we purchase ticket "in person" at our local ticketmaster or do we have to be at the Edmonton venue? So excited to be able to be able to see them again but I may have to wait for the online
You have to be at the announced location, sorry.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 18th 2014, 09:53 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
I wouldn't have picked Centennial Olympic Park as the outdoor venue to go to in Atlanta, but I don't know what else was booked around then. That still isn't stopping my ass from going though.
Same here.
Old November 18th 2014, 09:55 PM
Fuck it all, I came from nothing

Anyone else lining up for the Citi Field Box office pre-sale? I am stoked! So happy they did this. Getting tickets for MSG on Ticketmaster is always a nightmare.

___________________________________live.
Old November 18th 2014, 09:55 PM
everything, all the time

I'd also see them at ACL Wknd 2, but I was planning to go there anyway.

Ok, so live in So Cal where we have 2 announced shows but seeing them at Fenway and maybe in Austin. Makes perfect sense.
2008-09-28 Austin City Limits Festival
2008-03-06 Fabulous Forum
2008-02-10 Grammy's show with JPJ
2007-09-15 KROQ LA Invasion
Old November 18th 2014, 09:56 PM
everything, all the time

they could totally squeeze in Jazzfest btw, just sayin'

Apr 24-May 3
2008-09-28 Austin City Limits Festival
2008-03-06 Fabulous Forum
2008-02-10 Grammy's show with JPJ
2007-09-15 KROQ LA Invasion
Old November 18th 2014, 09:57 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

So this may be a stupid question but do we know if they're announcing anymore dates today or is another leg gonna be announced in the coming weeks, months or what?
Old November 18th 2014, 10:03 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footard View Post
So this may be a stupid question but do we know if they're announcing anymore dates today or is another leg gonna be announced in the coming weeks, months or what?
Probably a few more dates (ACL1, ACL2, ??) within the bunch they just announced. There's also the rumored spring US tour where they'd follow the 1995 tour schedule.
07/14/97 Tulsa, OK
09/24/97 Dallas, TX
06/06/00 Dallas, TX
10/22/00 Las Vegas, NV
10/29/00 SF, CA
04/22/03 Dallas, TX
09/15/05 Dallas, TX
01/23/08 Dallas, TX
07/04/15 Washington, DC
11/15/17 Tulsa, OK
Old November 18th 2014, 10:04 PM
These are my famous last words

L.A. people, who's lining up for the Honda Center and who's lining up for the Forum? I already checked Ticketmaster for prices (totals for the two ticket types are something like $50ish and $98ish for the Forum and nothing listed for Honda), and noticed that the Honda Center does not have a presale, which is weird, but the Forum has different presales all going on at the same time. Not sure I can line up at all this weekend, so will have to rely on the online sales (and hope that TM app works for me because the sales are during work hours and TM is blocked by our IT group sporadically, meaning I can't rely on it).

Ok, panic over. Good luck to all who brave the elements this weekend!
Old November 18th 2014, 10:05 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderndayjunecleaver View Post
I for one am fucking stoked. Even if my city didn't have a date announced, I'd still be happy because I'd pick my happy ass up and make another city happen. Good grief, do people expect them to play in fans backyards?

Anyways...has anyone heard prices yet?
Of course I don't expect them to play in my back yard. I expect them to play in my garage!

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old November 18th 2014, 10:06 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezbot View Post
L.A. people, who's lining up for the Honda Center and who's lining up for the Forum? I already checked Ticketmaster for prices (totals for the two ticket types are something like $50ish and $98ish for the Forum and nothing listed for Honda), and noticed that the Honda Center does not have a presale, which is weird, but the Forum has different presales all going on at the same time. Not sure I can line up at all this weekend, so will have to rely on the online sales (and hope that TM app works for me because the sales are during work hours and TM is blocked by our IT group sporadically, meaning I can't rely on it).

Ok, panic over. Good luck to all who brave the elements this weekend!
I'll be in Inglewood. I can't imagine trying to drive to Anaheim on a Friday night from LA.
Old November 18th 2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
Of course I don't expect them to play in my back yard. I expect them to play in my garage!
My garage is full, but they can play in my room addition. Another band has played there before and said the acoustics were quite nice
Old November 18th 2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I'll be in Inglewood. I can't imagine trying to drive to Anaheim on a Friday night from LA.
I'm in between Inglewood and Anaheim, but I already know I have that Friday off, so going down to Anaheim isn't a problem
Old November 18th 2014, 10:10 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5ive View Post
Probably a few more dates (ACL1, ACL2, ??) within the bunch they just announced. There's also the rumored spring US tour where they'd follow the 1995 tour schedule.
In a perfect world, they would announce an Ohio date (preferebly Columbus, would love to see them at Nationwide again) but if they don't announce any more dates before the online presale for this leg, I'll try my hardest to get tickets for Indianapolis, Detroit, Pittsburgh; any of those three. Then if there's another announcement later on and there's dates closer, I'll try and go to those, too. Indianapolis isn't too far from me but Detroit and Pittsburgh is quite a drive... fingers crossed for Indy.
Old November 18th 2014, 10:13 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
You have to be at the announced location, sorry.
I love your title...it's perfect. <3

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 18th 2014, 10:22 PM
Lining up the bastards since '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraLuke View Post
Anyone else lining up for the Citi Field Box office pre-sale? I am stoked! So happy they did this. Getting tickets for MSG on Ticketmaster is always a nightmare.
Yes, probably 40,000 of your favorite people! A bunch of folks are making the trip down from CT. Dress warm!! Temps not getting out of the 30's.
Old November 18th 2014, 10:23 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraLuke View Post
I will be there! The concert is also on my birthday lol
Old November 18th 2014, 10:23 PM
I'll Stick Around

This is such an awesome idea. Seriously. So old school and fun. It's been hectic trying to arrange buddies to lineup for tix in Calgary/Vancouver while I handle Edmonton duties, but should make for an awesome experience.

Ps- Anybody in Toronto want to do me a solid and snag me a ticket there Saturday.....
Old November 18th 2014, 10:24 PM
Sparkle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
Do we think Fenway will be GA on the field?

I'll be in Cincy for the All-Star game - would be a short trip to Boston to see my favorite band at my favorite team's stadium.

That and the LA/Anaheim dates aren't great for my work schedule (yes, I have my schedule through next September).

as someone who drove from Boston to Detroit ALL the time, it's at least 10-12 hours. I suppose that's short given that it would be further from CA, but just a heads up, it's not super short

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
--James Madison, (1751-1836)

History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.
-Thurgood Marshall, (1908-1993)

Team NIN - Secretary
Old November 18th 2014, 10:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by divershan View Post
Simon,

For those of us in Northern Alberta with a traveling distance of 4.5 hours to the nearest venue (yes I live in the sticks I know), can we purchase ticket "in person" at our local ticketmaster or do we have to be at the Edmonton venue? So excited to be able to be able to see them again but I may have to wait for the online
You have to get yourself down to Rexall place sometime before 9am if you want to get in on the box office pre-sale.

Process should be, no need to show up too early, be there between 30-20 minutes early for wristbands, no earlier than 1 hour though or security may tell you to come back later. Tickets should start selling at 9am. They will hand out random line number wrist bands to everyone and do a random drawing to see where the front of the line will be. If your number is drawn you get to be first, guy with the number after yours is next, etc etc and looping back to the people with the lower numbers and finally anyone who was not around when the wristbands were handed out are handled after that. So they draw number 15 min before the sale and everyone just kind of figures out their place in line behind that first guy.

Here is the ticketmaster page outlining the random draw policy:
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/h/random.html

The floor is general admission standing.
They will let you buy 2 floor or 4 stand seats. Don't think you can have both 2 on floor and 4 in the stands. So not likely a big deal to be first if you want to stand on the floor. As for what the best seats in the stands would be I'm not sure, I like the ones on the side of the stage myself. Got those for last show in Edmonton.

For Rexall they always give Oilers gold club season seat holders the right to buy their number of seats in the side stands (though not usually their regular seat numbers), so there may be many stands tickets in the 136-102 and 118-120 sections already taken.
Old November 18th 2014, 10:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footard View Post
In a perfect world, they would announce an Ohio date (preferebly Columbus, would love to see them at Nationwide again) but if they don't announce any more dates before the online presale for this leg, I'll try my hardest to get tickets for Indianapolis, Detroit, Pittsburgh; any of those three. Then if there's another announcement later on and there's dates closer, I'll try and go to those, too. Indianapolis isn't too far from me but Detroit and Pittsburgh is quite a drive... fingers crossed for Indy.
I'm in the same boat since I'm in Cleveland but Pittsburgh is only 2 hours away. The majority of the non-stadium shows are in outdoor amphitheaters. Since Polaris is gone and Columbus doesn't have one, you're going to have to roadtrip. Hoping for a show at Blossom or Riverbend but I'm not holding my breath.