Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 15th 2015, 11:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Canceled Spain Tour Date??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianfoo View Post
Oh hell nooo.
Another one of the 'I have tickets I want my show'-People.

I want to say this again and again:
Imagine you are a bandmember. 100 People have been executed at a concert of a chummy band. Would you be in the mood to Play a loud-ass rockshow where People go to get shitfaced, to have fun and the best time of their lives? I wouldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Yeah because demanding that the foos replace tour dates when people have died is a good thing?
haha,

I think that must not be too difficult to understand that things happen and people die every day.but that is not the reason why we stop doing things.

Happened in France (with its 3 days of mourning) and the concert in Spain in A WEEK (19/Nov) in Barcelona, they are different things, you don't have to see.

I also have to go to work every day.

If you are tired and you do not want to do the show... it is another thing.
Old November 15th 2015, 11:09 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Foo Fighters cancel the rest of their tour [Merged]

Foo Fighters Can you pay me the plane flight and hotel for not doing your job properly?

If you change the date as other groups (U2..) We would not lose money

But, cacelled the tour without new dates?? hahaha

I understand not going to France with 3 days of mourning. But don't go to Spain?? Still one week for the concert!!

Foo FIghters, If you are tired and do not want to act is another thing....

Old November 15th 2015, 11:22 PM
Fresh Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddibain View Post
Foo Fighters Can you pay me the plane flight and hotel for not doing your job properly?

I understand not going to France with 3 days of mourning. But don't go to Spain?? Still one week for the concert!!

You surely can't be so naive that you don't understand that huge rock gigs cannot be transferred that easily. They are massive productions. There might not be available dates at a suitable venue, the crew might not be available, who knows.

This is aside from the fact that their close friends almost just died and you want them to go onstage for you like performing monkeys. And yeah, U2, blah blah blah, they weren't close friends with EoDM like foos are.

And do not tell me "oh it's Spain! it's different, it's safe" You guys had the Madrid bombings. Have some fucking compassion.

I think it's quite clear that you're in the minority view here.
Old November 15th 2015, 11:38 PM
Have you found your way around

First of all, almost been in tears multiple times the last few days cause of what happened.

But onto this point... I get why the Foos had to cancel, and fully support it - but why the fuck do people think "oh but Spain its a different country so therefore why cancel that date".

It will have been taken into consideration when the decision was made (almost likely not to have been the bands choice apart from maybe the Paris/France gigs) - and get this: the sort of scum who did this in Paris will be thinking "we've got our window of opportunity to create maximum fear across Europe not just France".

The problem is when people are at their most fearful is when the scumbags will strike again - more often than not within weeks of when the first attack happens.

Sure we all have to remain strong but the way a concert was attacked makes the decision so much simpler, what can a few bouncers do against people with guns? Not much unless security was beefed up severely (by the army/police with guns) - but they have their own priority - making sure anyone who was involved in what happened that managed to get away at the time gets caught and brought to justice for what happened.

Its a catch-22 situation for the band regardless, if they went ahead they would be criticised from some corners for being "heartless", and if as they have done and postponed they would be criticised for giving in to the dicks who caused this to happen.

Also be mindful that to create maximum fear the people who support the kind of evil that did this would try and scare other countries into submission instead of just the one place.

TL;DR Version: accept the decision made and stop bitching, if a gig went ahead in spain and something like this happened then it would be fucking awful.

PS- apologies if this offends anyone here, that's not my intention I'm just getting annoyed reading that people are complaining that a few gigs won't be happening when really we should be thinking about more important things
Old November 15th 2015, 11:46 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:

Quote:
I think that must not be too difficult to understand that things happen and people die every day.but that is not the reason why we stop doing things.

Happened in France (with its 3 days of mourning) and the concert in Spain in A WEEK (19/Nov) in Barcelona, they are different things, you don't have to see.
Have you no compassion? If this terrorist attack was on another venue, another event I might begin to understand your point. However, the attack was on a music venue, full of music fans and on stage was a band Foo Fighters are very close to. They certainly all know each other as band members and it's probable the crew knew each other as well. Luckily the band weren't harmed but at least one crew member died. This is a traumatic event in the live music community, it will affect each and every person, especially those closest to those affected. But you want FF to walk on stage a week later and give their usual happy, cheery performance?

You keep talking about U2 changing their dates, where has this been said? All I see is a message from Bono saying they'll be back "as soon as possible". That could mean anything, it certainly isn't going to help with any flights and hotels you have for the current dates. It's currently no different from FF, they've cancelled dates and no new ones are re-scheduled.

When you buy tickets for ANY event, you risk losing money for a multitude of reasons. You yourself may fall ill, the band may be forced to cancel like this, the venue may be damaged etc etc. It is always a risk.

Finally, any money you have lost you can be assured the Foo Fighters group as a whole has lost more. Insurance does not cover all lost costs, far from it. They have not done this for any reason of being tired, and any decision was not taken lightly. They have been forced to take this decision owing to the events of Friday. You really think they did all that, just to stop the tour a whopping four shows early?

To accuse them of "not doing their jobs properly" and demanding they refund you, is ridiculous. I can tell you myself that ain't happening and if you don't like it, the door is that way.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 16th 2015, 12:10 AM

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkpoet View Post
There's a group of Foo fans at the italian show who have done a cover of Wheels on Facebook... exactly the response to this situation.

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1023863504300595
I just watched and I'm in tears again...

I love the sign at the end, "Music is Louder than Hate."

Thank you for sharing this.
Old November 16th 2015, 02:19 AM
There's something out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkpoet View Post
There's a group of Foo fans at the italian show who have done a cover of Wheels on Facebook... exactly the response to this situation.

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1023863504300595
This was a lovely gesture. Thanks for sharing.
Old November 16th 2015, 03:18 AM

There's a bright side to this: tickets to cancelled shows can become highly collectible items.

The Foos will be back. Sorry for your loss, but this is a direct example of how terrorism has affected you. Everyone has lost something, some of you lost money for hotels and plane tickets. Maybe you lost a day off that you worked out with your boss. Concerts are a small part of life when compared to the growing problem of suicide bombers entering music venues and shooting people before self-detonating.

Bottom line: terrorism took this opportunity away from you not the Foo Fighters. It would be absolutely STUPID for any American band to play at a large gathering in Europe in the coming weeks. The United States is responding to these attacks, along with France, with its military and any high profile American killed in an attack is easily worth thousands of average Americans.

Now is a good time to have solidarity with the people of Europe and grieve with them for the life taken. If you want to grieve about missing a show then you will find yourself alone at a time when we're all more or less together.
Old November 16th 2015, 03:52 AM
keep on Grohling!

I totaly support the cancelation. this is a safe decision from the band/management/authorities.
Easy for me to say because i live in Lyon, so i did not lose money on plane/hotel and i will get a refund on the ticket.
But all of you living abroad need to understand the mood the country is in right now. As much as i hate to say it we are all afraid on the inside.
Yesterday during a mourning gathering close to the event, where a few hundred of people where bringing candles and flower to show support, there was a panic incident. someone thought they eared a "gun shot noise" so everyone was running and screaming, police was out there with guns out. a total war zone. It turns out that it was a lightbulb that exploded.
Even if we are brave enough to gather outside (this is forbidden at the moment) We live in fear.
My wife was not so happy that i insisted to go to the show anyway. And as much as i love the foos, i don't really feel like rocking and having too much fun right now.
03 july 2017 Accord hotel Arena; Paris

instagram: https://instagram.com/Vinycode70/
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/user/Nicode70
Old November 16th 2015, 05:24 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:

Troll Alert! First time I've ever wanted to vote someone off this island.
Old November 16th 2015, 06:17 AM
Fooper!

Quote:

Maybe the hotel will refund you & show a little compassion (A word i urge you to look up in a dictionary) did you buy travel insurance? You are again proving you have no grip on reality, care only for yourself & you are a dick.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008

Last edited by aprilshack : November 16th 2015 at 06:23 AM.
Old November 16th 2015, 11:59 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Foo Fighters cancel the rest of their tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
I just found out that he was from my home town, I didn't know him but I have friends who did. Such a waste of life, all the victims have friends and family who are grieving and it breaks my heart.
I have friends who know him too. Its so sad.
O2, Sept 17
Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 2017
NOS Alive, July 2017
Glastonbury 2017
Paris, Nov, 20 15
Berlin, Nov, 2015
Milton Keynes 5 & 6 Sept, 2015
Glastonbury 2015
Wembley, 20th June 2015
Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 2014
Milton Keynes, July 2011
Wembley, June 2008
Reading, August 29th, 1998
Glastonbury June, 26th, 1998
Ozzfest, June 20th,1998
Shepherds Bush, Dec 13th, 1997
Old November 16th 2015, 12:12 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicode70 View Post
I totaly support the cancelation. this is a safe decision from the band/management/authorities.
Our thoughts are with you all and we are here for you if you need company or someone to talk to.
Old November 16th 2015, 12:22 PM

Thanks Simon and April for proving that there are People out there with the same philosophy of life like me.

And to Eddiebain: Stop being a dickhead here. You lost Money?!?! 100 others lost their lives at a rockconcert! Think about it more than one second and maybe you'll catch on our thoughts.

11/11/15 Wien
Old November 16th 2015, 12:26 PM
Normal

Quote:
Thanks Simon and April for proving that there are People out there with the same philosophy of life like me.
Luckily you will find that most of us here are. I stopped reading bullshit like that a while ago and therefore I'm not responding.
Old November 16th 2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
Luckily you will find that most of us here are. I stopped reading bullshit like that a while ago and therefore I'm not responding.
yes I know! Sorry for not mentioning you and the others; that would have taken too much time

11/11/15 Wien
Old November 16th 2015, 12:45 PM
Normal

Quote:
yes I know! Sorry for not mentioning you and the others; that would have taken too much time
Oh no, that's not what I meant Simply that we are lucky to have such a bunch of amazing people here and only a few rotten apples.
Old November 16th 2015, 01:11 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
Oh no, that's not what I meant Simply that we are lucky to have such a bunch of amazing people here and only a few rotten apples.
I think Eddiewhatshisface has buggered off now as he's realised he isn't getting any sympathy on here.It seems when there is a real crisis going on in the world, dickheads come out of the woodwork.
Old November 16th 2015, 01:26 PM
Yo.

Quote:
haha,

I also have to go to work every day.

If you are tired and you do not want to do the show... it is another thing.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your posts are grossfully insensitive, shallow and utterly reprehensible. You do realize that this isn't about you, right?

Everyone needs a minute to heal and process. What happened is a tragedy that has shaken the world. Shows don't happen in a vacuum. Hundreds of people from the artists to the crew and venues make the shows happen. There are significant security concerns across the board. If my loved one was on the road, I'd want them safe. As a fan, I respect the decisions of the artists, management and teams of people that MUST keep the folks safe. Sorry that you lost money, that sucks but dude, people died.
Old November 16th 2015, 01:37 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself. Your posts are grossfully insensitive, shallow and utterly reprehensible. You do realize that this isn't about you, right?

Everyone needs a minute to heal and process. What happened is a tragedy that has shaken the world. Shows don't happen in a vacuum. Hundreds of people from the artists to the crew and venues make the shows happen. There are significant security concerns across the board. If my loved one was on the road, I'd want them safe. As a fan, I respect the decisions of the artists, management and teams of people that MUST keep the folks safe. Sorry that you lost money, that sucks but dude, people died.
Amen!!